Dragon Quest X JP Release Date Announced

Mimas

dq10wii.png

Square Enix has announced that Dragon Quest X will go on sale August 2, 2012 (Thur) in Japan.

The two disk game will sell for 6,980 yen for the normal version, and 8,980 for the Wii USB Memory bundled version.

The game will come with a coupon for 20 days of free online play.

One game allows for the creation of three characters.

Requirements for the game are USB Memory (Over 16GB) and a Broad Band Internet connection.

The cost of online play was also announced. For payment they will be taking either credit cards or Wii points.

For Credit cards 30 days is 1,000 yen. 60 days is 1,950 yen, and 90 days is 2,900 yen.

For Wii points 30 days is 1,000 points, 60 days is 1,950 points, and 90 days is 2,900 points.

No information was given about the Wii U version.

A new promotional video was launched with the announcement of the release date.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dblzKvb-Fmw

Square Enix has announced that Dragon Quest X will go on sale August 2, 2012 (Thur) in Japan.

The two disk game will sell for 6,980 yen for the normal version, and 8,980 for the Wii USB Memory bundled version.

For Credit cards 30 days is 1,000 yen. 60 days is 1,950 yen, and 90 days is 2,900 yen.

For Wii points 30 days is 1,000 points, 60 days is 1,950 points, and 90 days is 2,900 points.

For us U.S. folk:

~$86.50 for the game

~$111 for the bundle

Ongoing fees, that's approximately:

30 days = $12

60 days = $24

90 days = $36

For us U.S. folk:

~$86.50 for the game

~$111 for the bundle

Ongoing fees, that's approximately:

30 days = $12

60 days = $24

90 days = $36

$86.50?! thats insane! that would be the most expensive video game i ever bought if i were to get that! $86.50 for one game?! On top of the online fee?! outrageous!

$86.50?! thats insane! that would be the most expensive video game i ever bought if i were to get that! $86.50 for one game?! On top of the online fee?! outrageous!

Dragon Quest games are always expensive in Japan. I spent like 75$ when I bought Japanese DQIX on launch. IIRC, DQVI was like 120 at launch

Dragon Quest games are always expensive in Japan. I spent like 75$ when I bought Japanese DQIX on launch. IIRC, DQVI was like 120 at launch

Oh ok. Hopefully it drops when it comes out it NA.

It most certainly will. No doubt it will be the standard 50$ that every other Wii game goes for. At least for the base version. If they DO have a bundle here, it could be more.

waiting for the subbed trailer

...?

Not gonna happen, so watch away.

For us U.S. folk:

~$86.50 for the game

~$111 for the bundle

I don't like doing the conversions because they rely on today's exchange rate of 81 yen to a dollar. Current predictions seem to suggest that the yen dollar will be strengthening, which would mean cheaper prices (though only by a few cents). But posted rates aren't what you get when you buy things listed in yen anyways, because banks and credit cards have their own rates, and sometimes conversion fees. The online shop might have different fees as well.

And except for those of us importing the game, the conversion doesn't give an accurate picture of the mentality associated with the price. Because the dollar is currently cheap, the price seems more expensive, but to a Japanese person it won't be as much. What you have to look at is the purchasing power parity of the dollar to the yen (how many dollars compared to how many yen it takes to purchase similar goods).

So if we look at a list of Wii games and their price in Japan we can see that Zelda (both Wii games) were priced at 6800, making them basicly a dollar or two cheaper than this game. The special edition of Skyward Sword was 8800 yen. When you consider that the same edition went for $70 here. So you can see that while the numbers look big and scary here (and they still are for people importing) they are priced normally there. It isn't that games are more expensive in Japan, everything costs a bit more in Japan (expect in my experiencing, housing. It was cheaper there, even in Tokyo, than it is in LA). That is just the power of their currency, not a culturaly thing.

I've read somewhere that there is going to be a "kids free day". Or something, have you heard anything about that Mimas?

Well, there is supposed to be something called "Kids Time". On the main DQ site they say that the details haven't been decided yet. The certain hours of certain days would have a time that people could play for free. They won't be checking ages, but it is aimed at children.

Greeaaat... those Assassin Stabbing peckerels are holding over. Yay.

And a USB memory stick, eh? More game than the Wii can handle? :P

I have no clue what your first sentence means.

As far as USB memory, for the Beta at least, they only use the disk to install the game onto the USB memory, then they don't use the disk anymore. Considering that there are two disks for the real version, I don't know if they will install from both, but I would imagine it will be similar.

waiting for the subbed trailer

...?

Not gonna happen, so watch away.

Well, there is a fansubbed version. Kind of feels like the person somehow ran the translation through Google Translate, but nowhere is it "wrong".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tP1D3Ml_2zI

This looks amazing. Looking forward to ripping those beautiful 3D models from the Wii ISO when it releases. Hopefully they use similar model file formats to DQ Swords and Battle Road Victory.

These jerkwads.

dq9ds_monsterart_001.png

They're from IX, and I spotted them in that trailer (looked a bit greener). They like using an attack that has a chance of causing an instant kill, which is lame.

As far as USB memory, for the Beta at least, they only use the disk to install the game onto the USB memory, then they don't use the disk anymore. Considering that there are two disks for the real version, I don't know if they will install from both, but I would imagine it will be similar.

Huh... interesting. I'm afraid I don't really know the finer points of such things, so I'm going to assume this is a better way of going about it than what is normally done with the Wii's memory. But does this mean the game can be played with no disk in the system?

EDIT: Also, I had noticed before, at 2:20... is that hippo monster with the axe chasing them? Or is it WITH them?

Additionally, I think the Ogre chick pulls that rurastone thing from her cleavage :P

These jerkwads.

They're from IX, and I spotted them in that trailer (looked a bit greener). They like using an attack that has a chance of causing an instant kill, which is lame.

Oh, them! Yes, I hate when that happens!

Huh... interesting. I'm afraid I don't really know the finer points of such things, so I'm going to assume this is a better way of going about it than what is normally done with the Wii's memory. But does this mean the game can be played with no disk in the system?

EDIT: Also, I had noticed before, at 2:20... is that hippo monster with the axe chasing them? Or is it WITH them?

Additionally, I think the Ogre chick pulls that rurastone thing from her cleavage :P

I wouldn't be surprised if they require the disk to be in the system (the beta doesn't require it) as a way of preventing piracy or something.

I'm pretty sure the Hippo is chasing them, rather than with them, but you really can't tell from the video. But no monster taming feature has been mentioned, so I doubt this video would introduce a new feature like that.

Yep, the Ogre is definitely getting the stone from her clevage. I wonder where male Ogre's pull it from.

Archived