Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Neofrodo

Paralysis and Sleep

Is there ANYTHING that I can equip to prevent these? Otherwise I doubt I'll be beating Corvus. He keeps putting my healer to sleep. -_-

Elfin Charms, for one, grant partial protection to all status effects. However, Lullub-eye can't be prevented.

Lullab-eye, I think it's called, always works. At least, I THINK it always works. You could throw a ton of sleep-preventing equipment on a character and I think it would still cut through and put that character to sleep. Might want your other characters to have that Sobering Slap move or a bunch of wakerobins on them if it's a constant problem, yo.

As for paralysis... might that be something the Catholican Ring raises resistance for? If not then you might want to try for a Full Moon Ring. Just keep in mind that even with all that stuff there's still a chance that you'll get paralyzed. That's something about this series that bugs me. They have plenty of things that raise resistances, but rarely have something that offers complete immunity. All you can really do is try and decrease the likelihood of that stuff happening and keep trying until your luck doesn't bite.

For Paralasis=Contra Band

For Sleep=Elfin Charm,Full Moon Ring

Talk to the Professor near the inn in Stornway.

Have a bunch of Panaceas on hand. They cure paralysis AND sleep, as well as restoring 90 HP.

*GASP* Cheirons Bow can heal everyone.....

.....FOR FREE?!

I really wish i knew that before. Would have helped ALOT.

Yeah, but Its not very strong. If you can, get a Sage's Stone. It's much better.

Yeah, but Its not very strong. If you can, get a Sage's Stone. It's much better.

Wouldn't he need an orb to make one of those, though? Something generally not obtainable until the post-game?

Yeah its not very strong. But it can be helpful in some cases. The Bow also has a nice ATK to it so its all good. :D

Note: Psh. I WISH I had a sages stone. Thief+Sages Stone would be so nice right now.

Sage's Stone does indeed need a silver orb. That's...really just not happening short of some friends to multi-play with.

Additionally, there is ONE way to resist Lullab-eye's effect, and that's by having 100 tension. (You're completely status immune at Super High Tension.)

Didn't say he didn't. I was just stating the only way to avoid the effects of Lullab-eye.