Sign in to follow this  
PantheonSasuke

Dragon Quest X News Thread

MMO fee of 1000 yen per month. Gonna skip this one I guess. Also they are using an external USB drive to store the game at around 16G. Finally using that at the end of the Wii's cycle.

Well you get 100 yen off and only pay 2900 yen (at 100 yen to a dollar $29) for 90 days. Also, sine there is a 1 yen= 1 Wii point equivallence, if you can get Japanese Wii points for cheap than you can manage to discount the cost of the game.

Also worth mentioning that the release date is a Thursday.

Edit: Added the information and the trailer to the front page since Woodus hasn't been on the last few days.

Edited by Mimas

Anything been mentioned about just how much is going to be playable offline? I wasted a dozen years of my life playing EQ/DDO ... I am not interested in any sort of MMO ever again. I want to see this game but if its only a few minutes of offline play, I may not be persuaded to buy it.

So, I'll go ahead and predict right now: the Wii version will never make it out of Japan. It's Wii U or bust at this point.

So, I'll go ahead and predict right now: the Wii version will never make it out of Japan. It's Wii U or bust at this point.

I'm going to have to agree, unless they intend to lower the price and drop the sub fee, I doubt the WIi version will get very many sales over here.

I TOLD YOU GUYS THAT IT WOULD HAVE A MONTHLY FEE.

But did anyone listen? NOOOO. You mentioned MONSTER HUNTER being free, a LAUGHABLE comparison that isn't even a MMORPG.

My intuition, if Square-Enix has any sayso in its release, is this.

Game - $75 - Includes a DQ-branded thumb drive for the games content to go on. It will come with 30 days free, and it will cost $10 a month thereafter, hopefully with a subscription-based option like Square Enix's other MMORPG offerings. There will be plenty of advertising, as it will be a MMORPG, and they do not want it to become FF14 all over again. There will only be a Wii U offering in the US. The Wii itself still seems REALLY restricting in my eyes, and it would require a massive update for the Wii to handle a MMORPG offering. MMOs include patches, having direct access to storage space, etc, and Nintendo doesn't even like to release DLC.

The Sage has spoken.

But did anyone listen? NOOOO. You mentioned MONSTER HUNTER being free, a LAUGHABLE comparison that isn't even a MMORPG.

My intuition, if Square-Enix has any sayso in its release, is this.

Game - $75 - Includes a DQ-branded thumb drive for the games content to go on. It will come with 30 days free, and it will cost $10 a month thereafter, hopefully with a subscription-based option like Square Enix's other MMORPG offerings. There will be plenty of advertising, as it will be a MMORPG, and they do not want it to become FF14 all over again. There will only be a Wii U offering in the US. The Wii itself still seems REALLY restricting in my eyes, and it would require a massive update for the Wii to handle a MMORPG offering. MMOs include patches, having direct access to storage space, etc, and Nintendo doesn't even like to release DLC.

The Sage has spoken.

Not saying you aren't right but uh, we were talking about America, all this info is from the Japanese version.

I'm pretty sure this still has to do with the Japanese release, which I recall having a confirmed fee from the start. Additionally, I remember hearing that Monster Hunter also had a fee in Japan, but they removed that in the US to increase sales. So you might not want to go flying off the handle just yet, since I don't think this news has much to do with a US release.

They will have to have money to keep the servers going in the US. This a MMORPG.

It won't be $12 a month due to currency values, but I realistically see it being $10 a month or the equivilant Nintendo Points per month.

They will have to have money to keep the servers going in the US. This a MMORPG.

It won't be $12 a month due to currency values, but I realistically see it being $10 a month or the equivilant Nintendo Points per month.

Also, just because Monster Hunter wasn't an MMO doesn't mean it didn't have servers that needed to be funded. And those are STILL up, so...yeah.

And Capcom is losing money on them.

That new trailer looked pretty awesome. Loved the cinematics

I hope this game sets a precedent of an MMO with actual fun fighting gameplay mechanics. I absolutely hate the point and click gameplay of the general mmorpg.

Actually, its Nintendo that is handling the servers in the US, just like they'd probably be handling DQX's servers, since they're more than likely to publish it here.

I'm down for this. I've played Final Fantasy XI on and off for years and the 12$/month never killed me. I'm game for the combat in that trailer!

Aw, poor Capcom. However will they make the money back?!

Didn't we have this argument like, 2 months ago? We're talking about the Japanese release right now, not a potential US one. Drop it.

The 26th Dragon Quest Family concert, August 23 will perform music from Dragon Quest X. Tickets will go on sale May 12th.

I won't drop it because I have been proven right, and I will be further proven right when it comes to the US.

Congrats bro. You were proven right about something we knew all along because they said japan would have subscription fees when they announced the game. No one EVER disagreed with you about that.

I won't drop it because I have been proven right, and I will be further proven right when it comes to the US.

IF it comes to the US. Nintendo had a hard time deciding to release Xenoblade and Last Story over here; publishing the MMO of another company that comes from a barely known RPG series (Stateside) is NOT a guaranteed thing. :(

No, but there was a RESOUNDING cry that the US version wouldn't have a subscription fee, and some of ya'll used a VERY poor example why.

Baramos, we'll likely be getting DQX, as we've been getting all the other flagship titles. Trust me, if we got Joker 2, we'll certainly get DQX.

No, but there was a RESOUNDING cry that the US version wouldn't have a subscription fee, and some of ya'll used a VERY poor example why.

Baramos, we'll likely be getting DQX, as we've been getting all the other flagship titles. Trust me, if we got Joker 2, we'll certainly get DQX.

:( :(

Dragon Warrior IV PS1

Nothing's a certainty till it's on store shelves. It wouldn't be the first letdown in the stateside history of the series.

I'm really not trying to argue or be a jerk, just sayin'. ;)

@ mhollan3

You aren't making much sense, and you also don't seem to have much a point or basis to your opinion than just, well...opinion. I'd suggest quitting while you're ahead.

Edited by ss14hero

I would think it's more likely that the game wouldn't get released over here instead of it being free over here.

I think LordBaramos is right though, it's certainly not a guarantee to come out. The monthly fees alone would curtail a lot of people to buying it. Making it free would be nice, but that will cause a problem for Nintendo of America if it doesn't sell well here.