Them's be some good costumes. Good work as always Michi.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's one of the four of us, complete with some friendly monsters.

Me as Aira at Tokyo Game Show last month, with a very nice Japanese cosplayer I found as the hero/Arus! I saw a Maribel on my way out to change into normal clothes, sigh~ I hope she found the hero for

Some of you may remember my Dragon Quest V group at Anime Expo last year (I'm Bianca): Well, at FanimeCon this past weekend, I finally finished my Dragon Quest IV heroine costume: (Finally, the

Great work. Maybe someday if one of these events goes to the great white north, I could convince Catherine (who hasn't aged in 15 years) to Cosplay as Maribel. I haven't convinced her. Yet. I'd probably have to get nack in Kiefer shape (at 42 years old >.< ) to convince her to do that.    

Edited by Red Dragon
  • Upvote 2

Great work. Maybe someday if one of these events goes to the great white north, I could convince Catherine (who hasn't aged in 15 years) to Cosplay as Maribel. I haven't convinced her. Yet. I'd probably have to get nack in Kiefer shape (at 42 years old >.< ) to convince her to do that.

Or you could go as the king, Kiefer's dad. :)

Thank you everyone!! I've been passing on your kind words to the rest of my group. Nearly everyone in my group was dragged in because of my love of Dragon Quest (and not wanting to be the warrior alone), but my Priest class has wanted to cosplay the DQ3 priest for longer than I've wanted to be the warrior! She was my Flora/Nera when we did Dragon Quest V too, btw. :)

Here is a solo shot of my warrior costume that I'm in love with:

157-63d3ed6c65bc326a156bc86ce9c4f39e.jpg

And a group "walking" RPG shot that I like, especially because our Gadabout is one of my favorite ladies:

157-a5c462669f40f0eac2283e3963ba60ee.jpg

And on a completely different note, Luceus and Aurora and Healix. :)

157-fb59fab317e401bf7543c118aef7485b.jpg

My Luceus here is the same guy that cosplayed the Dragon Quest V hero with me when I first cosplayed Bianca in 2011. We realized this was our second time cosplaying awkward childhood friends from Dragon Quest games, hahaha. 8D

What kind of diet to you have to do to pull that cosplay off? :thumbsup:

A lot of Jillian Michaels workout videos and counting calories in the weeks before the con. :D Not as much as I could have, because I was busy finishing this and 3-4 other costumes, sigh.

• Upvote 1

Jesters are the life of the party, after all.

Such a pity that they would.

She did a REALLY good job of personifying the goof-off I thought. :)

Nice pics.Im just sad no one is mentioning these cute little slimes.They are just there standing still waiting to get smacked on their head.

We have some other pics interacting with them but I don't have them all yet. I like this one our Sage did. 8D

13340287_1178213752211296_19849492539187

• Upvote 2

You all did excellent work.  Is everybody a DQ fan in the photo, or did you hand off art-work and they came up with their own costumes?  Or was this a case where you drafted all the clothes and your friends were the models?

Thank you everyone!! I've been passing on your kind words to the rest of my group. Nearly everyone in my group was dragged in because of my love of Dragon Quest (and not wanting to be the warrior alone), but my Priest class has wanted to cosplay the DQ3 priest for longer than I've wanted to be the warrior! She was my Flora/Nera when we did Dragon Quest V too, btw. :)

And a group "walking" RPG shot that I like, especially because our Gadabout is one of my favorite ladies:

157-a5c462669f40f0eac2283e3963ba60ee.jpg

That's some great work there.

On a side note, my 14 year old nephew wanted me to ask the mage's phone number for him which lead to this funny conversation at home. 

Me to my nephew - "If you want, sign on an account yourself and go for it. Just keep it clean." 

Catherine (the very protective aunt) didn't like my answer. "No he won't."

Me - "I'm not doing it. I haven't asked another lady's number in 18 years. I'm not good at it anymore" :laugh:

Catherine tried not to laugh. - "That's not what I meant. No because he's 14."

Or you could go as the king, Kiefer's dad. :)

My hair isn't grey, yet........ :laugh:

Edited by Red Dragon

We have some other pics interacting with them but I don't have them all yet. I like this one our Sage did. 8D

13340287_1178213752211296_19849492539187

Oh the sage! And a poor little slime

But she can smack me anytime

Nevermind.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • 2 weeks later...

Red Dragon, unfortunately for your nephew, our mage is married. ;)

You all did excellent work.  Is everybody a DQ fan in the photo, or did you hand off art-work and they came up with their own costumes?  Or was this a case where you drafted all the clothes and your friends were the models?

Thank you! Only the Priest and I are really Dragon Quest fans. My Priest was also my Flora/Nera when I did Bianca before! Everyone else is at least a JRPG fan or had at least dabbled in the games a little. I showed them all the artwork that exists and they all made their own outfits!

Thank you! Only the Priest and I are really Dragon Quest fans. My Priest was also my Flora/Nera when I did Bianca before! Everyone else is at least a JRPG fan or had at least dabbled in the games a little. I showed them all the artwork that exists and they all made their own outfits!

That is another good reason why I told Dave not to be a bad influence to our nephew. :)

That is a beautiful picture of everybody.

Dave wants me to go as Maribel and he wants to go as the hero. I don't know how a 43 year old and a 41 year old could play those parts, even if he still gets carded for alcohol. I told him he could put on 40 pounds and go as Taloon. I don't think he found that funny. :P  

- Catherine (Mrs. Dragon)

• Upvote 1

You all did excellent work. Is everybody a DQ fan in the photo, or did you hand off art-work and they came up with their own costumes? Or was this a case where you drafted all the clothes and your friends were the models?

That is another good reason why I told Dave not to be a bad influence to our nephew. :)

Dave wants me to go as Maribel and he wants to go as the hero. I don't know how a 43 year old and a 41 year old could play those parts, even if he still gets carded for alcohol. I told him he could put on 40 pounds and go as Taloon. I don't think he found that funny. :P

I could pull of a Torneko Taloon cosplay.

You all did excellent work. Is everybody a DQ fan in the photo, or did you hand off art-work and they came up with their own costumes? Or was this a case where you drafted all the clothes and your friends were the models?

Dave wants me to go as Maribel and he wants to go as the hero. I don't know how a 43 year old and a 41 year old could play those parts, even if he still gets carded for alcohol. I told him he could put on 40 pounds and go as Taloon. I don't think he found that funny.

I could pull of a Torneko Taloon cosplay.
Well of course. You're Yangus!

Of course, it might help if I actually attended any conventions...and find a blue and white striped muu muu...and a big ol' backpack.

• Upvote 1

Ya'll look like you were having a blast :thumbsup:

Makes me wish I had the nerve to cosplay. I always wanted to try Blaine from Pokemon HG/SS...

Thank you! :)

If it helps, our Dragon Quest 3 cosplay group ranges in ages from 25 to 34 years old!

• 3 months later...

I'm so sad that I didn't get to go to Fanime! I would love to go sometime. At least I happened to see the pictures of your group.

You're also lucky that you have a group of friends to do Dragon Quest cosplay with lol. I live over in Los Angeles and have yet to really do any Dragon Quest cosplay, but I want to rope some friends into it. I have the stuff for a Terry cosplay from Dragon Quest Monsters, but not sure what con I would bring it too. One of the guys I've met through cosplay in Los Angeles is also a big Dragon Quest fan, but to my knowledge, he's never cosplayed anything from Dragon Quest either. I think two years ago, I spotted a kid cosplaying the Hero from DQ8 at Anime Expo.

One of these days I'd love to cosplay the male Hero/Erdrick from III and it would be a dream to get an entire group of both the male and female characters.

Oh man I never posted our Builders duo here huh! I have been so bad about remembering to come back to the Den.

My friend and I volunteered and were selected to be the official Builders cosplayers for Square Enix's booth at PAX. We are doing it again at NYCC this weekend!

14224696_1289761664369730_67664980317210

We took some really great photos together too. Puff puff!

14232998_1294036390608924_86206300626969

I'm so sad that I didn't get to go to Fanime! I would love to go sometime. At least I happened to see the pictures of your group.

You're also lucky that you have a group of friends to do Dragon Quest cosplay with lol. I live over in Los Angeles and have yet to really do any Dragon Quest cosplay, but I want to rope some friends into it. I have the stuff for a Terry cosplay from Dragon Quest Monsters, but not sure what con I would bring it too. One of the guys I've met through cosplay in Los Angeles is also a big Dragon Quest fan, but to my knowledge, he's never cosplayed anything from Dragon Quest either. I think two years ago, I spotted a kid cosplaying the Hero from DQ8 at Anime Expo.

One of these days I'd love to cosplay the male Hero/Erdrick from III and it would be a dream to get an entire group of both the male and female characters.

I make my friends do Dragon Quest with me, though a few of them like it already. 8D We did a group at ALA this year also! I went to Anime Expo this year but didn't have time for DQ. I've cosplayed it there before though. In 2011 that's where my friends did our Dragon Quest V group.

Oh man, having a FULL group from III of both male & female would be incredible. I know a guy that would do the male priest.. and I'll have a female thief at SakuraCon next year, haha.