• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Here's one of the four of us, complete with some friendly monsters.

Me as Aira at Tokyo Game Show last month, with a very nice Japanese cosplayer I found as the hero/Arus! I saw a Maribel on my way out to change into normal clothes, sigh~ I hope she found the hero for

Some of you may remember my Dragon Quest V group at Anime Expo last year (I'm Bianca): Well, at FanimeCon this past weekend, I finally finished my Dragon Quest IV heroine costume: (Finally, the

Thanks everyone!

Very nice. You should add brick outlines to your suit too.

I planned on it but was running short on time. I barely finished it for the expo. Also, I'm not sure what I can use on polyester without it rubbing off.

That's awesome! If you see anyone with a Fairy Flute and a big sword, run away!

I was planning to have my daughter carry around her recorder but I forgot.

• 1 month later...

Oh wow, I've been so busy that I almost forgot about this thread!

Nice, geminate! Did you get much recognition as the character/monster?

Now that DQ7 3DS has been announced, Aira is DEFINITE for 2013 omg.

• Upvote 1
  • 9 months later...

I hope it's okay that I am bumping up my old thread. Didn't see the point of a new one! I am about to head out and buy fabric for my Aira costume. This costume is a dream of mine since 2001, and like I said in my last post, the year of the remake seems very appropriate. I'm going to Tokyo Game Show next month and will debut her there! Another dream of mine is cosplaying Dragon Quest at TGS, so I'm excited to kill two birds with one stone. <3

• Upvote 1

I hope it's okay that I am bumping up my old thread. Didn't see the point of a new one! I am about to head out and buy fabric for my Aira costume. This costume is a dream of mine since 2001, and like I said in my last post, the year of the remake seems very appropriate. I'm going to Tokyo Game Show next month and will debut her there! Another dream of mine is cosplaying Dragon Quest at TGS, so I'm excited to kill two birds with one stone. <3

Imma want to see pictures of this once you have it. Aira has always been a favorite of mine. 

Hey Michi, mind if I post your IV heroine cosplay on my Tumblr? Just make sure to also give me a link, so I can credit you properly.

Makes me want to bug my friend for my VIII hero cosplay. It's not the best, but I was happy with how it came out.

I will definitely post it!

Hey Michi, mind if I post your IV heroine cosplay on my Tumblr? Just make sure to also give me a link, so I can credit you properly.

Makes me want to bug my friend for my VIII hero cosplay. It's not the best, but I was happy with how it came out.

Ooh you could reblog the old post I made! http://michicosplay.tumblr.com/post/31714310425/this-is-my-favorite-photo-of-my-dragon-quest-iv

Man I definitely need new pics of her. :( :(

Ooh you could reblog the old post I made! http://michicosplay.tumblr.com/post/31714310425/this-is-my-favorite-photo-of-my-dragon-quest-iv

...and I'm following you.

I had to give a fanboy rant about one of your cosplay. Pay it no mind.

Haha I saw and answered it. I was referring to the costumes they were wearing, not the characters! :P

Haha I saw and answered it. I was referring to the costumes they were wearing, not the characters! :P

I know. I'm just nitpicking. =3

Though I[m pretty sure the Maid-Saber is from Fate/HA...don't quote me on it though.

• 2 weeks later...

I finished Aira. :) Just on time! I leave for Japan tomorrow, and TGS is Saturday. I'll post photos as soon as I'm able!

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...

1238915_675402512472318_616962328_n.jpg

Me as Aira at Tokyo Game Show last month, with a very nice Japanese cosplayer I found as the hero/Arus! I saw a Maribel on my way out to change into normal clothes, sigh~ I hope she found the hero for photos at least. :) 

So my Aira outfit is completely faux leather & suede and was the worst idea for the heat at TGS. It was worse on day 2 when I wore this, so I didn't last very long and only got a couple of photos. I'm hoping to wear it again soon here back home to get some proper photos of the whole thing. I wanna style my wig better, too. Anyway, hope you enjoy! <3

Bonus fun fact: When I came up to the hero cosplayer, she was getting her photo taken with Yuji Horii! She didn't recognize him at all; Mr. Horii had come up to her asking for a photo together with his assistant taking it. After they took the photo, he said who he was, and she FREAKED OUT and got her friend to take a photo of her with him with her own camera. hahaha. I would have bugged Mr. Horii too, but I already got my photo with him back in 2011 at the Dragon Quest VI launch event in Palo Alto. :)

• Upvote 5

Thank you guys! I wasn't very happy with it at the time but I'm glad it's being received well. <3 I'm gonna take more photos in it in a week or so. Woohoo, my fourth Dragon Quest costume! Next up... the female Warrior/Soldier class from Dragon Quest III, maybe?

Looks good, you do great work with your costumes, I bet you would have no trouble at Halloween :)

As always, you look great! Even greater because Aira needs more love and you really got her looks. I would like to see you try some dance and/ or attack poses (or better yet, dance/ attack poses). I wonder if someone would try a Hondara cosplay. I would hate him so much, hahahaha. I guess I would take a lot of pics with him, except he would charge me for that... A Hondara/ Hero pair would be awesome. As for Aira, she needs a Princess Lisa. Almost no one would recognize her, of course, but the ones who do would like it.

I think my face would be useful for a Krift/ Cristo cosplay; the clothes would even hide any fat I might have, heheheh. But I might already be too tall even before the hat, and I am hopeless with costume creation. I would always need it to be created for me. I read your friend did Steiner some time ago. He is a character I would really love to do as cosplay. I can be very rigid about my allegiances and always try to make others behave the way I think they sould, according to my views. Being 33 at the moment (although I may not always look them), everything would be perfect to do him.

If I were thin, I could dream of cosplaying as Orgo Demila. Then I would be a good adversary for your Aira. As it is, I could perhaps do a less handsome Sharkeye. I suppose there is a better reference for his costume now that the 3D game is out... A family reunion with Volcano, Mare, Sharkeye and Agnes, plus the hero, would be awesome (you would do a great Agnes, by the way).

Keep up the good work, and thanks for sharing these pics.

P.S.: I would have loved to see the hero's reaction when she realized it was Horii-sama having a picture taken. I might have been freaking out too much to notice her reaction, though.

Thank you guys! I wasn't very happy with it at the time but I'm glad it's being received well. <3 I'm gonna take more photos in it in a week or so. Woohoo, my fourth Dragon Quest costume! Next up... the female Warrior/Soldier class from Dragon Quest III, maybe?

Of course it is well received. I see no flaw in it at all. And it is not noticeable if you were uncomfortable because of the heat. Also, I just thought that, if you want to someday do a quick, easier costume, you could try the merchant from III. I do not know much (or anything) about costume creation, but it looks simple enough compared with the complex pieces of clothing of other characters (not to mention the armor and weapons). The heroin from II might be easy, too, but I do not know if you would like to cosplay as her. 

You guys are so sweet. Thank you very much. :)  Here's a better shot of the same angle, but from a real camera and not my iPhone so the detail is way better!! I had sparkles in my eyeliner and you can kinda see it here. Haha, what, she's a dancer okay! Next time I hope to get a full shot because I really love my boots!!

1278850_682953841717185_1475987512_o.jpg

As always, you look great! Even greater because Aira needs more love and you really got her looks. I would like to see you try some dance and/ or attack poses (or better yet, dance/ attack poses)

Hee. I didn't bother with a sword for TGS because a) flying there and b) they have really strict prop rules, but someday I hope to have one so I can pose with it. In the meantime, I've got slimes, and could take a nice spinning pose with the skirt next time I wear it! The jacket does have real bells hanging from it. Miraculously, I don't make a ton of noise walking around with it. It's more noisy when I put it on. Hahaha.

Re: some of the costume suggestions, I also really want to be the female hero from III which is actually quite simple compared to a lot of the other designs. the Warrior/Soldier from III will be a big undertaking as it's 99% armor rather than sewing, and I don't have a lot of experience there!

Edited by Michi
  • Upvote 1

You look great Michi!

We made some more costumes this year. They are okay... we tried to make them all at the same time and didn't have enough time. Sorry the pic sucks.

902222 617656244953846 278432858 O

• Upvote 2

geminate, that's awesome! Dragon Quest family!

Thanks guys~

I'm wearing this costume tomorrow at a local cosplay gathering so I can get some full body shots finally.

• Upvote 2