Your favorite too-obvious-to-pass-up monster-names.

I don't recall any particularly clever ones I've had at the moment but if I get a monster that had a Name of their own else where in the series, I tend to name them after that.

Like naming Healers "Healie", SaberCars "Borongo", Battlerex "Wrex", etc.

And somewhat related I name my kids in DQV, "Cobi" and "Tara" after the DWM2 heroes. Honestly, thats who they should have made Cobi and Tara be.... missed opportunity to tie in another game...

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm one of those people that tend to be lazy with names. Like Shelly for shellslime. Sometimes i throw in a bit of twist, like Poto for Jargon, and Sabin for sabercat.

Oh and for rhapthorne, Slim Shady is probably what I would go with. :P

Edit: came up with some more silly names, like Skelly for female skelegon, DullHan for dullahan :P, and Ringo for beetleboy. Lizzie was the name of my hacksaurus in DQVI, so I used that as well, or sometimes Rex.

Edited by MetroidXPS
  • 10 months later...

Recently I got a Zenith Dragon, and I made a joke with my friend that I would name it after him. And honestly, it kinda stuck. So my Zenith Dragon is now officially named after my good friend, Ross Yankowitz, shortened to just plain ol' Ross

I named my Ace of Spades "Lemmy".

• 4 months later...

i remember that i called my overkilling machine "underacheiver".

of course it wouldnt fit in the name box, but i always said, " where did i put underachiever again?".

• Upvote 1

Egdracil => Turtera

Magic God against Zemerugiasu => Epicon

He looks like a big god and reminds me of Immediate. And he is baddass as hell

I've never actually nicknamed any of my non-slime monsters. However, my favourite potential nicknames, if I ever got around to doing that, would be:

Marquis de Leon: Galeon

Demon Wargod Zemerugiasu/Gran Estark/Nokturnus/what have you: Jesus-Punch (shortened to JesPunch due to the 8-character limit) (Nostalgia Critic reference for the win)

Mechan-o'-wyrm: Golgon (they're both golden dragons, so that's fitting)

Orochi: Ghidorah

Sagittar: PegSaber (a shortening of Pegasus Saber from Da Garn)

Edited by Chanticleer Hegemony
  • 4 weeks later...

I like to keep the names of the most memorable ingredient that made a monster (these are Joker 1 names, since I didn't get to Joker 2's post game, because I played professional and my ROM had a bug):

Beshemoth Slime = Besos (Spanish for Kisses). Later went on to become a Gem Slime, but kept the Besos name.

Jum = Jimbo. Later became a Rhaptorne.

Grim Rider = Bones. Later became a Dullahan.

Moosifer = Moose. Later went on to become an Orgodemir.

Incarnii is always named after my cat.