FINALLY some decent grottos!

Saigan

So, a little over a month ago, I took my DQ9 to a tabletop hobby tournament for something to do between games & meals/over night and I was grinding away on my Lv94 map looking to spawn some decent looting maps...

Picked my game up again the other night and started plugging the dozen or so new maps I'd gotten in the grotto finder-thingy that tells you how many floors, what rank of chests, which boss, etc... (the one here; http://www20.atpages.jp/dq9tools/tmape.cgi)

Low and behold, the final map I checked was the Gold Abyss of Ruin Lv91, and I saw the red text there indicating it has a 'special' floor... So I go through it checking out to see what my special floor is...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!!!

All Metal King Slime floor on B14!!! :whoa: :whoa: :whoa:

So, if there's anyone in the Toronto area who's wanting an all MKS floor map, I've got one to tag!

I have all of the notable ones wrote down on paper(I lack a printer).

I remember getting a couple with bugged floors. In both of my cases, they were void of any monsters. Definitely made it no hassle.

Yeah, if there's anyone in South Carolina with some sweet ass maps, please get up with me. Maybe we can grind some grottoes together as well.

..just for the sake of naming off the possible maps to keep an eye out for. if your going to hunt MKS's any "Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire/Diamond Crater of Bliss/Glee/Joy" Lv.46 and up will likely have a 50% to 100% encounter rate on floors 1-8 (provided im reading the Analyze Ghetto name section of the Ghetto Calculator correctly.)

Metal King Slime - 100% DR Terrain MR Chance Floors D Fire 7 14.28% 9-12 A Fire 9 42.85% 1-4 A Fire 8 42.85% 5-8

^ i am reading that correctly right?

Anyways, those of you who feel like being a gambler while on ghetto grinds, i suguest finding "Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire/Diamond Glacier of Bliss/Glee/joy" Lv.55 and up for well.. let the chart show the reasons Platinum King Jewel - 56% DR Terrain MR Chance Floors A Ice 9 25.26% 13-16 S Ice 9 31.57% 13-16 Gem Slime - 97% DR Terrain MR Chance Floors D Ice 7 3% 13-16 A Ice 9 31.57% 5-8 A Ice 8 31.57% 9-12 S Ice 9 31.57% 5-8

...of course any "Ruby/Emerald/Sapphire/Diamond Crater of _____" level 46 and up will have Metal king slimes, but i've only listed the combinations that yield the highest encounter rates. Hope that helps everyone out. personally i cant get a file save to generate a code for those Ghetto combos even if my life depended on it so there's no way for me to enjoy it these epic Ghettos for a while. not until i get my hands on one the old fashion way anyways. Have fun tho everyone, and happy hunting.

..no matter how many times i've editited this post i cant get the nice excel grid work to stay put. ah well.

I finally have a grotto that's in the upper 90s!

Ruby Maze of Hurt lv. 97

The boss at the end is Tyrranosaurus Wrecks(I was worried it would have been Greygnarl, which would negate it's usefulness).

Not really impressive in the S and A rank chest department(I have a lv. 70 that has 5 S and 7 A rank chests), but it'll be great for map farming.

Edit for the second one I mentioned: Ruby World of Joy lv. 70, a volcano grotto that goes up to rank S monsters. It's the one with 5 S and 7 A rank chests. Well worth keeping because it will also allow me to do another quest I've yet to get done.

• 3 weeks later...

After months of on and off attempts to get some Moai Minstrels or MKS maps last night I got BOTH. Best part is that I got Luminary completed on the FIRST Moai Minstrel, the boss was the super-easy Sanguinus, and he gave me a map with 6% MKS on the 13th floor. Verified they appear already! :D

That reminds me, how do I find out what the monster's encounter percentages are? I would love to know about my fire grottoes with MKS spawns.

• 11 months later...

So I work my way up the ranks in search of a map with five or more s rank chests amd then hit a wall. After getting several maps in the 90-96 level range and then many more with ruby/sapphire/emerald/diamond names I'm suddenly only getting maps with fancy names and levels between 50 and 70. And they rarely have even two s rank chests.

I'm currently a level 99 paladin with five revocations. Run through a map called sapphire abyss of bane lv. 92 and get a map called sapphire world of joy lv. 57. Wut? This is new to me having read all about grotto mechanics.

Archived