Dragon Quest X News Thread

It's killing me looking at all the posts about it. ;_;

Edit: I might be jumping the gun a bit here, but it's in English, the title. Here's what it says;

Dragon Quest X Beta Test Community

Come here to discuss anything you like about Dragon Quest X Beta Test. This community will stay open until the beta test phase ends.

M-maybe there's hope? D:

Edited by Proshall
  • Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, after jumping the gun here and being informed that what I posted wouldn't fit in here until a later time, I thought I should try starting a Mimas inferred that it might be a good idea to start a

Thanks! Though I hope you didn't feel like I was beating up on you about it. Since you mentioned not knowing where it belonged I was trying to be helpful. I've kind of wanted a thread like this for a

Yeah that encyclopedia sounds nice. Finally some Dragon Quest 7 monster artwork.   Too bad it will become out of date so quickly with all these new games releasing soon.

There is a new DQX Beta Test community on Miiverse of Japan  :)

Is it visible? Can you make comments on it?

I've been waiting for this day XD

The original, I mean. And why's that, Mike?

Oops, just saw this. Basically Japanese keyboards are weird. Plus, the little slimes fall off easily. Edited by Excitemike

There is a new DQX Beta Test community on Miiverse of Japan  :)

Is it visible? Can you make comments on it?

I've been waiting for this day XD

Yep and yep. Just go to the communities section and choose Japan from the drop-down list at the top. It's the first community that shows up.

Edit: I uh, added you on my friendslist, hope you don't mind.

The more, the merrier!

Breaking Speculation:

Someone at NeoGAF found that the 3DS eShop game that ties in with DQX now displays it's name in English when streetpassed (it had previously displayed in Japanese).

morphdebattle.jpg

Awesome, I just made a post to support DQX in the US, go give it a "yeah!" (My username is michael.nicolai)

Ah, so that was your post. I yeahed it before I even knew who's it was  :)

I'm Midenhall on there by the way, Mii's name is Jose. I'm the one who drew the slime with the 105-3102 error number. Friend request sent your way  :wd_coolslime:

"“Dragon Quest X†US Release Date: Trailer For Wii U Reveals New Glorious Gameplay "

http://www.idigitaltimes.com/articles/15838/20130308/dragon-quest-x-us-release-trailer-wii.htm

Title is COMPLETELY misleading, btw. There's still no US release date, it's just them trolling for clicks.

Curses!  That article is so friggin misleading that I got a bit excited and was like "Aw yeah!".  Turns out that there isn't a US release date and I got all happy for nothing.  God I want to play DQX so friggin bad it's not even funny at this point!

Not to get people's hopes up, but Square Enix will be announcing a Wii U game at PAX East next weekend. Linky. But a note, is that  a Deus Ex: Human Revolution extended edition was listed on an Australian ratings site recently, so it's more likely that. But we can hope!

Yeah, I have more reasons to geta wii u than just this as well. But I will probably end up waiting until it is at least announcd to release here before buying a wii u,considering I can barely afford games as is. Better to just focus on wii and ds(and some psp) games first when I find cheap copies. I'll get around to wii u and 3ds stuff when someone is able to pay back what they owe me(which might be a while).

• 1 month later...

1.4 sneak peek

http://hiroba.dqx.jp/sc/topics/detail/115f89503138416a242f40fb7d7f338e/

- Dolboard, the floating dwarven segway. Received from a quest. Fuel bought from store, 500g per 30 mins.

- Team quests and experience/level. Gain levels to unlock uniforms, etc.

- Weapon switch feature. Use multiple items at once (like 8 herbs at once). Wherever you quit the game, get automatically registered at the traveler's bar.

- Monsters sometimes drop a random quest item which you can complete and turn in for extra something.

- Costume rental shop.

- New storyline. Gakeppuchi Village destroyed.

• Upvote 1

Catching up on posting news.
Here is the wallpaper for the White Day voting results.
1024x768
1280x1024
1920x1200

Then at the end of March was the Spring Festival, which was an event in Tokyo (that they did not have enough room for all the people who tried to come).
Previously in another topic video from the event (which was also streamed through Nico Nico) showing concept movies for the development of DQX was linked to. The official write up though is here.
Up until tomorrow (4/30) you can still access the Battle Trial video from the event.
Day 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAkU7tDsKvs&list=SPCF9D21495CAB0C2F&index=1
Day 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqsKoDcJ7tk&list=SPCF9D21495CAB0C2F&index=2

I know I am giving little warning, but someone should save these videos before they go away.

They also gave out a code (and people got to play the dungeon) for a coin for the Cat Dungeon. Using the coin in an Instant Dungeon sets the boss to be a herd(?) of cats. Defeating them gives you cat whiskers that increase your speed and the chance of sneaking up on enemies.

There is also another new boss coin that has all of the three bosses from DQII attacking you at the same time.

After the even they also added in more limited time quests preparing for the story in 1.4.

They also released information on data gathered from the game. Things like the Takomet being the monster defeated the most 846,236,536 times. Of interest is that there are 252,493 gardens at the time that the data was gathered. As this is a new feature from 1.3 it gives a better idea of the number of people playing the game daily since a garden will die if it is not watered at least every other day. Though it should also be mentioned that the number of houses (or land where a house could be built owned by a character is) 401,743. That means that at least half of all the houses have a garden.

Then there was the wonderful Spring Has Come Flower Viewing in game event. Where Bella from DQV needs your help in the fairy world.
Here is a good video of the event.

If you replay the quest you get a different stronger boss.
You got a "slime tower head" for completing the quest. When wearing it if you defeated slimes you could get a "slime heart". For the second part of the event Jack from Halloween showed up again and gave you slime related items in exchange for slime hearts. You got a slime middle and a slime bottom to make the whole tower that way.

They also had a Spring Photo Contest through Twitter, and you can see the winners here.

Currently there is a "Best Dresser" contest that you can enter through the Hiroba Site.

The event Kensou posted above (thanks!) was from the Nico Nico event (and was streamed on Nico Nico). I will miss Gakeppuchi :cry:

They also recently released another report from the creators. This one mostly was on the survey results from the latest (second) survey.  But I found part of the last paragraph interesting, so here is the translation (this is by the director):

I have said it a few times so those who know know, but Fujisawa [i don't know why he is referring to himself in the third person here] was opposed to having a mainline Dragon Quest be an online game (laugh). There was a number of things that made me finally want to do it, but one of them was the thought that "Maybe I can make it a place like a theme park where those who love Dragon Quest gather."

While I was making it, that seemed like a dream, but now that the game has gone on sale it still feels like only a dream. But I feel that the dream is slowly coming true since the time that the game has gone on sale, hearing the views of everyone from the survey, and seeing everyone's faces and playing together at the "Spring Festival".

Dragon Quest IC shipped about 4,400,000 [someone can correct me, but I think that is Japan only]. I think that the number of people who played it is more than this though. Compared to that, the number of people who have played Dragon Quest X is still very small. There are some who might say "It can't be helped since it is an online game" but I don't want this to be my excuse. My goal is that all of the people who loved Draque in the past play Dragon Quest X. If this goal comes through, then in a true sense I can say that my dream of having a "Theme Park where Dragon Quest Lovers meet". Leaving my true final goal here, the developers and operation staff would like to do their best.

I have to admit, I just watched the video now, and I realized that one of my DQX friends is in the video. O_o

He actually is the first person on my friends list even.

The official DQX community now has a introduced a little diary/blog like function for the site. They also finally announced that the "coming soon" button that has been there since the site opened will be to a new page for tracking the latest diary entries by users.

• 2 weeks later...

Wii U Nintendo Direct in an hour and ten minutes! Focusing on things releasing in Spring/Summer, but you never know! (Try to not get the hopes up, though!)

Edit: Nothing good...

Edited by Proshall