Sign in to follow this  
FranckyFox2468

DQ at E3 2012.

I think it is, unlike the original DS, they went to region-locking again with the DSi.

I had heard from a friend of my brother, one who lives in Japan, that they had considered removing region block via system download. Anybody confirm this?

I think it is, unlike the original DS, they went to region-locking again with the DSi.

Avast, I be a pirate then! YAR!

By the time it comes out, there should be a 3DS compatible card. :)

I had heard from a friend of my brother, one who lives in Japan, that they had considered removing region block via system download. Anybody confirm this?

I had read an article(I posted a link to the article on this site some time ago.) a while back that they might remove region block from the 3DS, but as to when that will happen who knows maybe at the end of life for the 3DS line.

I had read an article(I posted a link to the article on this site some time ago.) a while back that they might remove region block from the 3DS, but as to when that will happen who knows maybe at the end of life for the 3DS line.

Hopefully not THAT late.

Speaking of, is the 3DS region locked?

If we don't get Rocket or TWD I'll just go the emulator route until the price on the import falls. I'm happy to throw my money at DQ but if they don't make the effort to release here I'm happy waiting.

Yes, but since the games I want the most are ones I could play in Japanese (Rocket Slime, DQMonsters, Zelda), I'd be fine with a Japanese 3DS if it came down to it!

Lock removal would be the best! I just hope I can still get the Japanese imports then (two years are mostly safe, thanks to greatest hits). And I hope the Yen is lower by then, too.

Nothin' so far. I'd check the press site, but it's getting hammered right now. If there's nothing after the 3DS conference, I'll pester press next week.

yeah, they stuck with launch games / soon after releases with Wii U, and so I expect something of DQ X at next year's or sometime after they showw off the japanese wii u version.

Tomarrow still holds hope for Terry/Rocket 3

yeah, they stuck with launch games / soon after releases with Wii U, and so I expect something of DQ X at next year's or sometime after they showw off the japanese wii u version.

Tomarrow still holds hope for Terry/Rocket 3

The suspense is killing me >.<

Awe yeah, we get to go from one year waits between japanese and us releases, to TWO YEAR waits, if we even get them at all.

$#!& YEAH!

Yup that's that. lol I didn't really expect anything, But i'm incredibly surprised we didn't get any big announcement. This has been the tamest e3 in years for Nintendo. Which is crazy with a new system looming. Looks like we'll have to wait for the september event to see if we get anything DQ by year's end or early next.

Oh well

It's not like games are only announced at events. :(

Really though I just want my Rocket Slime 3DS...

It's not like games are only announced at events. :(

Well, yeah kinda. They unveiled their full lineup for the next year. If a game isn't announced in some form at E3, it's usually a game the company doesn't really care about.

Like Dragon Quest.

• Upvote 1

If Square Enix was still running the show, yes.

Fire Emblem isn't due this year and didn't get a confirmation until someone bothered to ask. I have more faith in Nintendo than I ever did Square Enix, but still, it's tough to shake the feeling with the series uncertain history.

The big bummer, for me, is that there is nothing about the rerelease of VII. I've really been hoping for that.

You don't stick around here enough!

Well I would say that this definitely rules out Dragon Quest X from being a Wii U launch title. If it were coming this year, it would have been at E3 in some form. This is another red flag in my opinion. It likely means that it won't be released until summer 2013, a full 3 years after the successful release of Dragon Quest IX.

yeah, DQX and Terry are coming, just not anytime soon. There may be a chance they come out at the end of the year or early next. Nintendo has held another confrence around september in the states and europe. So that will be our next launch point for potential announcements unless we do some extra work lol

I want Slime Morimori, not just Terry and X...