Mimas

DQX (JP) English Play Guide

More help please

whatisthis_zps3713f23b.jpg

OK, I'll try to explain what I can.

The left side of the launcher is your account. What you selected in the 2nd picture is "Guest player" aka guest account. You should stick with the first option, which is your account.

You're right that the blue button is to play offline. The red is to play online.

When you try to play online on a guest account, it says you should have a registration code. Honestly I'm pretty weak on that kanji, but as far as I can tell from the rest of the context, it says something like "If you want to play on a guest account, you have to get a registration code from the e-mail address you used to register your Square Enix Members account." <- This is my crappy translation of that pop-up text in the 3rd pic, not what the launcher itself says.

When you chose "Guest player" it said on the launcher "Guest players cannot play offline mode." where the offline mode button was.

4th pic: I'm way too weak on the kanji to give a proper explanation, but it's saying something about needing a registration code and logging in one more time in order to play offline mode.

Great news I went on to play the game right after a password reset and closing of the browser. And BAM I see this.

greatnews_zps9e6bb76a.jpg

I'm in like Flyn Pimp 

Thx man I'm already a couple ours into the game. Enjoying it so much and love the cheering on aspect of the game.

What server do y'all play on?

Uh, somebody tried talking to me already. I don't even know how to use in-game chat, let alone respond to him in Japanese. If it was one of you guys: I'm sorry! I'm not trying to be an ass!

Uh, somebody tried talking to me already. I don't even know how to use in-game chat, let alone respond to him in Japanese. If it was one of you guys: I'm sorry! I'm not trying to be an ass!

Except you are <3

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the guide Mimas! And thanks for everyone who's helped me out so far. I'm just about done with the trial, but I've decided to buy the full game. (All in One edition).

Hey all, I had this issue with the beta, and I searched around but haven't been able to find precise instructions on how to get kana to show up on my PC configuration menu.  I have Windows 7 Professional, and haven't been able to install a Japanese language pack so I'm going to assume that's my problem.  Does anyone have pictures translating the configuration menu?  The version I found in this thread is outdated as my menus don't look the same as the ones shown here.  I can post pictures later tonight if need be.  I'm trying to play in full screen at 1080p 60fps, but thus far I can't figure out how to stop playing in windowed mode, and don't really want to screw anything up :)  Thankfully the resolution and framerate have been self explanitory.

Cheers all :)

Do you mean JP text not being shown properly for game configuration menu?

If your computer can not read JP in a website, you need to install JP font first. Then change system locale to Japan and restart.

Edited by Murd

Do you mean JP text not being shown properly for game configuration menu?

If your computer can not read JP in a website, you need to install JP font first. Then change system locale to Japan and restart.

I can read Japanese characters in websites, but not from the configuration menu.  It's all good though, I figured it out :D

How do I access the common sayings on the pc version of the game?

Escape? I believe my keyboard settings are still default and I just need to press B (and no need to hold it).

If using an Xinput controller, hold down X.

I don't really know if this is just me or not, but I've been having trouble starting a new adventure log.

Every time I try to and of course select yes, the game just exits itself out and goes back to the launcher.

This may or may not be just me over-reacting, but it's getting kind of frustrating.

I don't really know if this is just me or not, but I've been having trouble starting a new adventure log.

Every time I try to and of course select yes, the game just exits itself out and goes back to the launcher.

This may or may not be just me over-reacting, but it's getting kind of frustrating.

You will need to create a new human/sibling I think? You get the option to skip the story, and then you can go online and select a race. 

It's been awhile since I did that so I may not be remembering correctly, a screenshot of the message might help.

dqxp1.pngFirst, since I have already deleted the first character as I am sure of this one being the real deal for my big adventure, and "create an adventure log" is the first menu option.dqxp2.pngI select it and then click yes.dqxp3.pngPoof! After a split-second black screen and a couple more seconds, I'm right back at the launcher!

I've really been enjoying this game and need to figure this out! Hope the screenshots help!

:::::EDIT:::::

I got it to work! No problems here!

...Phew!

Edited by Llewind

Hello,

I bought an original copy of DQX (Wii) from Japan. I just want to play offline campaing and I want to ask a couple questions please:

1) You said that the USB will be formatted in a way that game needs. But when I'm done playing the game, will I be able to use in normal way again?

2) Can I play the game just from the CD? Or installation is a must?

3) Do I need an internet connection even for playing offline campaign?

4) I have an European PAL Wii console with homebrew. Do I lost any content on my Wii if I use any region changer?

I will be very happy If I got answers to my questions. I just want to play offline campaign without any internet connection, that's all :)

1. I don't know.

2. Installation is mandatory.

3. Not for the Wii version.

4. I can't say for sure, but I've read that region changer doesn't work for DQX. Something about some required system files that were only ever signed for Japanese consoles. Try playing in Dolphin, or import a Japanese console.