Mimas

DQX (JP) English Play Guide

I haven't heard of that problem before. I'm sorry but I have no other suggestion than to just finish offline again.

ok thanks. By the way i create my character today and im lv4. if you want to add me in your friend list if its possible to let me know how to add someone in the fl.

my name : ユキン (yukin in katakana)

id: EE175-427

Edited by yukin

When you going to craft a item you can see a check if you already made one of some items before But i saw one with a star instead. what does it mean?

Im new to Dragon Quest X, and there are a few things I'm having trouble completeing, but the main things are the registation in-game (I dont know what is supposed to go where), the internet options for a japanese wii (where to go for the connection settings, not how to set up the VPN), and where to purchase the network points on the japanese Wii Store. Any insight people could give me in these fields would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

When you going to craft a item you can see a check if you already made one of some items before But i saw one with a star instead. what does it mean?

It means that you can skip the mini game since you've "mastered" that piece of equipment. But choosing that also means you have no chance of making a 3 star item.

Im new to Dragon Quest X, and there are a few things I'm having trouble completing, but the main things are the registration in-game (I dont know what is supposed to go where), the internet options for a Japanese wii (where to go for the connection settings, not how to set up the VPN), and where to purchase the network points on the Japanese Wii Store. Any insight people could give me in these fields would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sorry for not replying to your message. I'm trying to get some screens so that I can explain registration better. You purchase the Wii points from the Virtual Game Store. When I have time later I will look for myself, but Youtube probably has a tutorial on how to purchase games from the Japanese store that you can follow to get points and hook up the Internet. The word "Internet" in Japanese looks like インタネット

Can anyone give me some pointers on the Wedi Emblem quest. I think I need to get something to give to the researcher in the turning fork room, don't know which monster drops it, or if I need to get it off of an NPC. Any pointers would be appreciated.

It means that you can skip the mini game since you've "mastered" that piece of equipment. But choosing that also means you have no chance of making a 3 star item.

Im new to Dragon Quest X, and there are a few things I'm having trouble completing, but the main things are the registration in-game (I dont know what is supposed to go where), the internet options for a Japanese wii (where to go for the connection settings, not how to set up the VPN), and where to purchase the network points on the Japanese Wii Store. Any insight people could give me in these fields would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Sorry for not replying to your message. I'm trying to get some screens so that I can explain registration better. You purchase the Wii points from the Virtual Game Store. When I have time later I will look for myself, but Youtube probably has a tutorial on how to purchase games from the Japanese store that you can follow to get points and hook up the Internet. The word "Internet" in Japanese looks like インタãƒãƒƒãƒˆ

No problem, I just figured you were just busy or something. Everybodys got a life, I know that. :tounge2:

Thanks to you for the japanese characters for Internet, I found the connection setup part, so im good with that now. I found a guide for the American store on YouTube, and just used it for the Japanese one, so im good with that part too. I've been fooling around with with the tutorial, and extracting files from the game to analyze for future COS compatability, so dont worry about getting those screenshots; anytime you get around to it is fine.

Thanks for all the help so far!

Can anyone give me some pointers on the Wedi Emblem quest. I think I need to get something to give to the researcher in the turning fork room, don't know which monster drops it, or if I need to get it off of an NPC. Any pointers would be appreciated.

http://d-quest10.net/

http://xn--10-yg4a1a3kyh.jp/

http://wiki.kyokugen.info/dq10/

You can find pretty much find every race, and class quest on these websites. I'd try the second link first, but any of them should have the info you need for now, and future developments.

Bonjour everyone,

Sorry for asking a total n00b question, but I am in serious need of help!

I purchased a copy of DQX a couple of weeks ago while I was in Japan, as I've been a long-time fan of the series and I just couldn't pass it up!

However, I live in Paris (France) and have a French Wii, so obviously it won't play Japanese games.

I figured I'd softmod my Wii so it can play imports, but I'm a complete novice at all this stuff, so I am a bit stuck.

Using the HackMii program, I managed to get the Homebrew channel installed, but after that I'm not sure what to do to get my Wii to load imports.

I throw myself upon your mercy - any tips or advice you can provide are greatly appreciated!!

Oh, and in exchange for your help, I can provide Japanese translations for your screenshots, since I'm also near fluent in Japanese (and my hubby IS Japanese, so if I get stumped I can just ask him) :)

Thank you in advance for your help~~!

I'm not too knowledgeable about this, but I think Mimas pointed out what you need earlier. Here is what she wrote on the subject:

• Japanese Wii, or a Wii modified to have the region, online channel, and probably language switched to Japanese. The homebrew channel alone does not cut it because you need access to the Japanese online store as well as being able to start the game from the USB device instead of a disk. This means that you have to remove your account on the Wii Ware channel, which will delete any games you downloaded from it as well. If you have an older Wii model you can use Homebrew with Any Region Changer. If you have a newer Wii Saigan had success with his model LU70 Wii with Mod Mii created by XFlak.
  • Internet for your Wii to use. If a VPN is needed, please see my VPN guide.

Bonjour everyone,

Sorry for asking a total n00b question, but I am in serious need of help!

I purchased a copy of DQX a couple of weeks ago while I was in Japan, as I've been a long-time fan of the series and I just couldn't pass it up!

However, I live in Paris (France) and have a French Wii, so obviously it won't play Japanese games.

I figured I'd softmod my Wii so it can play imports, but I'm a complete novice at all this stuff, so I am a bit stuck.

Using the HackMii program, I managed to get the Homebrew channel installed, but after that I'm not sure what to do to get my Wii to load imports.

I throw myself upon your mercy - any tips or advice you can provide are greatly appreciated!!

Oh, and in exchange for your help, I can provide Japanese translations for your screenshots, since I'm also near fluent in Japanese (and my hubby IS Japanese, so if I get stumped I can just ask him) :)

Thank you in advance for your help~~!

I had a similar problem except with an American Wii. There is currently no way to play Dragon Quest X on a Wii from any other region but japan. You can convert the region of a non Japanese Wii to be Japanese permanantly (using AnyRegionchanger on the Homebrew channel) in order to play the game, but cannot revert it back (as version 4.3J is needed, which is uncrackable as of yet). If you still want to convert your French Wii to japanese permanantly in order to play the game, I'd be happy to write up a guide. As for me I purchased a Japanese Wii strictly for imports, and I know other members here who bought other wii's used from their own region, and converted them to japanese solely for dragon quest; knowing it was unrevertable.

Hope that helped.

@Megalosaro - Yes, I am particularly stuck on the first item that you listed - I was afraid to try ModMii to convert my Wii to Japanese because I was concerned that it wouldn't work for a French Wii (it doesn't say anything about any region other than US as far as I could find in its documentation).

@MoonRider - Thank you very much for the info - it's quite helpful! I didn't realize that the conversion to Japanese was permanent! I definitely don't want to do that to my French Wii, since I still have plenty of French games which I enjoy, so I will see if I can find a used Japanese Wii for sale somewhere. After that, I'm pretty confident that I can figure out getting on VPN.

I'll be back once I've located a Japanese Wii! :D

A vary lovely topic here its nice to see Dragon Den still full lovely and helpfull ppl even tho I been gone for years

Its also nice see one the members is doing a Let's Play makes me feel more hype about geting the game :)

Stupid question -- does mastering a weapon act like in DQ9, i.e., gives you the ability to use that weapon type on any class?

Is it better to put skill points in your class ability, or weapons?

Stupid question -- does mastering a weapon act like in DQ9, i.e., gives you the ability to use that weapon type on any class?

Is it better to put skill points in your class ability, or weapons?

Sadly no. I tend to put everything in the class abilities (though they sometimes do not carry over as well). Other than that I have a few points in fans and shield, and plan on putting some into knives.

Question for you guys playing, does your TRAIT abilities, become usable on other classes? Or is it only the trait stat boosts that carry over?

Question for you guys playing, does your TRAIT abilities, become usable on other classes? Or is it only the trait stat boosts that carry over?

Just the stat boosts, for example "Protect" is a Warrior Trait skill but no other class can use it. The HP bonuses in the Warrior Trait do.

Some skills transfer over as well. But it is limited, "Boke" AKA "Praftfall" for example can be used in any class, which is good since it is an important skill for unlocking the Super Star AKA Luminary class.

Hm, how about shields. Do they just give some sorta block chance? or do they give defense on top of the defense giving traits you can get by putting points into shields?

Hm, how about shields. Do they just give some sorta block chance? or do they give defense on top of the defense giving traits you can get by putting points into shields?

Here is the skill list for shields.

6 装備時盾ガード率+1% Guard Percentage increases by 1% when a shield is equipped. -

12 ぼうぎょ Reduces the damage dealt by an enemy by 3/4. Last 8 seconds. 2 MP

18 装備時盾ガード率+1% Guard Percentage increases by 1% when a shield is equipped -

25 ビッグシールド Guard Percentage increase for 3 minutes 4MP

32 装備時盾ガード率+1% Guard Percentage increases by 1% when a shield is equipped -

40 シールドアタック Attack 1 enemy while defending 3 MP

52 装備時盾ガード率+1% Guard Percentage increases by 1% when a shield is equipped -

66 まもりのたて Protects yourself from negative status effects 4 MP

82 装備時守備力+30 Defense increases by 30 when a shield is equipped -

100 会心完全ガード Blocks Critical Hits 10MP

Critical hit block huh. I wonder if that works for Tension strikes too. Now I gotta decide, Spear Paladin, or Mace and Shield paladin, problem with Mace and shield is, id only be able to put about 25 or so points at 60, into mace, more then that if what I heard is true, that their is some very hard quest you can do that grants you 4 extra skill points to use. Any idea if that quest exists?

Noticed Paladins can use a staff too. Wonder if maxing out staff on another class, and using 100 shield with it is viable somehow. Id like to build my character to where alot of people would want to use him in their parties pretty much.

Edited by Alexandrious

Mimas, any word yet on how to unlock the Luminary and Magic Knight classes yet? My google-fu is lacking :P

Mimas, any word yet on how to unlock the Luminary and Magic Knight classes yet? My google-fu is lacking :P

Of course. I've already done both. Luminary requires you to defeat a Hitotsume Piero (By the Windmill) at Super High Tension where you only go up in tension through cheering or the Mistral Boke Skill. The Magic Knight quest requires you to use the Mage skill Mahoukekkai before defeating Marin Slimes. I believe the number was 5.

Your going after Paladin unlock soon Saigan? I wanna see that.

Episode 27 has the Paladin unlock, that is scheduled for Jan 2nd.

Of course. I've already done both. Luminary requires you to defeat a Hitotsume Piero (By the Windmill) at Super High Tension where you only go up in tension through cheering or the Mistral Boke Skill. The Magic Knight quest requires you to use the Mage skill Mahoukekkai before defeating Marin Slimes. I believe the number was 5.

Edited by Saigan

I been messin around with the skill simulator *Thanks Mimas* and pretty much by the end it comes down to, if I wanna keep 100 trait paladin with maxed out shield due to the other classes, that my weapon be either a 30 point mace, for average damage and use of shield and its benefits, with 100 points to stick to switch to for weaker attack, but alot more MP, MP absorption thus can use heals and abilities as a paladin more often, and MP regen after combat, or can go this other route, put only 84 points into wand from across the classes, but 42 points into Spear, so id have a offense weapon, and a defensive weapon. This is basically while taking Traits in each class only up to the last skill point needed. If absolutely no attract

tbh if another class comes up with the use of Mace *Hammers* id probably hammer and shield it. Very likely that will be Gladiator that will have it.

Heres an example of a Spear and Stick build. If this link works like I think it should.

http://cpro.jp/dq10/...AAAABSPAgAA-ARA

or if I sacrifice a few priest traits and still want glitterbone, and sacrifice +10 M.attack and +60 attractiveness from Super star, since Im not even sure what attractiveness aka Charm would do for you in X, I can max out both spear and wand. Thus having a offensive mode and a defensive mode. Like this.

http://cpro.jp/dq10/...AAAABSPAgABgAIA

of course once Gladiator is out im gonna likely try to max out Mace and go with that. Whatever it takes to get my character wanting to be used more, not sure what people will look for when they want a Paladin AI controlled on thier team, a Spear one, a Mace, or a stick. Spear for Offense, Mace for Balance, Stick for Defense. Paladins should have the best defense and defensive abilities to use over any other DQ class regardless of what weapon they use anyway.

In the end you end up with these bonus's. HP:120

MP:40 *70 with Wand*

Power:30

Defense:65 *95 with shield*

Dex: 120

Quickness: 180

M.attack: 40

M. Recovery: 60

Charm:60

Tell me what you think Saigan. Though this is all in the assumption that SE wont raise level cap past 60 for awhile, they said 10 years of content, im surprised they raised lv cap to 60 already. The real question is, in the end what would people take for a front line fighter, a Paladin? Or a Gladiator? in DQIX people preferred Gladiators more, but since X has alot of differences, I wonder what the majority opinion is gonna be.

Edit: Gonna post this up, spoilerish but it kinda shows that, damn, bosses just dont screw around, skip to 15:52 to see what im sayin. Having a multi-class build probably helps alot in these. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s7PQxMYbbc

Edit 2: After seein the datamine of possible gladiator *Battle-master* abilities. They seem to get Dual wield. Once those come out in Japan ill likely mess with the skill calc again, to basically give Paladins 60 in maces, 100 in stick, and Gladiator 100 in sword for sword dual wield, while still keeping 100 in traits for both. Become Paladin when my party im helping needs a Defensive heavy armor fighter/tank, Gladiator when it needs a Offensive Heavy Armor fighter.

Edited by Alexandrious