Sign in to follow this  
Megalosaro

Apparently the beta test began today

All of the races remind me of the Ginyu Force from Dragon Ball Z!

AAAHHHHHHHHH $#!& me!!

So, I went to pop in my DQX Beta today, and I open up the outer box only to find that the game is SEALED!! Noooooooo!!!

I really don't want to break the seal of something so amazingly collectible...the guy I bought it from said that there weren't any seals, but I guess he never bothered opening the outer box. I'm both elated and terribly sad.

AAAHHHHHHHHH $#!& me!!

So, I went to pop in my DQX Beta today, and I open up the outer box only to find that the game is SEALED!! Noooooooo!!!

I really don't want to break the seal of something so amazingly collectible...the guy I bought it from said that there weren't any seals, but I guess he never bothered opening the outer box. I'm both elated and terribly sad.

How bout some pics?

Because, no offense, but I'm a little skeptic.

AWESOME! sorry for doubting you. nice work! not that i could use one on my legit wii but where did you get this?

Bought it from a friend of a friend in Japan who got approved for testing. I told him if they ask for it back, he's SOL.

...and yes, I have my original launch model Wii that's untouched. I bought a modded Wii off some guy on craigslist so I could play some imports. I just convert the region as needed to play whatever. Too bad I can't play this.

If he is going to give it to anyone it should be Mimas. Would make her job alot easier. :D

• Upvote 1

What part of collector's item are you not understanding? It's not that I DON'T want to play it, it's just that I thought it was already opened when I bought it...Would you open a sealed DW1, 2, 3, or 4? No, you wouldn't. How many chances do you think I'll get of ever finding something like this ever again...and sealed? Exactly.

What part of collector's item are you not understanding? It's not that I DON'T want to play it, it's just that I thought it was already opened when I bought it...Would you open a sealed DW1, 2, 3, or 4? No, you wouldn't. How many chances do you think I'll get of ever finding something like this ever again...and sealed? Exactly.

Chill dude. It was just a suggestion. Yeesh. Dont bite our heads off. >_<

Damn. That's a hard choice to make. However... would you ever sell it? If not, is bragging rights worth not being able to ever play it? I'm not trying to convince you. I don't know what I would do either.

• Upvote 1

Just to clarify, my last post wasn't in anger...it was a cocky matter-of-fact tone :P

Anyways, no I wouldn't sell it, even if it was opened. Not sure if you've seen how hardcore my collection is, but I've been obsessed with DW since I was like 5 yrs old, and this will make a nice addition to my already insane collection.

And to be quite frank, I really do wish it were open already... it pains me to no end knowing I have to wait now. I've already begun my search for another copy to play before the beta testing ends.

Cocky like a mean ol' cocktease!

Well, I would love a copy of course. But I can understand Enix's collectors mentality. Myself I make a slit in the top of the plastic, so that I can put it back in the plastic when I'm done.

Isn't the collector's value already diminished by the fact the outer box is opened?

By the way, Dwaine, I heard on 2ch that on the Official Beta test forum there is a thread where people are requesting that the female character's breasts jiggle when they move.

Dammit, Japan...

Well, there are two things to be happy about.

1) That the creators did not put that in to begin with.

2) That the people on 2ch also were not happy about that thread.

Love the bolded part.

1: Good, because 99% of the time they don't do it for proper physics. You kinda feel sorry for the poor chap whose job it is to write and test that code. Can't put that on a resume. It would be an uncomfortable job interview anywhere other than Tecmo or Namco.

2: A rational response? You must be talking about a different 2ch.

Edited by Dwaine

Well, there are two things to be happy about.

1) That the creators did not put that in to begin with.

2) That the people on 2ch also were not happy about that thread.

Love the bolded part.

1: Good, because 99% of the time they don't do it for proper physics. You kinda feel sorry for the poor chap whose job it is to write and test that code. Can't put that on a resume. It would be an uncomfortable job interview anywhere other than Tecmo or Namco.

2: A rational response? You must be talking about a different 2ch.

There is a bolded part?

There have been the occasional rants against children and their mothers, and someone talking about a bed wetting problem, but on the whole this 2ch thread has been behaving at a decent level. Probably most of the badly behaved people are at the "Dragon Quest Funeral Dragon Quest X is going to kill the series" thread.

Edited by Mimas

Crap, must've deleted it on accident. These things happen at 1 a.m. It was the "confirmed to be prince" part.

Didn't a Gainax director get fired for saying 2ch is like putting your nose in front of a sphincter and inhaling deeply?

Edited by Dwaine

Would you open a sealed DW1, 2, 3, or 4?

I would! Just as I gladly free my comics from their polybag prison. But I could understand why you wouldn't want to, especially since no one knows if the beta will even work outside Japan. That's a great find, good look finding a second copy.

There have been the occasional rants against children and their mothers, and someone talking about a bed wetting problem, but on the whole this 2ch thread has been behaving at a decent level. Probably most of the badly behaved people are at the "Dragon Quest Funeral Dragon Quest X is going to kill the series" thread.

Are any of the arguments coming out of the 'Death of the Series' thread coherent, or is it more of the knee-jerk stuff that we've been seeing following the game's announcement? Not to imply that I'm not skeptical of the series direction with X, but I do like to keep an open mind and hope for the best, also many of the impressions you have been posting seem to be positive, so it's becoming easier to expect good things!

Isn't the collector's value already diminished by the fact the outer box is opened?

Ummm, no. The outer box doesn't come sealed like DQ8's did. The only thing sealed on these bastards is the DVD game case inside.

Didn't a Gainax director get fired for saying 2ch is like putting your nose in front of a sphincter and inhaling deeply?

That sounds familiar. I think it had to do with them responding to complaints to the fifth episode of Gurren Lagann. I think it had more to do with them responding badly to fan criticism than directly relating to 2ch, but its been a while since I read the news reports on the incident.

Are any of the arguments coming out of the 'Death of the Series' thread coherent, or is it more of the knee-jerk stuff that we've been seeing following the game's announcement? Not to imply that I'm not skeptical of the series direction with X, but I do like to keep an open mind and hope for the best, also many of the impressions you have been posting seem to be positive, so it's becoming easier to expect good things!

Sorry, but I've been sticking to one thread. I don't really want to go through the naysayers thread since it will likely be just more of the same "The Wii is stupid for online games it should be on the PS3 or it sucks!" I remember reading through threads before IX came out that claimed that Sandy/Stella was based on one of the producer or someone's Mistress.

Sorry, but I've been sticking to one thread. I don't really want to go through the naysayers thread since it will likely be just more of the same "The Wii is stupid for online games it should be on the PS3 or it sucks!" I remember reading through threads before IX came out that claimed that Sandy/Stella was based on one of the producer or someone's Mistress.

Yeah, someone on GAF was bringing that up over and over the other day. Said Stella was based on Yuji Horii's ganguro at the time of IX's development. Find it hard to believe, Horii seems like a mild-mannered dude, then again people have affairs so you never know!

There is talk of 2.0 information. I couldn't find it myself though. They were saying that the Beta will be taking a week off (starts up the April 19), and that the weekday schedule would be the same (2pm-3am), but weekends would start at 10am. But the link they used didn't work for me, so I can't confirm this.

Yeah, someone on GAF was bringing that up over and over the other day. Said Stella was based on Yuji Horii's ganguro at the time of IX's development. Find it hard to believe, Horii seems like a mild-mannered dude, then again people have affairs so you never know!

Besides the fact that the Ganguro fashion was no longer that popular so it would be strange that he would run into a ganguro to date.

Here is the funeral thread. "Oh no, there will be a monthly fee!" "It won't be good because its online.", "It just is trying to imitate WOW". "The Wii can't handle online games". "You guys are just mad since you didn't win a chance at the Beta yet."