Sign in to follow this  
Mimas

DQX (JP) English Play Guide

Ugh- having trouble connecting to Wii Shop Channel. I am thinking that the previous owners might have used it before performing a format. It looks like the problem might be here?

If I'm not mistaken it thinks something about the Wii is still American?

EDIT: nevermind Mimas helped me out. If this happens to you it means your wii is still registered to the american shop channel. You'll have to change the shop channel back to USA (code 49) and delete your shop account before changing it back.

8UWRi.jpg

Edited by Saigan

How do I logout of the game properly?

& how do I reach the commands menu in the game

Edited by bluevideogame

vo8ob6.jpg

I made character, did story got lvl 10 designed fishperson now stuck at this screen for 10 minutes

When my wii tests my connection I keep getting errors regardless of what I do. And I know my Hotspot and Vpn is working because I can connect wirelessly to my laptop from my pc hotspot and my laptop is read as an ip from japan.

I am kind of upset. I don't know what to do. Any thoughts...?

Edited by bluevideogame

15x65ut.jpg

Can anyone translate this whole menu?

Found out that

1. Warrior

2. Monk

3. Wizard

Update:

This is my next beautiful error. I went farther then ever, did an update thing, danced around the room. Then got this beauty.

2lm75v5.jpg

What kind of error is this, I can't go any farther without fixing it. It really sucks, I need to beat offline mode every single time I want to try to register, is there a way around this?, Or a way to save my offline character ?

Can anyone help , and also translate

Edited by bluevideogame

So apparently you can pay using a credit card in game so the Japanese shopping channel isn't actually necessary and thus I don't need to convert my Wii to Japanese? If I can get my Wii to bridge to my laptop I might pull the trigger and import.

Update:

This is my next beautiful error. I went farther then ever, did an update thing, danced around the room. Then got this beauty.

2lm75v5.jpg

What kind of error is this, I can't go any farther without fixing it. It really sucks, I need to beat offline mode every single time I want to try to register, is there a way around this?, Or a way to save my offline character ?

Ah, there's your problem. Your TV is upside down. Just flip it around 180 degrees.

• Upvote 2

Ah, there's your problem. Your TV is upside down. Just flip it around 180 degrees.

Golden.

[Class selection screen]

Can anyone translate this whole menu?

Found out that

1. Warrior

2. Monk

3. Wizard

Warrior

Priest

Mage

Martial Artist

Theif

Minstriel

[upside Down image]

The image says, "Because an error occured you were not able to download the latest version of the game. Please reset the game and ????? [Can't make out what it says. Too blurry] <Pressing any button will end the game>

Does it happen whenever you try and start the game and update a new version (The screen with the blue slime wallpaper or other monsters)?

So apparently you can pay using a credit card in game so the Japanese shopping channel isn't actually necessary and thus I don't need to convert my Wii to Japanese? If I can get my Wii to bridge to my laptop I might pull the trigger and import.

I think the credit card requires a Japanese address. Also, even though no payments were made during the Beta test, people had to have a Wii Shop Channel account to play the game (I think I might have heard people suspecting that updates or something were being delivered by the Wii shop channel). So I think you do need a Japanese shop channel. Importing the game is almost as expenisve as a used Wii, so it might not be the worst thing in the world to buy a used Wii and change it over into Japanese.

The error happened during an update right after I selected my Character Class.

1. After creating a character for online mode, the screen goes into an update.

2lo6mow.png

2. Then during this update at about 46%, the Wii gives me this error message. I made a video, and got a better screen shot lighting wise, so can you tell me what the whole thing says.

34evspx.png

Note: My Wii seems to be connecting to the internet fine, since I can access the Japanese Shopping channel and I bought 1000 points. I did this from my Normal Menu, I didn't register anything from Dragon Quest. Do I need to register my Wii on the Wii shopping network or anything fancy, or am I good?

What do you make of the Error in the picture above, how do you think I can get past this! Pretty sure my VPN is working.

I just did something stupid. I erased my wii system memory. This is going to be alot of work to get to where I was. I shouldn't mess around in menus!

Edit: Maybe it is a blessing in disguise, except I lose that Wii Points I just bought.

Edited by bluevideogame

I just did something stupid. I erased my wii system memory. This is going to be alot of work to get to where I was. I shouldn't mess around in menus!

Edit: Maybe it is a blessing in disguise, except I lose that Wii Points I just bought.

You shouldn't lose the Wii points you bought- they are tied to your serial number.

If you reach that point again, you might want to turn the VPN off before the update starts and try downloading the update using your normal internet. From my understanding the region block doesn't happen at this level so you should be able to download the update without the VPN. The VPN might be too slow and unreliable for the update to download properly. On the other hand, it does say 3 minutes remaining on your update at 45% so it doesn't appear to be that slow. So if that failed I would recomend reinstalling the game on your USB since something on it could be causing the update to fail.

When you get things going again, could you double check that your VPN is working by going to the site that I suggest in my VPN guide using your Wii browser and making sure that it says that your connection is coming from Japan

You don't need to do any special registering of DQ with the Wii Shop Channel.

I didn't register my serial number for Wii Shopping Network. If that is even possible, so maybe I did lose the points? I guess I will find out soon. I am reinstalling the game, I am on disc 2 for the download. I am going to do all the things you mentioned.

1. I need to first read/accept the user agreement for my wii, gotta figure out where to do that on Japanese Wii.

2. Test my VPN on my Wii on the Internet Channel, as you suggested.

3. See if the shopping network will load, and if I have my points.

4. A. Try to get the game working with the VPN running. B. Try to get the game working without the Vpn, althought I might mess up my network if I turn back on the VPN in the middle of the registration process. --- I don't know which I should try first.

Update: I downloaded the game. I still have my Wii Shopping Points and I connected to the Shopping channel. Now going to check if Internet channel works.

Update 2: I can get into the internet channel thing, But I get to a screen that is connected with my shopping channel, and I can't find the internet browser.

Edited by bluevideogame

I am just banging my head against the wall for 4 days. I went through single player again, except this time I got the error code even before the update.

It is error DQー100ー030ーx

and

When I do something different - DQ-100-012-X

I am about ready to give up.

It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to beat single player every single time.

It is error DQー100ー030ーx

While it could also indicate another issue, that is the error that comes up when you are IP blocked. Were you using the VPN at that time? If you were try disconnecting and then connecting again. Otherwise try using the VPN again. Please tell us what happens.

I did it with a VPN active. I could keep trying to connect, which was differen't. I could click on the error screen and try the connection again, eventually that ended and I got booted to the Wii Menu. I tried all the VPN servers and without a VPN at all.

None of it worked.

Only thing I can think of is my mac hotspot software is not compatible, or certain settings on the computer.

I was using Mac Internet Sharing, Overplay VPN software. And my source to my mac was through ethernet.

Do you know any proven techniques for mac?

The issue is the following. Under your Mac's internet sharing settings set the connection you're sharing to Overplay VPN, do this AFTER you have connected using the PTPP setting under the Advanced section of Overplay. That should fix up your problems.

Thank you Gloomy,

I will try it. :slimeking:

ã‚ã‚ŠãŒã¨ã†ã”ã–ã„ã¾ã™ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼ï¼

ã™ã”ã„ï¼ï¼ï¼

I am in!

Great job Gloomy!

We are both in the game, so if you pm us we can all arrange to meet up.