Sign in to follow this  
Michi

Dragon Quest Cosplay

Some of you may remember my Dragon Quest V group at Anime Expo last year (I'm Bianca):

262025_10150371964364988_628064987_10372

Well, at FanimeCon this past weekend, I finally finished my Dragon Quest IV heroine costume:

545013_466430373369534_185161679_n.jpg

(Finally, the Zenithian Sword is in the right hands!!)

Also, just because this is now a general cosplay thread, here is my Dragon Quest VIII group from way back 5 years ago in 2007. I'm Jessica. :)

resized.jpg

Whee Dragon Quest! What should I do next?

Edited by Michi
  • Upvote 4

Sandy/Stella. Ganguro Michi would be awesome

Edited by Megalosaro
  • Upvote 2

That's a very cool sword! You made it? or where I can get one too!

Edited by Alextachiba

Sandy/Stella. Ganguro Michi would be awesome

Oh god that would be terrifying... I know some friends that would be really good as her, but I don't think that includes me!

That's a very cool sword! You made it? or where I can get one too!

I didn't make it, my friend made it for me. :) I love it, though!

These are great! I'm working on a cosplay of Eight :D Solo and Loto are my next endeavors.

do dragon quest VI. Maybe you can be milly?

think ashlynn would be good.

im trying to get the things necessary for me to do a cosplay of nokturnus still.....................

These are great! I'm working on a cosplay of Eight :D Solo and Loto are my next endeavors.

Nice! I really want to make my boyfriend be the male hero/Solo to match my female hero/Sofia, especially since we're the same height difference seen in art when they put the two side by side. Haha.

do dragon quest VI. Maybe you can be milly?

Milly or ashylnn.

think ashlynn would be good.

im trying to get the things necessary for me to do a cosplay of nokturnus still.....................

I'm thinking Ashlynn/Barbara is more my style. Hadn't really considered Milly/Mireille, but that could be interesting! I want to cosplay Maya/Manya from 4, and the female warrior class from 3... though both of those have to wait until I have my abs back. Hahaha. I also really want to be Fleurette/Setia from Swords, but I'd rather have a warrior or the prince with me for that.

Also, DJ Blackjack, Nokturnus?! CRAZY!

Awesome costumes! I've always wanted to cosplay Abel but haven't gotten around to it. It shouldn't be too hard.

Edit: cosplay (dang auto-correct)

Edited by geminate

Thanks! And go for it! Even if it takes a while, it really pays off in the end.

I only wore my DQ4 heroine for a couple of hours Sunday morning at Fanime, but ran into some people SUPER stoked and happy that I was cosplaying Dragon Quest. That is why I cosplay!

Awesome! I've made costumes for Mario, Dr Mario, Purple Tentacle, and Pacman & Ghosts...

Here are pics from Portland Retro Gaming Expo. I was Purple Tentacle, my wife was Laverne, and my kids were KoopaParatroopa and Princess Peach.

Some other Halloween pics..

IMGP9109

IMGP6658

• Upvote 1

Well, at FanimeCon this past weekend, I finally finished my Dragon Quest IV heroine costume:

580062_447707115241860_357869117_n.jpg

Your other cosplays are good, but this is fantastic. Great job on the costume - and the friend that made the sword? A master of his craft!

It's true. The costume is great and the Sword is absolutely amazing. So much detail. I remember when you made the thread asking for some detail pictures to help with crafting this sword. Clearly it was worth the effort.

Your other cosplays are good, but this is fantastic. Great job on the costume - and the friend that made the sword? A master of his craft!

It's true. The costume is great and the Sword is absolutely amazing. So much detail. I remember when you made the thread asking for some detail pictures to help with crafting this sword. Clearly it was worth the effort.

You guys are super sweet! Thank you so much!! Finishing my heroine costume was a dream. I am so in love with her design and I was so glad to finally cosplay it. I want to make the wig even poofier and curlier, and fix up a few things, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. Thanks again.

I will pass on the sword compliments to its creator. ;)

Cool costumes, keep the pics rolling.

Thanks! Well...

380262_447763371902901_1518226731_n.jpg

With Healie! You know what's annoying about this costume? That gap on the armband is SUPPOSED to be there but it looks like I made my costume inaccurately. At least to me. Ugh! Silly Dragon Quest designs. This costume was really ... interesting to walk around in. You don't feel much like a warrior in such little clothing. :P

it wont let me view the dq4 heroine picture. can you try posting that picture again?

it wont let me view the dq4 heroine picture. can you try posting that picture again?

Er, I posted two. From my original post, or my later post? There are also pics here: http://www.acparadise.com/acp/display.php?c=59684

http://superybertv.w...otoid=125978446

somebody needs to make this zoma shirt so I can buy it

I am pretty sure that was a limited real life shirt at a store in Japan!

Finishing my heroine costume was a dream. I am so in love with her design and I was so glad to finally cosplay it. I want to make the wig even poofier and curlier, and fix up a few things, but I'm really happy with how it turned out. Thanks again.

With Healie! You know what's annoying about this costume? That gap on the armband is SUPPOSED to be there but it looks like I made my costume inaccurately. At least to me. Ugh! Silly Dragon Quest designs. This costume was really ... interesting to walk around in. You don't feel much like a warrior in such little clothing. :P

Heh, that's something I've wondered about her design. One half has clothing, the other doesn't. I wonder if Sophia is actually left-handed, with the band on her arm supposed to be a type of armor.

Er, I posted two. From my original post, or my later post? There are also pics here: http://www.acparadis...lay.php?c=59684

http://superybertv.w...otoid=125978446

somebody needs to make this zoma shirt so I can buy it

I am pretty sure that was a limited real life shirt at a store in Japan!

thanks! it looks great! nice job!

• Upvote 2

All of her pictures showed up fine in the posts for me. That sword is just so gorgeous.

Are you going to do her with the improved wig at AX this year?

Agreed, the sword is great and the overall costume is very cool, just the way I would picture it :thumbsup:

what is the sword made of?

I recently searched Dragon Quest Cosplay on Google. EVERY girl does either Jessica, Erinn or Flurette. Personally, I kinda want a Angelo or Kiryl/Cristo Cosplay outfit