Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shadow Kunoichi

so 2012.....

everyone ready for the Day of Lavos? lol, well in all seriousness though anyone here believe in the whole doomsday bologna that's all the rage? as for my opinion, it won't happen. there's no scientific proof that it will, it's just a bunch of lunacy.

Idk, Snooki is having a baby around that time, pretty strong evidence right there :).

But seriously, there have been so many predictions of the end of the world and guess what? Crazy end world predictions - 0, World goes on - 1 million. I think even Nostradamus got it wrong. I got the feeling that for him it was 1999. Well we are still here.

In fact recently, a guy in NYC was preaching the world was coming to an end. There were a lot of fliers around I remember. Naturally he was wrong. I wonder what happened to him and his family. He used most of his money to spread his incorrect idea.

Idk, Snooki is having a baby around that time, pretty strong evidence right there :).

But seriously, there have been so many predictions of the end of the world and guess what? Crazy end world predictions - 0, World goes on - 1 million. I think even Nostradamus got it wrong. I got the feeling that for him it was 1999. Well we are still here.

In fact recently, a guy in NYC was preaching the world was coming to an end. There were a lot of fliers around I remember. Naturally he was wrong. I wonder what happened to him and his family. He used most of his money to spread his incorrect idea.

i do admit that those Nostradamus predictions are are somewhat plausible, but even so there's nothing that can prove they all were nothing more than lucky guesses. not like the guy's around today.

you mean the radio dude? the one that was going on about a rapture? yeah, well joke's on him cause were all still here. and now he's lost even more respect among what little he had to begin with.

way i see it, the world will end when the sun goes supernova turning into a death star. and i doubt the human species will still even exist by that time, not with the way everyone treats each other.

That's exactly what I got the year 1999 from. Too bad that show isn't still on, I enjoyed it.

As for Nostradamus, I think it's more of they are so broad they can be interpreted in a lot of situations, like psychics who claim they can talk to the dead. Eventually, with enough predictions you will get something right. Some of his accurate predictions though perplex me, like how Hister is Hitler (if he really could predict, surely he would know his name), and Mabus is Bush and Osama, that is just dumb in my eyes that Mabus equals that. Again, it's broad enough that people attempt to connect the dots for him. Also, Nostradamus is proven "true" after said event happened which means even if he knew it 500 years before it happened, doesn't help us cause the event already happened.

He might have been the radio guy. Funny how now you hear nothing about him, cause I would sure love to know how he could weasel his way out of that one.

When I hear these kind of stuff, I just wonder when will people stop being bastards.

way i see it, the world will end when the sun goes supernova turning into a death star. and i doubt the human species will still even exist by that time, not with the way everyone treats each other.

That actually won't happen. The sun isn't massive enough to go supernova (and would have done so a couple billion years ago if it ever were). It will instead bloat into a red giant when it starts converting helium into carbon, then puff out its outer layers into a planetary nebula before 'fizzling' down into a white dwarf.

/astronomy dork.

So unless humans/aliens can figure out how to stop the sun from enveloping the Earth, it will be gone in millions of years. Hurry up scientists, time is running out :laugh:.

So unless humans/aliens can figure out how to stop the sun from enveloping the Earth, it will be gone in billions of years. Hurry up scientists, time is running out :laugh:.

Corrected.

And dammit, that's why we need mad scientists and their wacky inventions, like a planet-size rocket booster to propel Earth out of harm's way. Save us, Dr. Insano!!!

i believe something will happen

we will still be here tho. it wont be the end of man.

So unless humans/aliens can figure out how to stop the sun from enveloping the Earth, it will be gone in billions of years. Hurry up scientists, time is running out :laugh:.

Corrected.

And dammit, that's why we need mad scientists and their wacky inventions, like a planet-size rocket booster to propel Earth out of harm's way. Save us, Dr. Insano!!!

I was thinking billions, but wasn't sure. Maybe we need some type of Doomsday Device from Professor Farnsworth. Always trust the mad scientist :).

I was thinking billions, but wasn't sure. Maybe we need some type of Doomsday Device from Professor Farnsworth. Always trust the mad scientist :).

Ah, what can they do. The world ends this year anyway, right?

(for the record, the Mayan Calender thing is silly to the extreme. Has it not occurred to anyone that they simply ran out of room?)

if i remember correctly, most scientist think 2012 would be the "day of lavos" because mayan calendar system was working until/ reaches the end to that year. Which would actually meant its just an incomplete calendar.Most people refer this as the sign of doomsday rather than just an incomplete calendar. Negative thinkers these days... :P

Corrected.

Nope, can't do that. It is very cold out in space. Our planet would be frozen over before we hit the Kuiper Belt or even Saturn for that matter. We need a whole new planet.

And the only thing that ends in December is the Mayan calendar.

And the only thing that ends in December is the Mayan calendar.

Technically, so does every Gregorian calender with a "2012" on the cover. :pirate:

I'm just gonna wait 3 more years for my flying cars, self-drying jackets, and power laces.

If the 'end of the world' occurs, it would not be the first time. I have to work to stay afloat, but I have it easy compared to those before me. Spanish flu. Black Death. Cholera. Potato Famine. British and Viking invasions and massacres. Toba. Yellowstone. Ice Age.

People are resilient. We'll survive.

Freedom from greed and jealousy (including my jealousy and hate of that DQ themed restaraunt / bar in Japan that I'd love to see).

6inW6.jpg

if i remember correctly, most scientist think 2012 would be the "day of lavos" because mayan calendar system was working until/ reaches the end to that year. Which would actually meant its just an incomplete calendar.Most people refer this as the sign of doomsday rather than just an incomplete calendar. Negative thinkers these days... :P

The end of the Mayan calander is simply the ending of a 'cycle' in their ancient belief system - it's actually a time of great celebration in their culture and has nothing to do with the world coming to an end in some fashionably apocalyptic way.

Besides, we've recyled the damn thing twice already, because it's very good at predicting natural occurances like floods, drouts, the passing of celestial bodies like comets, etc... (not to mention, those silly Spaniards likely gave a good cannonade to part of it too with their whole 'empire crushing' conquests!:P)

The whole 2012 non-sense is just the usual raving nutters & lonney toons spouting their moronic silliness & Hollywood looking to make a few million off of it with really cheesey films!

I think there's actually better odds that Yellowstone hits the 'reset' button than we all snuff it on Dec.21st or 23rd or whatever day the crazies are preaching!

I personally believe the end of the world theory was jossed. First of all, who's to say that the apocalypse is what the Mayans predicted? They weren't of the Christian faith. Maybe they were predicting something having to do with their own beliefs.

Second, how many end of the world theories does this make?

In all honesty, the only "end of the world" scenario I find plausible is the Day of Lavos, and only because if that happens my life could end up becoming Chrono Trigger