Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hawkeye77o4

DQs First Female Villain?

Of the new patch of DQX screenshots that Woodus posted, two of them caught my attention.

dq10wii_255.jpg

dq10wii_256.jpg

Could this be DQs first female villain and final boss??? I for one hope so. It's about time DQ added a little flair to their final boss list.

It is much more likely that she is a regular boss, not the final boss. They wouldn't dare release an image of the final boss before the game even comes out.

They wouldn't dare release an image of the final boss before the game even comes out.

Wasn't Mortamor on the cover of the original VI? :P

dq6snes_front.jpg

Mind, you say before the game comes out, and I don't know if they'd actually show things like box covers and the like in commercials back then before the games would get released. Changing times, also. I think Dragonlord and Malroth appeared on the box art of the games they first appeared in, too.

There is a female villain, as in final boss, in one of the spin-off games, but... it's kinda hard to pin down given circumstances :P

It is much more likely that she is a regular boss, not the final boss. They wouldn't dare release an image of the final boss before the game even comes out.

True. But I would settle for even a mid boss similar to Dhoulmagus.

There is a female villain, as in final boss, in one of the spin-off games, but... it's kinda hard to pin down given circumstances :P

I think I know which one you're referring to but I'll restate. First MAIN SERIES final boss.

She kind of seems like a mid boss....

"Welcome to my shop! My name is Juliante the Witch. I wonder just how good you are... Well, I'll just test if you're good enough to satisfy me, Juliante the Witch!"

Ahaha, the innuendo. Also, I think you left out the hearts :P

... oh man, I just totally blanked on what I wanted to say next. Uh...

Well, her design kinda reminds me of those rabbit people from... Final Fantasy XII, I think? It looks like she has the same kind of ears and sideburns going on. I do get more of a minor antagonist vibe from her. Kinda like Morag.

What I'm wondering now is where THIS statuesque vixen fits into things. (ahaha, fits)

dq10wii_254.jpg

Their screenshots were close together, and I kinda get the feeling there might be a connection going on. Colors are kinda similar.

Regardless of whether she is the final boss or not, shes pretty sexy. It might be one of those things where you fight her multiple times in the game and she gets stronger every time. Kinda like ghirahim from skyward sword. That picture loooks like it might be one of her early battles.

id prefer the first chick to be in tw3d :P

then i can pair her up with nokturnus hahahahah

2nd vixen? not so much. she may need love too but not from ol nokturnus :D

That design totally rocks, though. I am just that much more excited for DQX.

She is under the Orgreede section of the official website's character list so she is certainly not the final boss. I'm going to bet that her looks and name are a red hearing and she helps you (might still be after a battle though).

The other women is the "Sage Mariin".

dq10wii_jpn_front.png

Looks like I might've been right. Wrong woman, but looks like we might get a female villain after all.

... I dunnooooo, I think that's just another fancy / Rocky Horror Picture Show styled villain. You know, someone Orgodemir would be able to relate to :P

That's the impression I'm getting, at least. Maybe that IS a woman.

I hope we get a REALLY hard boss battle

... I dunnooooo, I think that's just another fancy / Rocky Horror Picture Show styled villain. You know, someone Orgodemir would be able to relate to :P

I thought it was a standard fancy male villain as well.

I thought it was a standard fancy male villain as well.

I dunno... those eyebrows and bone structure make me think of the evil witches straight out of Disney movies

Female villian huh? Makes for some interesting plot(s)

Looks like I'm wrong. Julieande is evil.

If I had to speculate, I'd say each tribe probably had a unique 'mid' boss and she is for one specific tribe. Again, all speculation. She could just as easily be a mid game boss for everyone, or a full end boss, or an anti-hero more like Psaro.

There also seems to be a totally different person who comes and attacks your starting (human) village.

There also seems to be a totally different person who comes and attacks your starting (human) village.

You mean the one that uses a scythe to make that glowing rift in the sky? I'm pretty sure that's the same fancy sort that's on the cover, yo. Looked like it, anyway.

Yeah I think the cover one is the same as the monster attacking the village.

Juliande appears to be just one of a number of bosses in Ogreede. A Japanese voice actress commented on her twitter feed that in the Beta she got wiped out by her.