Most popular vocation

Democrobot

Most popular vocation  

43 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I actually really like the thief. Stealing items is so much fun, and it's helped me a lot. Although, some items I despise trying to steal. >,>

@DragonGaurdian - Kerplunk is pretty useless against higher level legacy bosses since you have to know a turn in advance when to use it. That pretty much means your paladin will not use it in time. Not to mention he is so slow he has like zero chance of going first. The only good thing I see about 2 paladins is that if both are alive, one takes the hits while the other chants Kerplunk.

I think if you're using that many buffs, your team is probably not good enough. With 2 tanks that really can't heal, you have 1 attacker and 1 healer and since the paladin has little attack, seems to slow the battle down way too much.

Your math is wrong somewhere, 2 Kabuffs + 2 Magic Barriers = 4 turns for 1 Paladin, not 16 turns. It does not take 8 turns to chant 2 Kabuffs unless the boss is spamming disruptive wave. If the monster is doing, that means you gotta stop buffing cause it will just waste more time. Against a high level legacy boss, I almost never use the fource buff after it's disrupted since my priest has to heal like every turn. I feel that buffing too many times against an enemy who can remove them just wastes chances of you attacking. I pretty much only use 1 buff now (the fources) and they are so great cause you only use them once rather than twice for most.

...I'm not sure WHERE the 16 is coming from. I could see it taking 4 turns to cast buff on each character on your team, but as magic barrier is the use spell for the Brain Drainer family of shields, if you're of the mind to buff like crazy, you can get up a Kabuff and 2 magic barriers on the same turn.

Oops! Yeah, you guys are right. I was thinking of Buff at the time, not Kabuff. My bad! Oh, and to the guy who mentioned my not being able to heal: my Sage acts as my healer when I combine Twocus Pocus with Multiheal. It might not sound efficient, but it keeps my HP at safe numbers. Although, embarrasing as it is to admit, the only Legacy Boss I've bothered to level up is Baramos, and he's only at level 8.

Oops! Yeah, you guys are right. I was thinking of Buff at the time, not Kabuff. My bad! Oh, and to the guy who mentioned my not being able to heal: my Sage acts as my healer when I combine Twocus Pocus with Multiheal. It might not sound efficient, but it keeps my HP at safe numbers. Although, embarrasing as it is to admit, the only Legacy Boss I've bothered to level up is Baramos, and he's only at level 8.

I've not met a Legacy Boss. Not once. Don't be too embarrassed.

Problem with Twocus Pocus is that it can be disrupted too, but you don't really need a priest for healing until level 50+ legacy bosses, depending on your team. I didn't say you didn't heal, just that paladins really can't so you needed either a priest or a sage in your party.

It just seems to me like a slow strategy to have 2 paladins. Leveling up 12 legacy bosses took forever enough with a suicidal gladiator team with one priest. It will pretty much win against any monster that is not spamming Disruptive Wave. I can see Greygnarl being a small problem cause he has that and stop attacks.

Eventually I feel the game gets to a point where the game wants you to beat monsters as fast as possible or you die a lot which is pretty much just legacy bosses. Until you get to that though, 2 paladins, a sage, and some attacker I'm guessing should be fine.

Gladiator/Paladin/Sage/Priest

Gladiator and Sage attacking, Sage healing if needed. Priest heals. Paladin uses selflessness - and dies. BUT it can be alot of fun.

I remember when fighting Corvus, his magic burst kept getting me, so I used a Paladin to soak up all the hits, then Kazing'd it.

Never got to fighting the Legacy Bosses, as I lost my game and haven't seen it since, but... oh well. :/

I like to combine the Warrior, Martial Artist, Armentalist, Ranger, Paladin, and Gladiator exclusive moves and stat boosts onto my Gladiator for a gimped-up Gladiator with the boosted stats(plus the fan mastery and magic reflecting makes for a pissed-off Malroth)

• 1 year later...

i voted for mage priest and ranger

but i like the thief and warrior one too

i havent had ranger yet but i saw some stuff of it and its pretty cool

besides, bow and Arrow, whats not epic about that

• 2 weeks later...

I mastered Martial Artist, Paladin, Warrior, Thief, and Gladiator for my hero. Even at level one, he can kick butt.

• 1 month later...

I'm going to say paladin because I enjoy being nigh invincible. Farm and feed a paladin some strength and deftness seeds and the class is virtually broken.

Most of the time I run around with two gladiators and a sage to form a nasty squad that all but the dumbest high level grotto enemies run from. Or sometimes they do the freeze and vibrate animation that I like to think of as them soiling themselves.

I personally like Gladiators. One option my wife used was: have the gladiator master bows, shields, the paladin perks, guts (and any other strength boosting skills from, say warrior), then stick him in the back row. He is essentially untouchable, and very deadly.

You can do the same with a martial artist. I like gladiators, but must concede that MAs offer the agility and critical hits chance. They are probably a more deadly class in that regard.

Another option is do the above combo with a paladin. They are already tanks, and if your tank is in the back row, you can really benefit having them be alive with high HP when your need to use Forbearance. 

SOme say Priest is not great for Paladins, but if you want a backup healer to accompany a sage, this could be fantastic.

Nice thing about DQ9 is the many options you can assemble into making a nasty character. If we did multiplayer and I showed up with a martial artist that was set up like the above, I'm sure you folks would enjoy my presence.

As for why I like gladiators- that's probably my male ego :)

I have a soft spot for Martial Artist. They're fast and strong, and not too costy in equipment. Early on, they're pretty great.

Sage are always usefull, as are Paladin.

I also kinda like Thief. Stealing is always great (In video games, obviously). 

Am I the only person who likes Luminary? Luminary is a really fun vocation. And all those skills you can use. Such fun!

I have a soft spot for Martial Artist. They're fast and strong, and not too costy in equipment. Early on, they're pretty great.

Sage are always usefull, as are Paladin.

I also kinda like Thief. Stealing is always great (In video games, obviously).

Yeah, my martial artist got me through a lot of early hours! And with so much equipment you can buy in this game, they helped defray costs.

Ummm, why isn't stealing great in real life? I mean free stuff rocks!

(again, NSA, it's a joke!)

I don't know well about the classes because I just started to test them all but in my opinion paladin (invincibility) and gladiator (damage! damage!) are great. Sage seems ok...

I didn't level up luminary, armamentalist and Martial artist yet.

I have 1 character of each class, as I like having a little variety.

My MC, however mains Minstrel. During Legacy boss battles, I'll switch him to Gladiator.

Archived