Sign in to follow this  
PantheonSasuke

Dragon Quest X News Thread

So apparently there's a surprise Nintendo Direct tomorrow.  It's apparently going to be a big one, too, since they're updating the eShop for it.  I'm wondering if maybe they'll release Pokemon X / Y early.

I don't know of any announcements it could be, but hey, maybe they'll mention DQ in some fashion?

Don't be optimistic. We would've seen media on DQM3DS or DQ7 in some form if there was going to be a magic christmas release.

We'll get DQ7 next year likely, and if we get Terry, it will be spring or summer 2014. And that is a major if.

Nintendo wouldn't allow a Pokemon competitor to release so soon after X/Y. 

I finally received my copy!

Auto-translated Crysta-prices:

Screenshot%20-%2030_09%20028.png

1 Crysta is 1 Yen.

I guess this is all the confirmation we need. Crysta is officially a subscription-payment option in the PC version of DQX :)

Edited by Flute_Warrior

http://cache.hiroba.dqx.jp/dq_resource/imgs/TopicsImages/386_005.jpg

386_005.jpg

So does this mean the server has been pulled down for service? I finally figured out how to use the IME (almost) completely, got a VPN, installed and updated the game, registered it... and the server is down. LOL

Edited by Knightcrawler

Eh, sorry. The kanji take forever to look up and it seemed at first I couldn't start the game. Just did start it a few minutes ago, though. I'll get better. :)

I received another email from Square Enix about a questionnaire. If you complete it, you get 3 "Energy orbs" to use in the full version, which I am not sure what they are for. I would complete the survey, but some fields require you to input text.

http://cache.hiroba.dqx.jp/dq_resource/imgs/TopicsImages/386_005.jpg

386_005.jpg

So does this mean the server has been pulled down for service? I finally figured out how to use the IME (almost) completely, got a VPN, installed and updated the game, registered it... and the server is down. LOL

Isn't that a new character transfer feature? Like, transfer characters from one Square Enix account to another? 

Edited by Flute_Warrior

Energy Orbs are almost certainly the Genki Time items.

Genki Dama, which can be translated as "Spirit Ball" or "Energetic Ball."

That wallpaper reminds me quite a bit of some DBZ promotional art.

And, in terms of an English translation, we'll need some translators first before we can start on anything! :D

Im just surprised, I was thinking tons of people would jump in on translating DQX, and at least have menus done by now.  Is the fanbase really that small?

I didn't even know something like that was possible. I figured when the game connects to the SE servers it would overwrite any kind of patch.

I'd be willing to bet it's not possible.

They'd be very stupid to not have implemented a CRC, size/date check on every file in a lookup table.

This means any patch would need to make sure that the files don't change size or date of the file.

That'd be pretty difficult and probably not worth it considering Square-Enix said that a western release was coming.

• Upvote 1

That's what I figured too. You'd have to apply the patch every time the game updates, and even then they might be able to detect it. I thought maybe you could use a hacked launcher to play without updating, but even if you could still connect with a different version there might be glitches caused by server/client inconsistencies.

They'd be very stupid to not have implemented a CRC, size/date check on every file in a lookup table.

This means any patch would need to make sure that the files don't change size or date of the file.

That'd be pretty difficult and probably not worth it considering Square-Enix said that a western release was coming.

Western release? Yay/when/what will change?

They actually said it would release "outside Japan", which could mean other Asian countries. No Western release has been announced officially.

Also the menu's change with every major (and sometimes minor) update. It's a difficult, moving target.

Sighs....honestly? If I dont see any real news of a western release soon, say 6 months from now, ima probably try to learn to read and write the language.  Im deciding what reading material or software programs would be best to learn to read and write whatever the most used written alphabet they use in their games.

Taking previous Wii hacking knowledge, it isn't impossible to create a patch even with server data checks. For example, the original english patch for Fatal Frame 4 (wii) was an "on-the-fly" patch, meaning nothing was patched until after data was loaded onto the Wii RAM. Once there, the patch would load onto loaded memory from an SD card. That way, the game runs like normal without it being aware a patch was there to begin with.

This would only work with pre-loaded data, and not all data gets loaded onto RAM. I am also not too familiar with online games like MMOs, but I would assume the platform eventually calls forth data to be loaded onto RAM, which can possibly be patched with the on-the-fly method. Honestly, too much of a hassle for a game that is constantly updating and shifting.

What I would be interested in is modding the launcher on PC so it doesn't need to check with the servers just to play offline. To play offline, you MUST have an internet connection just to check with the servers beforehand.

I wasn't much into Final Fantasy, but with the current DQX-FFXIV crossover, I've been doing some serious reconsideration. I hope the same is said about Dragon Quest.

ffdqcross13.jpg

Looks like something new for my Ultimate geared Paladin to tank.  Likely ill end up tanking all three at the same time, fates can be easy. Ill make a video of it to post on the den when it happens.