WIFI on Dragon Warrior Monsters is Now Possible.

Rather than update a topic I havent touched in long long ages. do too school sucking hardcore. There is a newer emulator tgbdual vol 8 that unlike the previous you are able to connect, and control your own screen, unlike originally was all about screenshare.this requires no screenshare, the only thing is we need some common sets, tiers, and possibly ways to maximize monsters quickly as you can only have what is it 30/60 monsters in game at a time. Anyways Its taken me this long to figure out how to do, but now its possible. Add me on skype shadowkid17, and I can show you. I however have no teams, saves, or do I know which versions are best supported. However unlike the previous tgbdual's this one can load the same version. I would also love a topic, that would could all train monsters, and trade and show off what we have, have like a gameboy color community of these great games. Anyways hit me up with ideas and feed back we will be in touch :3

• 2 months later...

Then it's true that we can play against other players in this game?

If that's real, i'll start to train, because...I love this game! *-*

It's real. Terry's Apprentice has tested it out and it works.

Terry's Apprentice would be the best one to talk to about that. I did some testing with him, but I haven't personally tested it since he got it working. Maybe shoot him a PM. I know he is around. He's on Skype all the time.

I can explain this one.

Tgbdual v8 is a really decent GBC emulator which is used mainly for its netplay capabilities. Basically, both players will start emulation after they establish connection between each other; this syncs the games on both sides which makes it possible to use the linking features. In the case of DQM, you can breed monsters and battle with them. It should also work with the Coby and Tara games as well.

There are a few ways to go about it. One way is to use an app called Hamachi which essentially puts you into a "global LAN" so to speak. However, unless you know what you are doing (as in highly protecting your computer from outside threats) I do not recommend this method AT ALL. This would be the easiest and fast method, but not the best, plus you have to install Hamachi.

Another way is to use port forwarding on your router. Decide on a port you will use (if you host) then add it to your router forwarding it to your desktop. Share your public addresses with each other, and you're off to the races. Best if someone is knowledgable with this method and doesn't mind hosting all the time. Fastest method (no software to install) -- good if you don't have admin rights to your desktop...

A third way is to connect via a private VPN server. Using this method is like Hamachi except it is way more secure, plus depending on the host, it can be invite only or heavily restricted in other ways. This method is the best because you don't have to open a port inbound. Both users join a private network, the game host shares his address, and you're off. This is easier than port forwarding (if you host) but takes just a little bit of time to setup initially, requires software to install.

Other than that, a good number of interested players is about the only thing that would get something like this off the ground.

• 6 months later...

How do you get a cartridge reader? (Or should I ask this in emulation?) I would like to move all my GB/GBC/GBA games and saves to my PC and emulate.

Also... ORGODEMIR!!!!!

• 2 months later...

Looking for many more matches, I need players and such. Please get back to me guys. Zenith has done a wonderful Job getting everything out there. And a really famous Pokemon Player Named Xenon3120, Has been showcasing all of my work on my channel.  Please get back to me Still working on a mster save file.

I'll probably have a chance to play this weekend, but don't have a save on PC to play with, I'll have to cheat or start from scratch.