Sign in to follow this  
King Zenith

Contest #90 - Save Denoria from Despair!

110224contest77.png

*comic created by The Mystical One*

The Kingdom of Denoria has been attacked by the plob, minions of the evil Don Clawleone. During the raid, the plob made off with Denoria's most prized possession: The Dhoulmagus Underpants!

Dhoulmagus_Underpants.png

Denoria has sunk into a deep despair. To try to cheer everyone up, King Zenith has issued the following proclamation:

Make the Dragon's Den roar with laughter and thou shalt be rewarded with rich treasure to adorn your profile. Thou must seeketh to adhere strictly to the objective and rules, lest your submissions be stricken from the Imperial Scrolls of Honor:

Objective:

Make Denoria laugh by submitting a humorous Dragon Quest themed joke or creating a funny Dragon Quest themed image, comic or even audio / video sequence (e.g. edited in-game sequence, recut trailer, or you doing some Dragon Quest stand-up comedy if you are so inclined). Note that the measuring stick for this contest will be on the level of humor portrayed and NOT on the skill of the writer or artist.

Rules:

1) You may submit a maximum of two entries for this contest

2) Submissions must be sent to me via PM or by email: KingZenithDen (at) gmail (dot) com

3) You have until Wednesday, June 20, 2012 at 10:00 AM EST to send me your submissions

4) Please submit your own original content only. You may not submit work that someone else has done.

5) Be Funny!

Accepted submissions will be voted on by the Den community, so please do your best to keep your submissions anonymous. I will post all content to this thread as I receive it. The top three voted submissions will be crowned as our winners. If you have any questions about whether some type of comical medium is acceptable for this contest, please post your question in this thread.

The people of Denoria are depending on you!

Edited by King Zenith

Lets see what I can stir up...

Awesome, looking forward to seeing what you've got. I've got an idea for this one. I just need a little time to whip it together.

Time to shine!

Edited by Alextachiba

YEAH! Humor is like my middle name! Emma Humor Coppenhagen!

I have all these ideas, but I don't have the right tools to use. Unless somebody can tell me some decent and FREE editing tools, then I may have to sit this one out...

I have all these ideas, but I don't have the right tools to use. Unless somebody can tell me some decent and FREE editing tools, then I may have to sit this one out...

Check out The GIMP. It's free and it's awesome. Let me know if you need help with it.

• Upvote 1

Should be interesting to see what comes up. Now to figure out what to do

i want to join!!

im so excited! i have a few LOL dragon quest idea/4koma/comics in my head for a long time now.

Should be interesting to see what comes up. Now to figure out what to do

If anyone does anything like your DQ9 weird dance video, I am sure that would stand a good chance of winning.

In other news, here is the first submission for this contest:

Cruelcumber Snack!

Cruelcumber_Snack.jpg

Time to put on my thinking cap!

Edited by Plattym3

Second Submission:

Flying Slime:

Flying_Slime.jpg

:overjoyed2: I'm gonna use all my wit, charm, and comedy in my submission!

And thank you King Zenith for the GLIMP link!

Now finally something to laugh for! :thumbsup:

Lets do this :P

May the odds be ever in your favor.

EDIT:It seems that the odds are not in my favor as The Gimp that King Zenith suggested won't cooperate with me.

Edited by Democrobot

Is that some sort of Hunger Games reference?

Is that some sort of Hunger Games reference?

Yes. I know. I'm addicted!

EDIT:It seems that the odds are not in my favor as The Gimp that King Zenith suggested won't cooperate with me.

Anything I can help with?

Here's the next submission. Dragon Quest Success Kid!

dragonquestsucesskid-1.png

Anything I can help with?

I don't think so. I'm still gonna enter, but looks like I'm going have to make do with Paint.

AWWWW! Dragon Quest Success Kid is just too adworable! I must use a vote on him ><

• Upvote 1

AWWWW! Dragon Quest Success Kid is just too adworable! I must use a vote on him ><

Completely.

Completely.

I think I'll save my vote for now. Wait and see what else comes up.

Dragon quest sucess kid made me laugh. Is anyone else gonna be submitting anything? Im gonna start working on one

Dragon quest sucess kid made me laugh. Is anyone else gonna be submitting anything? Im gonna start working on one

I've got two ideas. I can only hope I have enough time to put at least one of them together.

• Upvote 1

Sign in to follow this