Sign in to follow this  
PantheonSasuke

Dragon Quest X News Thread

Me too. I had time to play games, but not to try to find my way around in an RPG in another language. I didn't even get as far in the demo as I did in the beta.

Bad news. I just tried to buy the new expansion from the Square-Enix eStore. They're no longer accepting Crysta for some items.

This might not be the same for downloadable games.. but.. perhaps they're onto us?

I thought Square-Enix didn't really care about the fact that a small amount of westerners were playing this.. but this has made me think again..

That's a bummer... I really hope it won't affect the monthly payment.

Welcome everyone to the final 24 hours of the PC Trial.  The trial ends on 9/25/2013 at 23:59, right before midnight.  Japan is UTC + 9.

Converted to Pacific Time, that's 9/25/2013 at 7:59 AM.

At the time of this post, there are about 22 hours left of the trial.  After that, it'll be time to purchase the full game if you want to keep playing.

I hope you've all enjoyed the trial.  I've spent some time with a number of you.  I do hope you'll pick up the full game and stay with it!

Don't forget that the full game also features the extended offline campaign, which thus far has been unavailable to PC players!

My game is currently being packed and I chose a faster shipping method. I hope to receive it next week! ^^ (if customs won't keep it for a while...)

Funny how I installed the demo on release day so it was ready when I wanted to play, but I never had the time to actually play it. Guess I'll be playing once I get my PC copy, and possibly a better PC build.

Me too. I had time to play games, but not to try to find my way around in an RPG in another language. I didn't even get as far in the demo as I did in the beta.

I really enjoyed that the demo was playable 24 hours, otherwise I wouldn't have played very much either. Most evenings after work I just fell on my couch and played some hours to regain my progress of the beta. @Cranberry & Mimas: Thanks again for your great help! ;)

I've been playing together with Cranberry and got to lv 20 and managed to become a ranger. The gameplay had been pretty fun and felt so much like DQ even though it's online.

I've pretty much decided to buy it already, but I'm not sure how to buy it from SE's e-store. Can someone help me with it or is there a guide somewhere?

Right, so given you've played the demo, you already have a Japanese eShop account right?

You should be able to purchase a downloadable client from the Square-Enix Japanese eStore but the product hasn't been listed yet. The problems with that is that you need a Japanese credit card to purchase the client. In the past some of us had converted Square-Enix's Crysta currency from Webmoney (bought with a non-Japanese credit card) in order to purchase stuff, but that seems to have been rumbled by Square-Enix and has been removed as an option.

The options right now are:

1) Wait to see if a downloadable product becomes available and hopefully you can buy it with Crysta.

or

2) Order a physical boxed copy from an import shop like Play-Asia.com.

Of course, if you order the import version you may have tax fees to pay (depending on your country) and you have to wait for it to physically arrive - but it's probably the most simple in the long run.

You can get it here.

I see. One thing I do have in mind though, my laptop doesn't have a CD reader, so obviously I wouldn't be able to read the CD even if it does arrive here. Do I have to install my copy directly from the CD or will I get some kind of code that I can use to register and continue using the client I've been using for the demo?

I see. One thing I do have in mind though, my laptop doesn't have a CD reader, so obviously I wouldn't be able to read the CD even if it does arrive here. Do I have to install my copy directly from the CD or will I get some kind of code that I can use to register and continue using the client I've been using for the demo?

You will get a code that you will need to register - I doubt that you'll be able to use the existing client and just update.. but no-one knows yet.

What you could of course do is rip the DVD to an ISO and copy it to a USB stick, then mount that ISO and install from there.

It shouldn't be a problem.

Okay, thanks for the help. Just bought it from Play Asia and picked the free shipping.

Hopefully it won't take that long to arrive here in Germany...

And that's it!  The PC trial has officially ended!  A 10-hour maintenance is underway to prepare the servers for the full PC release.  When the servers comes back up in 10 hours, the full PC version will be officially live!

Edited by Cranberry

<sob> When will my physical version arrive!

Can't wait to do some proper levelling during my lunchbreak at work - the level 20 cap was killing me!

Ah crap, I was banking on the download client existing :( Didn't order the physical copy. (more quality time with my Wii...)

Have they just not listed it at all yet? Physical copies only on day 1?

So I checked the availability of DQX PC on AmiAmi and it is listed as Sold Out. I hope my pre-order (which I made last month) was able to secure a copy. I haven't received a notice of any kind and my AmiAmi account has no pending payments. Has anyone on other import sites received a payment/shipping notice? Maybe I am just being a little impatient :)

Oh and is the demo/trial supposed to not work anymore? Specifically the offline mode? I know the online is gone, but I haven't closed the launcher since yesterday that I started playing a bit, and I can still access offline. If the offline is still playable even after the demo ended, then I shouldn't have a problem closing the launcher :P

What's the verdict on Crysta?

Sorry, I haven't seen any concrete information for the monthly payments yet, but more likely than not it should allow Crysta.

Edited by Flute_Warrior

I have received a shipping notification from Play-Asia, and in fact I got an automated call from the shipping company indicating it will arrive tomorrow (I ordered express shipping).

The game isn't actually for me, I've bought it for a friend so I won't actually be playing on the PC version.  But aye, Play-Asia has shipped it, and as far as I know they still have it in stock.

I don't know if the trial can still work offline. I've launched it, but it has a bunch of updating to do before I can even try and access offline on the launcher.

I could still access the offline mode. Can't continue the one you already have, but still can make new characters,

Just so you guys know that it's already the 26th so the PC version might be out now, hopefully the sales figures over there might be impressive enough to get a US release.

My game is scheduled to arrive Friday, I wonder if that'll work ^^.

That's all we know so far:

Could this be our confirmation that we can pay the monthly fee of the Windows version with Crysta?

■決済方法

アストルティア入国管ç†å±€ã§ã¯ä»¥ä¸‹ã®æ±ºæ¸ˆæ–¹æ³•ã‚’é¸ã¶ã“ã¨ãŒã§ãã¾ã™ã€‚

・クレジットカード決済

・スクウェア・エニックス Crysta(クリスタ)決済

スクウェア・エニックス Crysta(クリスタ)ã®è©³ç´°ã¯ã“ã¡ã‚‰

・ææºã‚µã‚¤ãƒˆã®ã‚µãƒ¼ãƒ“ス(å„社)ã§ã®æ±ºæ¸ˆ

ææºã‚µã‚¤ãƒˆã®ãƒã‚¤ãƒ³ãƒˆã‚„サービスを利用ã—購入ã§ãるよã†ã«ãªã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚詳細ã¯9月26æ—¥ã¾ã§ãŠå¾…ã¡ãã ã•ã„。

Source: http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/c042f4db68f23406c6cecf84a7ebb0fe

Let me calculate...

1 Yen = 1 Crysta

1 Crysta = 1 WebMoney point

1 WebMoney point = 0,01178 USD / 0,008808 EUR

(if you buy WebMoney at Play-Asia)

The monthly fee of DQX's Wii and WiiU version is 1000 Yen.

So the monthly fee should be approx. 11,78 USD / 8,81 EUR for us importers. Did I get that right? ^^

Oh, and I ordered the physical version. I want this game in my shelf! :D

The PC copy of the game arrived at my home today.  To my surprise, there was no code in it for the bonus item.  I can only assume either it was specific to certain retailers, or the bonus item is tied into the registration code.

The PC release seems to require Internet even for offline mode.  You have to sign in with your account and register the product.  Since I got this for someone else, not for myself, I can't register it and go any further.  The launcher looks the same as the trial versions.

This is quite different from the Wii where you can play offline without having to ever touch the Internet or make an account.  That's a shame!  You might need a VPN even just to play offline on PC.

Someone else will have to do testing when their copy of the game arrives.  I can't register this one because it would lock out the friend I bought this for.  I only installed it on my computer thinking I could have the offline mode only here on PC without having to register it.

Edited by Cranberry

Aw man.

Looks like I won't be playing this until the game is localized (assuming it will be). I got ANOTHER attack in Softether so I uninstalled again.

The PC copy of the game arrived at my home today.  To my surprise, there was no code in it for the bonus item.  I can only assume either it was specific to certain retailers, or the bonus item is tied into the registration code.

The PC release seems to require Internet even for offline mode.  You have to sign in with your account and register the product.  Since I got this for someone else, not for myself, I can't register it and go any further.  The launcher looks the same as the trial versions.

This is quite different from the Wii where you can play offline without having to ever touch the Internet or make an account.  That's a shame!  You might need a VPN even just to play offline on PC.

Someone else will have to do testing when their copy of the game arrives.  I can't register this one because it would lock out the friend I bought this for.  I only installed it on my computer thinking I could have the offline mode only here on PC without having to register it.

Perhaps the offline mode is accessible once the game is registered?

Ahh I mean uhm... for buying the download client. Crysta or stuck with JP cc?

My game is scheduled to arrive Friday, I wonder if that'll work ^^.

That's all we know so far: