Dragon Quest Cosplay

Wow! I've never seen such awesome cosplay before! In fact I've never seen DQ V or IV cosplay. In real life I've only ever seen Eight cosplay. May I post the IV and V cosplay on DQ-HQ?

I wanna do a cosplay! But sadly, none of my friends like DQ cosplay and I would look silly as Gabo all alone.

I'm glad you like them, guys. <3 I knew I'd at least get some sort of positive reaction here, but I wasn't expecting such sweet words!

Heh, that's something I've wondered about her design. One half has clothing, the other doesn't. I wonder if Sophia is actually left-handed, with the band on her arm supposed to be a type of armor.

It's her shield side! She's definitely right handed. I think the idea is she has "more armor" on the side she holds her shield, as she'd turn and block from that side. But it's, like, spandex, so I don't know what good it'd do. :P

Are you going to do her with the improved wig at AX this year?

I'm not sure I'll even be at AX this year. I started a new job in the game industry, and we have a deadline right after AX. I may not be able to get the time off! We'll see. If I can go for more than a day, I'd definitely bring her.

I have to find another version of that wig on eBay first though, as I intend to take apart a second wig in order to add way more volume and curls! I think it looks okay right now, like a lot of Japanese cosplayers that did the same outfit actually, but not nearly the way I envisioned it. I won't be able to do a straight up Toriyama afro, but I hope to get close. :D

Agreed, the sword is great and the overall costume is very cool, just the way I would picture it

Thank you so much. <3 That means a lot. I just wanted to do her justice. I got a few happy responses at con, including a "Dragon Quest 4 hero and Healie!! Awesome!" which SO made my day!!

what is the sword made of?

I'll have to ask, as I'm not entirely sure, but I think it's foam (the hilt) and balsa wood (the blade). It is INCREDIBLY light and everyone is mega shocked when they hold it up. I have no problem carrying it around in one hand for extended periods of time. :)

I recently searched Dragon Quest Cosplay on Google. EVERY girl does either Jessica, Erinn or Flurette. Personally, I kinda want a Angelo or Kiryl/Cristo Cosplay outfit

Haha, it's true, especially Jessica. Jessica was indeed my first Dragon Quest cosplay, but that's because it was easier to get a group from the new popular Dragon Quest game! :D I'd love to see a Cristo, personally~

Wow! I've never seen such awesome cosplay before! In fact I've never seen DQ V or IV cosplay. In real life I've only ever seen Eight cosplay. May I post the IV and V cosplay on DQ-HQ?

Sure, as long as I can get credit/a link! I have more/better pictures if you'd like.

I wanna do a cosplay! But sadly, none of my friends like DQ cosplay and I would look silly as Gabo all alone.

If I lived anywhere near you I'd say we should do VII cosplay together! Aira is my dream costume (see avatar...). It might just be my next DQ costume, if it's not something from III or something else from IV.

I would love to work on a Midenhall or Terry outfit. Though... I wouldn't know what ways to go about doing that =3=

Of course! I always give credit to the site, artist, or person I steal find my pictures! And I'd love to see more pictures.

(actually to make it easier you could just JOIN DQ-HQ and post your own pics yourself. Not that I would make a DQ-HQ plug right here right now or anything.)

(http://superybertv.webs.com/apps/photos/album?albumid=10854466)

Amazing stuff, yo. The DQIV heroine probably has one of the most revealing outfits of a DQ hero. It doesn't look like it provides much protection at all, but it's probably nice to be able to travel in something light across all that uneven and exhausting terrain. Sunburn might be an issue, though :P

Amazing stuff, yo. The DQIV heroine probably has one of the most revealing outfits of a DQ hero. It doesn't look like it provides much protection at all, but it's probably nice to be able to travel in something light across all that uneven and exhausting terrain. Sunburn might be an issue, though :P

Then she just has to get better armor. Like thus! :thumbsup:

171249f5528775250e14e3d89940cb662496a2e6.png?500233

• Upvote 1

The guy in your DQV cosplay group is the coolest because he cosplayed as a monster (a slime knight in his case)

How come no one ever cosplays as monsters :(

I'd probably cosplay as a monster / villain if I ever decided to try it out... my main fear with that though is that people might want me to recreate fights with folks cosplaying as the heroes :P

The foo monsters from DQ7 could be doable. Go as a set of all four if you got enough people!

fofightr.giffoohero.giffoomage.giffoopriest.gif

Those outfits are really cool michi, how long did they take to make o3o

Thanks! They all took different lengths of time. Bianca was the easiest, as it was just a dress and the cape thing. Jessica took a while because it's TWO skirts and the top red one is made out of moleskin, which kept breaking my thread and hurting my fingers. T_T The DQ4 Heroine/Sofia just had lots of little parts that all had to come together, but overall didn't take a ton of time. Since I usually work on and off, it's hard to give an answer in days or weeks. Probably a week or two each, I guess...?

The guy in your DQV cosplay group is the coolest because he cosplayed as a monster (a slime knight in his case)

How come no one ever cosplays as monsters :(

...the hero's a guy too... XD; But yeah, I was VERY happy with our Slime Knight. The slime is a bouncy ball, so he was bouncing around the con. You can see it in our skit:

[media=]

[/media] Edited by Michi
  • Upvote 3

Was that actually you guys speaking or was it a recording and you guys were just acting it out? It kinda sounded like a recording.

Haha, it was a recording, but it was our voices! Except for the hero, because he was voiced/recorded by my boyfriend. Haha. We did the soundtrack at my house, so it was easier that way. I had fun mixing up the music anyway!

You rarely get microphones at conventions these days.. You almost always have to record your soundtrack first!

• Upvote 1

It has probably been over a decade since they got rid of the mic at Anime Expo. Its certainly is for the best since microphone's seemed to make people freeze up, or be the source of a lot of technical issues.

I'd love to do a DQ3 male Sage cosplay, Looks easy to do, and I think I have the physique to pull it off. The thing is ... uh ... where I live no one knows what the hell "Dragon Quest" is, let alone the Sage character ... *sigh*

Edited by Dahl