Sign in to follow this  
hawkeye77o4

DWC Demo Flaw

My haste to release a new version of the game resulted in a major flaw. I have corrected it and hopefully this version shouldn't have any major issues.

DWC Demo 2.1

Download

I hope this works smoothly for everyone. As always, I appreciate any feedback regarding any problems, typos, or overall impressions of the game.

Enjoy!

I dont know what was fixed...but the slowdown still remains. Which means I cant play far enough to find out. >_<

I dont know what was fixed...but the slowdown still remains. Which means I cant play far enough to find out. >_<

How much is it slowing down? I know there's a slight lag on the overworld cause of the size and amount of events, but I haven't heard any other comments about it being so bad that they can't play through it.

http://www.mediafire.com/?868ynep79pv2q95

I made a video showing the problems I'm having. Hopefully we can find a way around this.

Note: Sorry for the distortion in my voice. I used the wrong mic for this.

The problem isn't the size of the map. The problem is the amount of events on the map.

The castle for example, slows down in the center area because there are more events located there for the ending.

The world map becomes slower because each poison swamp tile has its own event in order to distribute the damage. In the first original demo, since the world map was only partially available, I deleted the other events on the map and that let it run smoothly. Therefore, its not a map size problem.

Now I admit, this is a problem that I am looking to correcting. Either through variables or whatever way RPG Maker has to offer. The lag is annoying. But you're the only one I've heard of having THAT much lag. How old is your computer? What are its graphic specifications? What other programs are running? How much memory is being used? I own a two year old generic Tobisha laptop with no major special graphical improvements but the lag on the overworld is very tolerable.

Anyone else having a sever lag issue????

Another quick note, I did plan out the world before I made it. :thumbsup:

Edited by hawkeye77o4

I had lag issues with my game, but I found a script that made it run way better. The only catch is you cant have scrolling maps. If you want it I can send it to you. What it does is only allows events within 4 squares off screen to update and move which means no lag!

I haven't had any lag issues, but I have an upgraded Sony Vaio laptop, so if it lagged I'd be upset :P

Edited by jamiras843

that sounds fantastic. thanks a bunch

Jamiras to the rescue! :D

My computer is somewhat new. And I can TECHNICALLY play the first demo you gave us...but nothing beyond that. >0

Edited by Tesla

I haven't had a chance to play yet, but have you tried using a seperate map for the ending to avoid lag in the castle? That's what I would do, because it also makes the eventing a lot simpler.

I haven't had a chance to play yet, but have you tried using a seperate map for the ending to avoid lag in the castle? That's what I would do, because it also makes the eventing a lot simpler.

That's a pretty good idea. I just might do that.

Finally got a chance to try this out. The computer I'm using isn't a great one, but it usually runs VX games fine. I, however, am also experiencing lag/slowdowns on the world map. I would take a look into that script Jamirus was talking about unless you have a boat in the game.

Jamiras' script worked like a charm. Here is a lag free version!

http://www.mediafire...yv4vi4bg9laq039

Thank you Jamiras!!!

Edited by hawkeye77o4

Haha not my script, credit goes to Atoa and his legacy script. I had to find it because well if his game didn't lag on my computer and mine did... well mine would be super laggy on you guy's lol