Sign in to follow this  
Megalosaro

Apparently the beta test began today

Thanks so much for this info Mimas! This is great.

Hmm, the only problem I see is exchanging equipment. Why can't we exchange equipment after wearing it? Seems unnecessary when you have that level limit on equipment which is fine.

The whole point of it sounds like it is so level 50's can't give level 20's their equipment. The level limit on equipment however should be enough to do that.

oo thats a good question about the music, but im shore its top noch

Have any gameplay videos emerged?

I've been digging and can't find any. There might be an NDA on it.

Yeah, probably, I bet those who get to play don't want to risk it and lose their access.

Figured there'd be an embargo alright, surprised no one is breaking it though...

I haven't found anything. Pretty sure Square Enix is stomping down on videos. There is nothing on NicoNicoDouga or youtube. There MIGHT be something floating around 2chan though. Haven't been combing it too much.

Well, I believe today was day 2 of the testing... or is. I forget how the time zones work.

OK. Same sources but it seems that this is phase 1.0 of the Beta Test.

Test days are/were :

2/23/2012 (Thur) 5:00-8:00

2/28/2012 (Tue) 5:00-8:00

3/1/2012 (Thur) 5:00-8:00

But yeah, maybe some new information will be popping up? I don't think I've noticed if there's been any mention here of what spells / skills characters have learned that aren't of the priest or mage vocations. Mind, those are two of the big spell using classes, so it makes sense that they'd get more attention, yo.

The best thing I have for now is the website for the Beta.

Here is a page for a Weddi priest, and then you can compare it to a Pickripo priest. All information seems to point to no stat differences between the tribes.

There MIGHT be something floating around 2chan though. Haven't been combing it too much.

Well, I've been reading through 【総合】ドラゴンクエストX 目覚めし五つの種族 オンライン thread on 2ch. (Currently its at part 77). So far all the video links have been fake. There might be something out there if you can search Chinese video hosting sites, but I'm not familiar with them, and my Chinese is only as good as my Japanese kanji level.

Any news on what the music is like in the game?

Someone said they weren't very impressed, but I think they latter recanted and said that they would listen more closely during the third night (which will be in a few hours).

Wow thanks Mimas really interesting.

Took a look aroud Youku and couldn't find anything to do with DQ X save for the trailers and promotional materials already released. Kudos Mimas for revealing details in this thread. Keep up the good work!

I am not surprised. Diablo has always had requirements for items although level requirements weren't added until Diablo II or LoD.

Edited by Winter

Took a look aroud Youku and couldn't find anything to do with DQ X save for the trailers and promotional materials already released.

Oh well... Thanks for looking.

The first phase seems to have ended without much new information leaking, but there were also some server issues.

The beta testing is being expanded and more people have received kits the last few days.

This week the testing will take place.

Mar 6. (Tue) 5-8pm.

Mar 7. (Wed) 5-8pm.

Mar 8. (Thur) 5-8pm.

No new map areas will be availabe, and people are supposed to focus on stores, inns, churches, banks, the map, Rula Stones, Battle Records, and the "photo machine".

First test (Tue) had problems with the Wii Store Channel going down causing games to freeze and people getting dropped. Second test this week should start in a few hours since the Wii Store Channel problem was supposedly resolved.

Mini Medals appear to be in the game.

Sounds like there was more server problems, but no added time given to the Beta testing last night.

Beta tests will continue next week.

3/14 (Wed) 5pm-10pm

3/15 (Thur) 5pm-10pm

Same conditions as the previous tests, more people will be added.

Kinda sounds like they might be testing server options, too :P

Nothing new to report for Wednesday test. Some people lost their connection due to earthquakes in Japan, and there might have been some freezing. It sounds like there was a lot of people on, and they are driving monsters to extinction :wink:

Looks like 1.3 will start next week with more people joining, more land, and a higher level cap.

I s'pose freezing's a good thing to happen in a beta, yo.

Glad the testers seem to be going at it strong. I guess the increasing amount of testers is to help simulate how the game might actually work? New people arriving while there are veterans in the game and all. Guess they might also be seeing how many players a server can handle, though that stuff might've already been hammered out.

@Mimas Do you get the impression that people are generally enjoying the game? Any word on how story and events play out? How're people finding the graphics?

Keep up the great work, Mimas!! :)

We've got some pictures now!

Installing the game.

Error when someone tried to log in when the server wasn't ready.

In battle against a Pig Hat.

@Mimas Do you get the impression that people are generally enjoying the game? Any word on how story and events play out? How're people finding the graphics?

Yes, very much so. Story events didn't start until "today", so no word on that, and they aren't playing in order anyways. Graphics have had a few bugs in them, but mostly it isn't even discussed.