Sign in to follow this  
megabob555

Nintendo E3 2012

Today was Nintendo's Wii U conference at E3 and so far things look amazing. Take a look at some software that we will be seeing on the Wii U here: http://e3.nintendo.com/

Unfortunately, they didn't say anything about Dragon Quest X but they did talk about some other games.

The games im most excited about are Darksiders 2 and Assassins Creed 3. What games are you guys looking forward to trying on the Wii U?

Not so amazing in my view. Trying to sell the console by bringing the third parties in was a mistake. Give them a console with a lot of power and innovation and what do they do? Bland games with gimmicks! EA, Activision, and Ubisoft make the best examples of everything that's wrong with this generation. What's the point of releasing a port a year after it has been on shelves?

Nintendo Land is probably going to be the pack-in, but they didn't do a good job of selling it. Not only the presentation on stage, but the presentation in the game itself. I'm sure they're very fun party and introductory games, but not only did the packaging turn people off, but over explaining the game made people tune out. Design - that's the problem. Why design a fitness game when your art direction makes it look like every other one?

On the positives, I really have to hand it to Reggie. He's always very calm and natural on stage versus the droid that plays Jack Trenton or the poor nervous 3DS manager.

I was mixed myself. A lot of the third party stuff...eh. And during the Dance games and exercise games, I yawned, slowly cringed from the screen, and just kept waiting for them to move on. Pikmin 3, Luigi's Mansion 2 and ZombiU *no matter how stupid I think that name sounds) will be definite buys for me.

Also, the lack of DQX was probably due to no official American release being announced yet.

Also, has the 3DS segment happened yet? There's a title or two I wanna catch some info on.

We'll get DQX, but it's not a surprise to not hear of a game announced before it's japanese release, shiz is sacred in japan.

Anywhoozle, I liked the confrence, Rayman and Pikmin put a smile on my face, and ZombieU, Creed 3, already that's too many games to pick up at lauch, and if Mario bros U is online, bam another game, Nintendo land looked fun as well. Honestly all the games shown are launch or launch window. I expect next year's e3 to hold the huge releases to combat the impending PS4 and x720

now, just have to wait for part 2 tomarrow for the 3DS news!

Expecting anything on DQ X was too much to hope for. DQ is going to be announced in Japan first, and they're probably not going to announce anything in regards to the WiiU version until the Wii version is already out.

Figured out a good way to describe the conference. It was like listening to the radio hoping they'll play something good, but they keep playing Train.

I'm looking forward to the Mario games coming out. Especially the new Paper Mario game. The Sticker system looks pretty neat. :D

I was pretty surprised that they were making Mass effect 3 for the Wii U. They should have also said they were gonna release 1 and 2 before that, but I dont think they're gonna do that. The 3DS conference is today. I hope to see more on Heroes of Ruin and Castlevania: lords of shadow-mirrior of fate.

I hope that the new Castlevania title bombs, myself. They should keep making games like Symphony of the Night.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to Pikmin 3 and the first-party titles. I agree with Dwaine that Nintendo is a sorry lot for pushing third-party.

I was pretty surprised that they were making Mass effect 3 for the Wii U. They should have also said they were gonna release 1 and 2 before that, but I dont think they're gonna do that.

You know what? $#!& Mass Effect. That's a great example of the overpriced blandness of this generation. The art direction and graphic design is depressingly dull and uninspired. Haven't heard a soul talking about it that wasn't a grungy neckbeard. When they say "shep" you can just hear the fat flapping. Like Ralphie May.

I hope that the new Castlevania title bombs, myself. They should keep making games like Symphony of the Night.

They did, and it got old. IGA seems pretty cool, but I got tired of buying games with the same sprites as the last 4. OoE had some good concepts, but the level design fell flat. It's time for someone else to get a shot.

Edited by Dwaine

I said Symphony of the Night. Alucard. Let someone else make it, but with Alucard. And swords. $#!& that Whip.

we've got plenty of sprite based castlevania games. The new one looks awesome. If you want a sprite based castlevania without playing symphony, try playing... Portrait of Ruin, Order of Ecclasia, Dawn of Sorrow, Circle of the Moon, Harmony of Dissonance, and aria of sorrow.

That makes 6 sprite based castlevania games which all play exactly the same o3o So to fill your symphony like void, try playing one of those 6 that you haven't. And if you have,m bravo. Hopefully though now you'll let the producers do their own thing, because even if you arn't tired of it, they probubly are XD They want to make something fresh, and I'm with Dwaine.

And we don't really need to see anything on Heroes of Ruin, we know so much about it already lol, they've been showing trailers for it for the past year, while paper mario and luigi's mansion just now got subtitles. I hope that they show some newer games for the future, like terry and or rocket 3 XD

It shouldn't be hard nintendo... Just post another logo like you did last year, nobody but us need to know, SO DO IT.

really though, I didn't think we'd get a 3DS revision, but I think we may after everything they've done. Nintendo has had no surprise gasps this year, which is odd because they always have one, be it developer announcements or what. Something of the likes of Other M, Brawl, and skyward sword like announcement. Not even a hint of retro's game they've been working on for the past few years. So either they are saving up for the 3DS show with a new 3DS hardware, and a lot of games. Or they will surprise in the way of completely playing it safe all the way through e3.

Ah well. the anticipation is killing me though lolz

I was pretty surprised that they were making Mass effect 3 for the Wii U. They should have also said they were gonna release 1 and 2 before that, but I dont think they're gonna do that.

You know what? $#!& Mass Effect. That's a great example of the overpriced blandness of this generation. The art direction and graphic design is depressingly dull and uninspired. Haven't heard a soul talking about it that wasn't a grungy neckbeard. When they say "shep" you can just hear the fat flapping. Like Ralphie May.

Im not a fan of Mass Effect; I just think it would have been better if they also made 1 and 2 instead of just 3 for the Wii U. Or just not make it at all. Either way.

And we don't really need to see anything on Heroes of Ruin, we know so much about it already lol, they've been showing trailers for it for the past year, while paper mario and luigi's mansion just now got subtitles. I hope that they show some newer games for the future, like terry and or rocket 3 XD

You're right. We don't.

I've played them. Only Symphony of the Night. Only SotN is the best.

well, so much for DQ this year XD I didn't expect them to waste an hour of time on games everybody knew about for e3. But I was wrong lol.Guess it's next year terry!

The 3DS conference was a bit of a letdown and not because of the games. They could've put these demos and trailers into the main presentation instead of wasting time with the third party spin. The biggest problem had to do with the presenters. They were obviously new and nervous. I'm sure they'll be better with time.

Nintendo is so freaking confusing, they confirm fire emblem for 3DS coming after the confrence. WHY.

... Least the Wii U has no friend codes

Edited by LordRoto

Yeah i was disappointed by the 3DS conference. All it showed us was games we already knew about. The only thing new to me was when the guy was explaining the castlevania gameplay. I think I heard him say that they are gonna release a Heroes of Ruin demo soon on the eshop. And this thing where you can buy games digitally directly from the eshop is probably just a way so they can get their money directly.

Nintendo is so freaking confusing, they confirm fire emblem for 3DS coming after the confrence. WHY.

Because somebody bothered to ask.

At first I thought the Miiverse stuff was pretty neat. Then I saw this posted at Gamespite.

nypVu.jpg

...Oh. Y-Yeah.

But then I saw the quote below. On one hand, it prevents the above image from occurring. On the other, the poor souls doing this job would need an hourly hug and present to prevent them from snapping.

Nintendo "human resources" must approve your Miiverse posts - Iwata: "I think 30 minutes [delay] should be acceptable".

Nintendo "human resources" must approve your Miiverse posts By Tom Phillips Published 7 June, 2012 Iwata: "I think 30 minutes [delay] should be acceptable".

Messages posted to Miiverse, Nintendo's suite of Wii U social functions, could face a delay of around 30 minutes to appear.

This is because the social networking service will be actively moderated by Nintendo-employed "human resources" personnel.

Each message posted to Miiverse, displayed on the Wii U desktop and in specific areas in Wii U software, will need to be read and verified before it becomes visible.

Nintendo boss Satoru Iwata said he thought a delay of half an hour when posting messages was fine.

"The attraction of a social network is the immediacy of the feedback," Iwata explained to LA Times. But Nintendo needed to balance that with the need to make the service child-friendly, he continued.

"Personally, I think 30 minutes [delay] should be acceptable."

But even this estimate is subject to change, depending on how many people are trying to use the service and the number of Nintendo staff available to read through messages.

Each post will be automatically screened by a computer first, presumably to remove any obvious swears. Users will also be able to flag up any comments/penis pictures that get through the other filters.

I wonder how DQX for the WiiU will use Miiverse

It will use it to tell you who has the coolest house

Edited by LordRoto

i cant wait for that new SMB2 3d. game looks amazing. luigis masion 2 as well looked good