Sign in to follow this  
PantheonSasuke

Dragon Quest X News Thread

Have you guys seen the video? He was running the game on Windows Surface!!

They also give more info on the Windows version.

Edited by Vaudoug33k

Apparently a PS4 version was announced at TGS?

Nope. I haven't seen any sign of that.. Where'd you that?

Not seeing anything like that either... Must be some miscommunication?

This is the tease of the year. :( It would definitely be another selling point in the cap of the PS4 for me.

I was going to say it was during the live reactions thread on Sony's TGS thread, but it turns out that was an ad for the WiiU version of DQX.  Playing during the Sony stream.  On Twitch/Nico Nico.  

Damn Nintendo, that's HARSH.  I love it!  :)

Is there a level cap of 20 for something, I got to 20 and it won't show me now how many points until 21?

Aye, there is a level cap of 20 for the free trial.

Hey Woodus I haven't heard from you yet!  Want to team up together?  I'm eager to play with you!

I thought I responded to your PM, let me check.

We've been waiting a long time to be able to go to the human continent online.  It's kind of a disappointing video though in that it doesn't actually show any gameplay - just a cut scene that doesn't really tell us anything other than some characters seem to be linked by a bracelet or something.

Hrm... I wonder how much footage of that boat I can use...

I know this is a bit early to ask..

But am I going to need to buy multiple copies of the expansion in order to play on the various platforms that I play on? Cos that sucks if so.

For example, I know that in buying and registering the WiiU version of DQX 2.0 will add the game to my account - but if I want to play expansion features on Windows am I going to need to buy the expansion on Windows too? (Like FFXI used to make us do?) If that's the case. Just.. wow. That'd be annoying.

Thanks Cranberry for the help this weekend clearing those two quests, there is no way I was going to beat that Golem on my own :)

My pleasure Woodus.  Feel free to send a message anytime you see me online.

Thanks Cranberry for the help this weekend clearing those two quests, there is no way I was going to beat that Golem on my own :)

Could this be our confirmation that we can pay the monthly fee of the Windows version with Crysta?

■決済方法

アストルティア入国管ç†å±€ã§ã¯ä»¥ä¸‹ã®æ±ºæ¸ˆæ–¹æ³•ã‚’é¸ã¶ã“ã¨ãŒã§ãã¾ã™ã€‚

・クレジットカード決済

・スクウェア・エニックス Crysta(クリスタ)決済

スクウェア・エニックス Crysta(クリスタ)ã®è©³ç´°ã¯ã“ã¡ã‚‰

・ææºã‚µã‚¤ãƒˆã®ã‚µãƒ¼ãƒ“ス(å„社)ã§ã®æ±ºæ¸ˆ

ææºã‚µã‚¤ãƒˆã®ãƒã‚¤ãƒ³ãƒˆã‚„サービスを利用ã—購入ã§ãるよã†ã«ãªã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚詳細ã¯9月26æ—¥ã¾ã§ãŠå¾…ã¡ãã ã•ã„。

Source: http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/c042f4db68f23406c6cecf84a7ebb0fe

popped up at nintendoeverything.

http://youtu.be/-vwmxoll87o

Video removed :/

I was able to see it before it was taken down though.

Could this be our confirmation that we can pay the monthly fee of the Windows version with Crysta?

■決済方法

アストルティア入国管ç†å±€ã§ã¯ä»¥ä¸‹ã®æ±ºæ¸ˆæ–¹æ³•ã‚’é¸ã¶ã“ã¨ãŒã§ãã¾ã™ã€‚

・クレジットカード決済

・スクウェア・エニックス Crysta(クリスタ)決済

スクウェア・エニックス Crysta(クリスタ)ã®è©³ç´°ã¯ã“ã¡ã‚‰

・ææºã‚µã‚¤ãƒˆã®ã‚µãƒ¼ãƒ“ス(å„社)ã§ã®æ±ºæ¸ˆ

ææºã‚µã‚¤ãƒˆã®ãƒã‚¤ãƒ³ãƒˆã‚„サービスを利用ã—購入ã§ãるよã†ã«ãªã‚Šã¾ã™ã€‚詳細ã¯9月26æ—¥ã¾ã§ãŠå¾…ã¡ãã ã•ã„。

Source: http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/c042f4db68f23406c6cecf84a7ebb0fe

Definitely looks like Crysta is an option now. RagingAvatar was right all along :)

Crysta is the importer's friend in my mind :)

When the Wii to Wii U upgrade program was out on the Square-Enix eStore that's how I did it.

What you'll need to do is buy a load of WebMoney, convert that to Crysta and then buy the DQX Windows client from the Square-Enix eStore (Japan).

In fact, this method is the way I'll be buying the new Dragon Quest X expansion too - especially given the eStore bonus :)

http://store.jp.square-enix.com/detail/SE-E0125?fromsearch=

Let me calculate...

1 Yen = 1 Crysta

1 Crysta = 1 WebMoney point

1 WebMoney point = 0,01178 USD / 0,008808 EUR

(if you buy WebMoney at Play-Asia)

The monthly fee of DQX's Wii and WiiU version is 1000 Yen.

So the monthly fee should be approx. 11,78 USD / 8,81 EUR for us importers. Did I get that right? ^^

Oh, and I ordered the physical version. I want this game in my shelf! :D

Edited by bjaxx87

Uh... I dunno if that's right - I'm at work right now so will give it some better thought later.

I pay for my monthly fee using the Nintendo eShop on Wii U - it's a lot easier :)

Bad news. I just tried to buy the new expansion from the Square-Enix eStore. They're no longer accepting Crysta for some items.

This might not be the same for downloadable games.. but.. perhaps they're onto us?

I thought Square-Enix didn't really care about the fact that a small amount of westerners were playing this.. but this has made me think again..

Welcome everyone to the final 24 hours of the PC Trial.  The trial ends on 9/25/2013 at 23:59, right before midnight.  Japan is UTC + 9.

Converted to Pacific Time, that's 9/25/2013 at 7:59 AM.

At the time of this post, there are about 22 hours left of the trial.  After that, it'll be time to purchase the full game if you want to keep playing.

I hope you've all enjoyed the trial.  I've spent some time with a number of you.  I do hope you'll pick up the full game and stay with it!

Don't forget that the full game also features the extended offline campaign, which thus far has been unavailable to PC players!

Funny how I installed the demo on release day so it was ready when I wanted to play, but I never had the time to actually play it. Guess I'll be playing once I get my PC copy, and possibly a better PC build.