Sign in to follow this  
PantheonSasuke

Dragon Quest X News Thread

How long does the demo last, again?

I'll have to download this and play... (Thankfully I have no school on Tuesdays/Thursdays until the 30TH! Long story, but yeah, I'll have some extra free time.)

Will there be a "kids time" like on the Wii version where it's free to play for an hour or so each day after the demo's over?

Cool!

Anybody know a good VPN service/network that isn't going to get me screwed over? I'd really like to play online this time.

Will there be a "kids time" like on the Wii version where it's free to play for an hour or so each day after the demo's over?

Yes, the servers are the same for every version of the game so the same rules apply for Kid's Time.

I know you claimed that your virus protection or something detected something from SoftEther and you stopped using it, but I really have no idea what it was.  I've been using SoftEther since June without any trouble, attacks, or anything suspicious whatsoever.  I don't know what you detected, but I really don't think it was SoftEther doing anything malicious to your system.

Cool!

Anybody know a good VPN service/network that isn't going to get me screwed over? I'd really like to play online this time.

OK I reinstalled softether, hope I don't get attacked again.

Also, it just happened to disconnect right as I started up the game for the first time, I got locked out of the account until I changed the password lol.

The installer won't load for me for some reason, runs for a bit and then closes. And when I went back to download it again it says file not found.

Woodus, my advice is to fully uninstall it, and then try again ensuring that you are running it as an administrator.  It sounds to me like you got a faulty download or installation for one reason or another

I think there was something wrong with the installer I downloaded, I tried to download it again the rest of the day yesterday and it kept saying it wasn't available, now today I could re-download it and it worked. :)

Happy to hear that you have the problem fixed now Woodus.

Now the only thing left to do is join me for a game!  Come on, you know you want to!

Edited by Cranberry

Anyone who wants to add me feel free also. I can't type stuff on this computer for whatever reason.

REDACTED

Edited by Gloomy

Not in the online mode yet  :( but I'd like to join you all for a bit before the trial is over.

OK, sounds good you will have to educate me on how to do that and enter the codes. I just made it to online tonight, Lv 4 Orge

Sure Woodus

First open your main in-game menu.

Now choose

ã•ãã›ã‚“

Next choose

フレソド

In the new window that opens choose the first option.

Next choose the 2nd option.

That will open the window where you can add me.

In the upper field put:

In the bottom fields put:

Now hit the option at bottom, and say yes on the next prompt (top option) to send a friend request to me.

Go here:

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/home/

Once you log in you should be able to find the info you need about your character.

Are you still online right now?

If you tell me what server you are at, and where you are (such as Ogre home town) I can run over there and find you!

Edited by Cranberry

Do you still need to make a second SE Account to play this?  And go through the hoopla about making sure the VPN is active the first time you use it, et all?

I've not tried using my English Square-Enix account.  I just made a new one when I set up the game for the Wii.  I don't know if your English one would work but do you really want to use your English one and tip off Square-Enix that you are a foreigner trying to sneak onto DQX?  It doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

I suggest you do everything through the VPN.  You might be able to safely do the actual download of the game without the VPN, but don't try and register an account or set the game up without going through the VPN.

I downloaded and installed the game w/out a VPN. I started setting up my account w/out a VPN, but when I was having issues I got softether installed again. (Turns out issues were unrelated -- I was unknowingly not following directions, as Google Translate is not always very accurate.) Then I finished setting up my account. I don't know if you need the VPN, because you can get to the japanese site without one.

When playing the game, try to always use the same VPN server/network, as it seems they can detect when your IP jumps around even within japan, causing you to need to reset your password before logging in again. It doesn't permanently lock your account (so far at least) but it's a pain in the neck to change your password every time you want to play, especially if you have to log out for only 10 minutes or so. (I turn off the VPN when I'm not playing because I still don't trust it.)

Also, for the same reason you don't want to jump VPNs, ALWAYS REMEMBER TO JOIN THE VPN BEFORE OPENING THE LAUNCHER.

So, no steam? Just crysta?

Oh god, is the Beast Tamer class already in the game?  How does it play?   

Please god, let them just localize this, or at least let me play without having to go through a bunch of hoops...

Seriously, this game has to get localized. Im itching for another MMO and being DQ on top of it makes me super excited.