Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Horus

When you play the Game of Thrones...

Anyone else watching the HBO series?

I fell in love with Season 1 and Season 2 so far is living upto my expectations! Only a few more weeks left however, and then the long, long wait until next spring for Season 3.

So, any other Westeros fans here?!

...you win or you die.

I am currently half-way through the latest book. Recently moved 45 mins away from work, so was looking for some good audiobooks & after finishing off the final Eragon book in December, thought I'd stay in that genre.

Really am enjoying the series, and now after listening to it on tape for 5 months straight (these are 30+ hour audiobooks each) I'm already dreading the wait for the next book. You think the long wait between season 2 & 3 is bad, from what I've looked at, the writer takes 3-5 years between books!

Of course listening to the books has made me want to watch the series. Watched the first season and the first few of season 2. Will get to the rest in the next month or so, no real rush since I'm well ahead of the plotline.

I think the books/series is great. Well thought-out and I like that main characters die. And quite regularly! You never quite know what's going to happen next. The John Snow & dragon queen storylines are the ones that have held my interest so far, and I think the TV series has been about as well-done as you could imagine. Turning such a long novel into 10 hours of TV couldn't have been easy, but they've done it!

I really like Arya's storyline too! She's completely kick*** and hopefully she'll get a chance to assassinate a few of those who are a part of her nightly prayers!

From Parks & Recreation. Look where Andy wants to live!

2012-05-19-parksrecwinterfe.jpg

I love the series. I can't wait to see when the Dragons grow up. I really like Tyrion the best of all the characters.