Your favorite too-obvious-to-pass-up monster-names.

The DQM series has always asked much of you when it comes to naming your critters. And most people probably start losing their creativity after the first dozen Demon-At-Arms asking for a clever name.

But if it's a monster you're planning to use in your team for a while, you're liable to put some thought into giving it a good one. And sometimes, well... sometimes you catch a monster whose name is just plain written all over his face. It is SO obvious, you can't NOT name him that. Those are the kinds of names this thread is about. Think back to those situations where you scouted or synthed a new monster, and as the game asked you for a name, you took one look at the critter and went, "Well, that's OBVIOUS!" Then tell us all about it.

Personally, I always name my first King Slime 'Elvis'... y'know, The King. And, by the same logic, my first Metal King Slime usually winds up being named 'Ozzy'.

DQMJ2 offered a new monster with a very obvious name, though... at least for someone old enough to remember a certain classic beat-em-up. My Dual Duellers are named 'BadDudes'.

BadDudes_%2812%29.png

Oh, and then there's my new favorite... when I finished synthing a Treeface from my starter Capsichum, I couldn't figure out what to name him... for all of 3 seconds. Then it came to me, and Bob Ross became a stable in my team for half the game. (For those of you who don't know, Bob Ross is a painter known for painting 'Happy little trees', so naming a Big Angry Tree after him seemed appropriately ironic.)

• Upvote 1

I remember naming my very first incarnate in DQMJ2 zorc, from the original DQMJ. The funniest name I remember that I gave to a monster was naming my nokturnus "sunny" because of the bad "nokturnal" take-off. In my opinion, the names of people's monsters really show how those people act and feel, either that or they're just too lazy to name them, so they just name it by its species or whatever the game gave it.

all of the Following names came to me right quick

Buffy - Buffalogre

Bazoob - Beshemoth Slime

Nessy - Abyss Diver

Angela - Angel Slime

Kandar - Robbin Hood

Kingsley - King Slime

Spot - Mottle Slime

Hev - Metal King Slime

Flicker - Fire Spirit

Pinky - Archdemon

Blacky - Dracky

Bricktor - Golem

Bling - Goody Bag

Gramps - Grandpa Slime

BUbbles - Bubble Slime

Mo - Mohawker

Boomer - Rockbomb

Sampson - Roseguardin

Shelly - Shell Slime

Hareball - Spiked Hare

Stumpy - Stump Chump

Burgundy - Anchorman

Grabby - Muddy Hand

Juggy - Jargon

Frosty - Snowmangler

Shiitakos - Fungoul (idea from shiitake mushrooms)

T 1000 - Liquid Metal Slime

Heh... funny thing, I've used several of those names... for completely different monsters. I used T-1000 for my first Trauminator, and Pinky for a Pazuzu... (Who was combined with a Dracularge named 'TheBrain', needless to say.)

Oh, and my Bling was a Gold Golem. My first Goodybag was called 'Family'. Y'know, 'cuz he's a bag with jewels in it. Get it? No? Well, maybe that's for the best. :lrsmile:

• 2 weeks later...

I've just started a synth tree for a Black Dragon, who I will of corse name 'Drogon';)

Just to name a few...

Kingsley-Fencing Fox

Phoenix-Hawkhart Ace

DrgnKing-Drakulard

Sñr.Lunka -Darkonium Slime(Gem Slime in Joker2)

DeathRam-Exorsus

ThePods-Conklave

Aurora-Diamagon Ace

Dharc-Ace of Spades

Might as well post mine:

Slime XY-Cupcake

Orochi-Oreo

Orochi-Oregeno

Orochi-Garlic

Cluboon Ace-D.K.

Night Clubber-N.M.E.

Canzar-Tyrantic

Rhapthorne II-ZeReaper

Teeny Sanguini XY-Giants

Metal King Slime-Mythryl

Gigantes-Tiny

Atlas-Globe

Gracos-CosCos

Whats with your Orochi names?

Oreo was a fierce hamster and I figured Orochi was fierce enough for the name. The other 2 are my favorite spices that remind me of Orochi's colour.

All with some of mexican style like:

Healslime: Goma (Eraser in english)

Dracky: Quimichu or only Michu (That's means Bat in Nahuatl language)

Boreal Serpent: Azura (Some kind of word mix of Azul=Blue)

Brownie: Macito (is like little hammer in english)

Canzar: Canija (Is like a mix word of Can of Canzar and Canija means something like "Tough" in english)

Chimaera: Condorito (A little condor in english! and because looks like this guy so much! XD) condorito_main180.gif

Komodo: Goji (From the word GOJIRA that's what is Godzilla called in Japan I guess @_@)

Trauminator: Makilon (That's because Machine in spanish is called MAQUINA so is a mixed word too)

Barbarus: Mictlán (That's how we call in Mexican Mythology the Land of the deads!)

Greygnarl: Quetzal (An abreviation of Quetzalcóatl name comes from the Nahuatl language and has the meaning of "feathered serpent", a deity in Mesoamerican cultures)

And my last team in WiFi is called Aztecas and I have a Trauminator (Makilon) and a MKS (Kino)

Edited by Alextachiba
  • 3 weeks later...

I named my Hydra, i know not very original but i liked it :3

Also, when i had made my dhuran for the first time. I just HAD to name him Dark, i mean he looked so Bad assed it reminded me of the first time i played Dragon Warrior 1 (from the DW1&2 combo) on my GameBoy Color. so i naterually named him after my Hero's name from the classic days of RPG gaming. :P

I named the two King Slimes I was using to work a King Cureslime 'Notorius' and 'B.I.G.' because of this image.

The+Notorious+BIG+biggie003.jpg

well I remember some more

Darkonium slime-ruby

Funghoul-Amanita(type of poisonous mushroom)

Firespirit-sparky

Gigantes-puny

slime-gloop

dracky-fang

lips-kissy(bad name I know)

and lastly I named my fly-guy mothy. I used to be a lot more creative ut it got old after the first game, and after beating Estark and naming him diablo.

I named my 3 monsters these in DQM:

Great dragon : Drag

Grendal: Greg

Zap bird: Iris (because its a female monster so a female name duh....)

i didn't do names so much in other DQM games, because i'm too stereotypical gamer and just write the same name for most of the time...

I named my Hydra, i know not very original but i liked it :3

Also, when i had made my dhuran for the first time. I just HAD to name him Dark, i mean he looked so Bad assed it reminded me of the first time i played Dragon Warrior 1 (from the DW1&2 combo) on my GameBoy Color. so i naterually named him after my Hero's name from the classic days of RPG gaming. :P

DUDE!!! you just found one people doing the same thing here!!, as for me i just named him dark because he's well,, a demon type enemy roffll..

Never got a nokturnus.... -__-

my opinion is yeah it does but well worth it cause of zenith dragon

yeah, I admit I named my funghoul funguy. Amanita just is a sick name for a funghoul. Hats off to you,Amanita. I named my archdemonpie and synthed it with my dessert demon "sweetie" to make a belial named denial. Bad joke, I know :mimicgrin:

I named my first Black Dragon "Ross"

I also remember this portal based monster in DQMJ2 Pro. If I got one, I'd name that thing "Chell"

a really good name for a Rhapthorne 2 is hard to think of. All i have right now is tubby.

Names:

• ZeReaper
  • Death
  • Fatso
  • Big Rhap

I don't use Rhapthorne, but I call him Flabby

OH! I got a good name for you: BIGWario

Edited by Jay the Hawkhart Ace