That is incredibly awesome.  As a former Doom nerd and current DQ nerd, this is just something I never expected to see.  Perhaps the "holiest" of the heavenly brides taking on the legions of hell.  Dwaine said it best: "Glorious!"

• Upvote 1

Speaking of that, it would be interesting to reskin the old doom with DQ graphics :)

those picture are awsome good work

gallery_6597_37_364126.png

New image >.>

*sniffle*  That's my girl.  *sniffle*

This, and the Flora vs. Doom are unmatched in pure excellence.  Heck, I'd love to see both MK and Doom skinned with DQ models.

gallery_6597_37_1735111.png

New image off the presses. However this one above is a mere sample in that although there's three poses on this work, there's a total off 44 different combinations among them. Going to http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=medium&illust_id=44181203 and clicking the image will let you cycle through them all. I have no desire to post every single combination here because I'm sure it'll flood the topic in some manner and get annoying. <.<

But to clarify what weapons are what: one is DQ's Flail of Destruction, another is the Witch King's Flail, and the last two are the Chain Chomp from the Mario series and a spiky-counterpart. :P

I think the chomp one would be the most powerful one. An indestructible weapon capable of destroying anything.

I think the chomp one would be the most powerful one. An indestructible weapon capable of destroying anything.

Paradox: Could it destroy itself?

Anything it can get its mouth on. It could destroy its own chain. :)

Anything it can get its mouth on. It could destroy its own chain. :)

But wait, isn't that indestructible!?

Nope. The weapon is only the chomp.

That seems silly. It's like indestructible Achilles standing on weak ankles. I guess the chain in the kryptonite in this situation.

The chain lets the chomp know when its attacks are supposed to be held back. A chomp without its chain would actually be a more dangerous weapon

The chain lets the chomp know when its attacks are supposed to be held back. A chomp without its chain would actually be a more dangerous weapon

That's very much the truth!

Why doesn't the chomp just chomp its own chain?

It may be comfortable wearing it, since it provides boundaries. Being let free tells it that time has come to go all out.

Or it could be like with elephants. Being more than able to get free does not mean they realize they can.

And let us go back to talking about the pictures, man. :D

gallery_6597_37_1735111.png

I'd imagine that weapon to be very heavy. And on that note, I cannot imagine that would be easy for her to swing around without other things swinging around. Out shopping for bras with my wife (who has some large breasts) I know support is of the upmost importance. And I can't imagine that outfit is very supportive.

Awesome drawings though!

awesome art, man!

gallery_6597_37_736113.png

BTW, I think Lady Lora wanted to say hai. :P

• Upvote 2

"Please, wait. I wish to go with thee on thy journey. May I travel as thy companion?"

"Yes!":

"But thou mu... wait what?"

"Please, wait. I wish to go with thee on thy journey. May I travel as thy companion?"

"Yes!":

"But thou mu... wait what?"

Heh, my sentiments exactly.

Horii...make it happen, Lora joins the Hero as a duo in the next remake!

I really like this thread topic!  A lot of very interesting things and beautiful art work.

Okay so update tyme. >.>

Commissioned these from Sir Megaman about a month ago, and just remembered I should probably put them up:

gallery_6597_37_1067670.png

Above is an OC for my DQ5 project named Barrell Kingstone. A veteran and chief guard for the Briscoletti family, Barrell has been around since Rodrigo was a young teenager and was even one of his personal guardians. Still working in the guard/security business as of the game's timeframe, he has grown considerably strong, having his own personal Cautery Sword with some customizations to it even. He shows up from time to time in Gen 2 and a bit in 3, but his true role in things has yet to be revealed, for reasons. :P

gallery_6597_37_728720.png

This guy is another OC character by the name of Rancillian "Romulo" Jederickson. He's a distant descendant of a distant fortunetelling heroine of past times, although from a different branch of the family than Cleohatra/Isis, so they are not really aware of each other's existence. A bit of a rambunctious lad, he has been on his own out-of-this-world adventures, and has accquired a specialized halberd won from a powerful warrior in their own right. He bares some secrets he's accquired in his past, but he has returned home in return to a 'call' of sorts to make amends with some of his old friends. How this crosses into the main timeline has yet to be revealed as well. :P

But yeah, we're not done with this topic yet, folks. More to come soon enough. :o

I didn't recognize Flora in some of those pictures. Just remembered that in Japanese animation, blue hair is supposed to be black naturally. Or something like that.

In that case... How come Flora's hair is colored blue but Debora's if colored black in-game?

That's new to me on the hair color thing. I'm only guessing it's a fictional universe, so other hair colors [like Harry/Solo/Sofia's green, or Maya/Meena's purple for example] are able to exist without any issues. :P

But yeah, enough about that. I don't want to derail the topic with that kind of discussion here. Not even sure why I felt I needed to respond to this, I think I was just a bit surprised about that note you dropped. <.<

Edited by Lord Misfit