Sign in to follow this  
PantheonSasuke

Dragon Quest X News Thread

No, but there was a RESOUNDING cry that the US version wouldn't have a subscription fee, and some of ya'll used a VERY poor example why.

Baramos, we'll likely be getting DQX, as we've been getting all the other flagship titles. Trust me, if we got Joker 2, we'll certainly get DQX.

:( :(

Nothing's a certainty till it's on store shelves. It wouldn't be the first letdown in the stateside history of the series.

I'm really not trying to argue or be a jerk, just sayin'. ;)

Everytime I open up DQ7 and see that ad for IV I cry a little. :'(

Not sure if this has been posted or not, but Andriasang has some interesting info regarding alchemy. I guess there will be an alchemy jar and alchemy lamp. The alchemy jar is for adding attack properties to your weapons like "Attack Strength Up", whereas the lamp can be used to add magic effects to weapons (like sleep-hit and the like).

Here is the article.

Hm... sounds cool. Nice that you can acquire some skills that'll make the roulette mechanic less stupid, but I can still see hours spent acquiring a rare ingredient for the process being wasted when bad luck strikes, regardless of how much you improve your odds.

Really, now, does anyone find that fun? :P

Nice find, KZ. If this has been posted somewhere else, I haven't noticed, yo.

Pre-orders are open at NCSX for the Japanese version. I haven't posted for a long time since life has been so busy, but I thought of y'all this morning when I saw this. Exciting!

http://ncsx.blogspot...itsutsu-no.html

Hm... spiffy. I know there are some here that plan on importing the game, so this might prove handy, yo. This offer seems to be the standard one (ie, not bundled with USB data stick and teeny sanguini hat code).

I think the boxart for the game is going to be unveiled this coming Monday. At least Paopaoworks twitter points towards that.

'DQ10パッケージイラストã€æ¥ã‚‹ï¼ï¼ã‚„ã£ã¨ãƒ†ãƒ³ã‚·ãƒ§ãƒ³ä¸ŠãŒã£ã¦ããŸãƒ¼ï¼ï¼ž'

Wait... is this the usual sarcasm? :P Or is the cover art that bit in the lower right? If so, we might be getting our first glimpse of the game's villain here. Mind, given the way the games and stories have worked before we might think it's the villain, but then it turns out that something else is pulling the strings.

The rest of the stuff there seems to have a lot to do with the Weddie.

Yeah, the cover art is the thing on the lower right.

In other news, HORI has announced a DQ themed USB 16GB stick that will come out the same day as the game.

img01.jpg

You get a code for a Drakey shirt with it.

img03.jpg

2,480 yen (with tax. 2,362 yen without)

Little plain for my tastes, so I don't know if I will get it or not. I expect there will be a lot of outside items that you can buy that give you codes for in game items, and I don't plan on trying to get them all. Especially since your character has a limited inventory, and at least in the beta the "bank" (its not called that in this game though) has a limit as well (though you likely can get a larger limit as the game progresses).

Oh, forgot to mention that V-Jump with the package art is also supposed to have information about the start of the story, and the starting stories at the various different continents. I'll try and pick it up this weekend if I can (besides getting back to translation).

I saw that USB stick a bit ago and I really want it. If I can find it easily online, I'll probably do it! It has a slime AND a dracky on it... can't help myself.

Yeah those in-game shirts look really ugly. Can't say I feel bad for missing out on 'em. Doubt they have any major stat advantages either. Any gameplay videos from the preview events?

I think the glasses look the best.

According to the Official Site indeed they all have the same stats, but its looks like the Chimera shirt at Lawwson's comes with a "New Adventurer Set" that which contains:

3 Herbs, 3 Magic Bottles (Recover 10 MP), Genki Dama (Spirit Bomb-Item that increases the experience and gold gained in battle for a limited amount of time.)

I saw that USB stick a bit ago and I really want it. If I can find it easily online, I'll probably do it! It has a slime AND a dracky on it... can't help myself.

Yeah, the news was about a week old, but noone seemed to have gotten around to posting it here when I got back. I expect we will see a lot more Draky based stuff this game since they use them to "fly in" announcements at the top of the screen. Like friend requests, and when a patch needs to be installed.

img03.jpg

So I expect we will be seeing more goods with them this game. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mimas

Ahaha, I like the Lv. 16 on the flash drive :P

And I can see those shirts maybe working in real life... but they don't look as good on the in-game characters. Maybe if they came in black? :P Or at least didn't have a colored square plastered behind the sprite. The glasses are spiffy, yo.

And hey, that's what those Spirit Bombs do? Increase the experience and gold gain for a short while? Not summon the collective energies of a world or two into a massive sphere of destruction?

• Upvote 1

The Official website updated with the flow of the start of the game.

Required: DQX Game Disc, USB Memory

Recommended: Classic Controller Pro, USB Keyboard.

The game disc installs onto the USB memory and adds a DQX channel to the Wii.

At the start of the game you choose what your character and your sibling looks like.

Disaster befalls your hometown and you find yourself in a mysterious shrine.

There you design your character again choosing from the tribes, and choosing your starting job.

From here on the internet is required.

You will need a Square Enix account, although they also plan on having something called a "Mini Account" that you can use for the game that doesn't require an email address to set up. But at the same time, part of the story with your sibling can somehow still be played, although they aren't releasing the details about that yet.

The game then starts with on the continent of the race you choose, and each continent has its own story.

Eventually you can travel to other continents and solve their stories as well.

@Mimas Do you take the can still be played offline bit to be a reconfirmation of what we already know. or is it alluding to an experience that runs alongside the online portion of the game?

To me it sounds like something that runs alongside with the game. They show a picture of you and your sibling fighting monsters for that section. I have no clue how that would work though since the save data for the online part is all on the server.

Perhaps it's a weekly challenge type of thing, based on the human continent?

I think it's something alluded to earlier, the "pre-game", as it were. You only play it offline a short time. Mimas, didn't you say that eventually you could turn back into a human, though?

And a Square Enix account sounds like the game will have a monthly fee. :) It's good Square Enix is controlling that part of it, it will be a lot easier to keep in touch with friends that way.

I dunno, I read some other stuff around the net too and I concur with Mimas. It sounds like something else that you play alongside the online mode

z8wf8.gif

ae416912d7922e198f89800b8efac0097f4e92fa.jpg

7c118ab2b60db191adad1c80d2b36992d201a5d7.jpg

tributetwo4eooo.gif

Edited by Dwaine
  • Upvote 1

So the USB memory looks the same as the one they sent out for the Beta. Oh well, I guess I'll just get the normal version then. Maybe get the themed USB, but it somehow doesn't call to me.