Sign in to follow this  
Cesar Hernandez-Meraz

Dragon Quest Monsters

thats cool

...I guess I need to either play my PS version, or buy that 3DS bundle.

As per your usual, very well done.

On a somewhat related subject, I always though the battle vs TERRY? was the most interesting part of DWM, especially since it's the only real human that you fight against in the game AND the only thing you fight that you can't get on your team! Now that I've finally got to play DQ6 perhaps I should go through DWM again... I'll probably be able to appreciate it more.

I saw this on your deviantart already and faved it!

I love how the furby lookin monster (can't remember the name) kinda sits there with a brainless expression. :D

Very awesome Cesar! Thanks for sharing it here.

I dunno... that COULD be Gotha. :D

Thanks, everyone.

Mimas, I read about the bundle and I wish I could get one. A DQ-themed console with one of my favorite games' remake! Also, I never played the DQM 1+2 version, but I used it as reference for "Terry?". I looked it up in YouTube and screen-shot it. The GB version does not have that much detail...

GA, DQM plays the whole "they kidnapped my sister and I was too weak to protect her so I have to become the strongest" angle, but without having Terry lose himself and become a demon ally. So teen Terry sees kid Terry and knows he could fall into the same path he is...

T-R-L, I already decided on the look for the third pic. After 5 different layouts, the chosen one will be more action packed. The first one (DQ V pic) was more about the characters, who were large in the picture, while the dragon was merely BG decoration. The second one (this one) was more about the action happening in this scene, so the characters are smaller, and the dragon now serves as more than decoration. Since young Terry is the peaceful one, Watabou and him are just resting. The third pic will have a master and their team ready for battle. I hope you will like it.

KZ, of course I have to share it here. I wanted this art forum to be opened up, in the first place. And I know you guys will get anything that I reference in those pics.

Ryu, what could be Gotha?

Older Terry has Gotha's hood and such. He could be Gotha. :P

EDIT: Answered without refreshing first.

Edited by GrandAlchemist

That third pic sounds like it will rock, cesar.

Oh, got it!

And TRL, I hope it will. Fourth should be cute, fifth should be adventurous and sixth should be funny. And that's it for the first half of the year.

It's funny that you have a fixed agenda of works that you want to do. I think a certain new contest will mess up your schedule. ;p

Those monthly monster master pics are meant to be used as a calendar (if someone takes the time to create the actual calendar pages, that is). There are no thematic matching to each month, but just a different monster master for each. I also want to draw a cover and a back cover.

I hope I will have time. I was expecting to be on two theater projects, but I will only be in one, and it is a play we have already presented, so I should not be so busy these days (as I feared I could be).

There should be enough time to finish my entry for the contest and the pic for March (also, not inking them saves me A LOT of time).

Action sounds nice, but I think I'm waiting to see your "cute one" the most now. Too bad I'll have to wait till April for it.

I really want to wait for a new edition of the 3DS with better battery life, but a special edition slime version calls to me. And if everyone keeps posting pictures with Monster Master Terry, I'll eventually have to budge and play one version or another of the game. I feel so left out. :cry2:

Edited by Mimas

I will try to finish it early in April so you don't have to wait too long for it. I think Princess Amy will like that one, as well. It would definitely fall into some of the categories she likes.

As you, I would normally wait for an update of the console, perhaps even with a price drop. But a DQ-themed console would have a higher priority, if I could afford it.

Nice, I like both of them. And Milly holding the mask from Dragon Quest Swords is a nice touch, I like it.

Nice of you to notice it, man. Thanks for the comments.

New picture coming soon! Wanna guess which game will be featured next?

Mimas, it will be the "cute" pic.

Es eso un Gyarados rojo? porque lo parece! yo tengo ganas desde hace tiempo de dibujar un Barbarus en carboncillo puro blanco y negro powa! pero no eh tenido tiempo ademas de que lo quiero hacer en papel grande algo asi 90x60 cms no soy tan bueno como tu Cesar pero si lo hago ojala lo puedas ver!

Es un coatl (koatoru en katakana, le pusieron coatol en la traducción anterior, aunque es obvio que se refiere a la palabra nahuatl para "serpiente"). Es un monstruo original del primer DQM, y no ha aparecido en ningún juego de la serie principal.

Seguro ese dragón te quedará genial, sí hazlo y compártelo con todos.

Without running any of that through a translator, I take it that Tachiba mistook coatol for a red Gyarados? :P

Sweet pictures by the way, man. That size representation in the second pic seems like it will be true to the remake.

Yay! Cute one! 

Cute pic is up! Check the Dragon Quest Monsters 2 thread.