Sign in to follow this  
PantheonSasuke

Dragon Quest X News Thread

Similar to the last one. Norton pops up blocking an intrusion with a name that sounds like a fake ad/phishing scheme/Trojan, with the source being identified as an IP through the VPN.

Could you probably take a screenshot when it happens? Malwarebytes (in my case) tends to block traffic from unknown or suspicious IP addresses, but it doesn't necessarily mean it is an attack. It is what I like to call "panic" mode, where antivirus and other security programs go way over the top to prevent possible security breaches.

In the end, with computers, practically anything is possible so if you can get a screenshot or write down the attack/virus/trojan name and/or IP address that was sending an "attack", I might be able to identify where it's coming from. 

Oh, and make sure you have the latest Softether updates for both the VPN Client and the VPN Gate Plug-in. 

Edited by Flute_Warrior

Thank you for ordering with AmiAmi.

Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, we were unable to secure your 
order, and will not be able to offer this item to you at this time. 

1 x PC Software Dragon Quest X: Mezameshi Itsutsu no Shuzoku Online

Please accept our sincere apologies for this inconvenience. 

If you have any questions regarding this order, please feel free to contact 
us. 
Again, thanks for your business! 

A pre-order a month in advance wasn't good enough. Time to order from Play-Asia  }|

Flute-Warrior.  Let me know if you are going to order more than $60 worth from Play-Asia.  I have a coupon good for $5 off but it only works if the order is above $60.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the offer, that is very nice of you  ^^

I wasn't going to get faster shipping, but with the discount, I might as well get it. The FedEx shipping is about $14, so it is a little over $60 total for DQX. So yeah, I will gladly take your offer. Thank you very much Cranberry!

Also, does anyone know if I install DQX on my laptop, would I somehow be able to transfer the [installed] game onto another PC, like just transfer all the file folders to the new PC? Or is the game specifically tied to the PC you register/install it on? In that case, I would still have to hold off playing it until I get the materials for a new desktop, since I don't want my DQX stuck to a low-end laptop.

I assume your copy will be linked to your Square-Enix account, but of course I can't tell for sure.

What I'm certain about: You won't have to move any files! There's one thing I remember from the beta... When I logged in on another PC, even my offline character was transferred automatically! So all you need to do is to log in with your SE-account.

So far as I can tell from the order page, you can buy the download client via Crysta... but it is asking for name/address information above that. I can't tell if it doesn't need the contact info if you use Crysta without loading Crysta into my account... Without using the VPN it wasn't allowing me to add it to the cart at all.

Might just order physical from play-asia at this point :( Will take one last look at it tomorrow.

@RagingAvatar: You paid with Japanese Crysta before, correct? While registering for Crysta you had to tell them your address, which, of course, must be situated in Japan. When I registered for Crysta I chose an address for some hotel in Osaka...

Now I'm wondering. Are you sure they don't send some snail mail every now and then? If they do, it could get returned to the sender which could cause the account to get blocked...

What do you think? And did you enter some random address too?

When paying with Crysta this is what I did:

I bought Webmoney using http://www.sutowebmoney.com/

Then I went to the Square-Enix account management website and bought Crysta using Webmoney (you can only do this on the Japanese S-E account page not a UK/US one.)

Then I have a positive Crysta balance.

Then when I log into the eStore it shows my Crysta balance and I could purchase products.

guys please need your nickname and ID number for DQ X to add you lol

When paying with Crysta this is what I did:

I bought Webmoney using http://www.sutowebmoney.com/

Then I went to the Square-Enix account management website and bought Crysta using Webmoney (you can only do this on the Japanese S-E account page not a UK/US one.)

Then I have a positive Crysta balance.

Then when I log into the eStore it shows my Crysta balance and I could purchase products.

Thanks, but that's not what I meant ^^. I'll use screenshots from my beta guide, so don't be confused by the German translations ;).

After creating your Japanese Square-Enix account, you are asked if you want to register for Crysta too:

10.png

Then you'll be forwarded to a 4th step...

11.png

...where you have to enter your address:

14.png

15.png

With the 5th step you complete your Crysta registration:

16.png

I don't think you can use Crysta without step 4 and step 5 of the registration process. So how did you solve that problem?

EDIT: I've changed what I was going to do. Let me say this; there are many ways to get a valid Japanese address or perhaps even just using an existing address in Japan.

Personally, I opted for a different solution as I don't lie or defraud and I didn't feel comfortable using another's address.

Edited by RagingAvatar

So I got a code for what seems to be some kind of hat for doing the PC Beta, did anyone else get something?

This was what the item was, anybody translate

「メイジドラキー帽子」

Google translate turns it into Meiji Dorakey Hat, is that Magic Drakee Hat?

Well, it does translate to Mage Drakee Hat. Does everyone from the beta get one?

Flute-Warrior, I'm not sure if it will work towards shipping costs.  They usually only apply towards the base purchase price.  I'll send you the code nonetheless though.

Woodus, does this answer your question?

a1835dc84ca8a175df6980fb222664f10c3856b.

The funny thing is that I registered the beta solely so that I could follow along with a friend that was attempting to set it up.  I never actually went online with the PC beta, but just because I registered it I still got a code!

Edited by Cranberry

Cool, thanks for showing, I was wondering what it would look like :)

EDIT: I've changed what I was going to do. Let me say this; there are many ways to get a valid Japanese address or perhaps even just using an existing address in Japan.

Personally, I opted for a different solution as I don't lie or defraud and I didn't feel comfortable using another's address.

Mh, so you have a way which is neither using an existing address nor making one up that doesn't exist? icon_confused.gif

I have seriously no idea how I could get an own and valid address In Japan (besides renting an apartment :D), so I guess I have to stick to the hotel's address, if I want to use Crysta. I hope they never send snail mails. :-/

I also got a code for the Mage Dracky hat  :overjoyed2:

I assume your copy will be linked to your Square-Enix account, but of course I can't tell for sure.

What I'm certain about: You won't have to move any files! There's one thing I remember from the beta... When I logged in on another PC, even my offline character was transferred automatically! So all you need to do is to log in with your SE-account.

Sounds about right. It's just that sometimes I can be a worrywart  :ga_rolleyes:

Mh, so you have a way which is neither using an existing address nor making one up that doesn't exist? icon_confused.gif

I have seriously no idea how I could get an own and valid address In Japan (besides renting an apartment :D), so I guess I have to stick to the hotel's address, if I want to use Crysta. I hope they never send snail mails. :-/

I am thinking something along the lines of a P.O. Box or something like that.

So apparently there's a surprise Nintendo Direct tomorrow.  It's apparently going to be a big one, too, since they're updating the eShop for it.  I'm wondering if maybe they'll release Pokemon X / Y early.

I don't know of any announcements it could be, but hey, maybe they'll mention DQ in some fashion?

• Upvote 1

So apparently there's a surprise Nintendo Direct tomorrow.  It's apparently going to be a big one, too, since they're updating the eShop for it.  I'm wondering if maybe they'll release Pokemon X / Y early.

I don't know of any announcements it could be, but hey, maybe they'll mention DQ in some fashion?

It's going to focus on games that are coming out before the end of the year. 

Wishful thinking on that early pokemon release. It's only two weeks away!

Perfect timing for a DQM:TW Christmas release!

I finally received my copy!

Auto-translated Crysta-prices:

Screenshot%20-%2030_09%20028.png

1 Crysta is 1 Yen.

• Upvote 1

I managed to get the download client of the windows version yesterday. It was a bit of a pain and most of it had to download over the VPN which took forever. Bought it directly with WebMoney instead of going via crysta first.

It's a bit scary at a few points: They send you the download code via e-mail, but so far as I could read from the terms there's no way to *re-send* the code if the mail fails to get to you. Also the "downloads" tab under my account didn't link back to the download client, but luckily I'd saved the url from the end of the purchase process and that worked.

It downloads an initial 2G file via akamai netsomething client which requires the VPN. Then it seems to grab the rest of the content via the autopatcher, which may not require the VPN. Took me over 7 hours total for the downloads. Either the VPN got congested as the day went on or I got rate limited :/

Probably the same issues in buying Crysta (name/address/etc) had to be dealt with.