What RPG's are you currently playing?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

Posted Images

What would yours be?

One of the original contests, coloring page.

I see that come up from time to time, but it was way before I started posting here. What exactly happened?

What would yours be?

One of the original contests, coloring page.

I see that come up from time to time, but it was way before I started posting here. What exactly happened?

I set up a coloring contest. No one entered. No big deal for anyone other than eal. Hahaha!

Holy crow, I finally made progress in Bloodborne again! For the longest time I've left the game because of YARHAAAAAAAAR'GUL (when you have to go there via plot progression) because the enemies around there were kicking my arse, but I finally cleared it, took out the The Reborn One boss on the second try, and can move on from this awful place of disgusting mimic like monsters.

I'm glad I decided to try the game again and made it past this roadblock. It doesn't earn the hate I have for Father Gascoigne, but it's close.

Bloodborne, you need to stop scary the $#!& out of me. Just went into a dark area and ran into this giant brain monster covered in eyeballs with a very audible heart beat. This must be the Brain of Mensis. Good grief, I did not expect to run into that thing! It's real disgusting too, but luckily it doesn't seem to cause frenzy like the other brain monsters in the Nightmare of Mensis.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

Boop.

I'm playing Dragon Warrior VII! As some of you may remember, my copy stopped working correctly and made the game hard to enjoy. Made the decision to play via emulator, something I do very rarely, and I'm playing it! Excited to play through the whole game now after playing through the 3DS remake; it'll be neat to see the differences between the two that I didn't get to see before.

I made it to Orgodemir on Disc 1 on my first playthrough, but I'm restarting and doing a brand new playthrough!

Edited by gooieooie
  • Upvote 1

I completed the Nightmare of Mensis, which had a creepy end to it. Was surprised what happened after I went back to the Hunter's Dream. I'm supposed to talk to Gehrman now, but before doing that I'm going to tackle the two optional areas.

First is the Upper Cathedral Ward. It has been a creepy area as its one of the few places that has background music. The enemies don't help, nor does the pitch black cathedral you have to walk through while avoiding werewolves and such.

This game does a good job of being creepy.

I forgot how fun the in-battle party chat is. :P

"Let's wipe out the entire species!"

"Damn, I'm hungry!"

"That's it, I want to go home!"

I wish they'd included that in the remake!

I forgot how overpowered they made Edward in the 2D remakes of Final Fantasy IV. I decided to bring him with me for my first trip through the Lunar Subterrane and he was doing quite a lot of damage against the White Dragon that guards Murasame. The Apollo Harp you can get for him is so good.

I forgot how overpowered they made Edward in the 2D remakes of Final Fantasy IV. I decided to bring him with me for my first trip through the Lunar Subterrane and he was doing quite a lot of damage against the White Dragon that guards Murasame. The Apollo Harp you can get for him is so good.

Wait, weren't you playing FF3? When did you move to FF4?

I finished off Final Fantasy IV PSP this evening. Bringing Edward was such a good idea, as he wrecked 90% of the enemies and bosses of the Lunar Subteranne. Had a real close call against Zeromus, but the party pulled through. I'm really liking the new visual effects they gave Big Bang and Black Hole. Granted, I still love the rainbow flashing screen from other versions of IV, but seeing an actual explosion made me think, "Now that's a Big Bang attack."

Anyway, finally completing this playthrough on the PSP version was great. While the sad truth is that this playthrough originally began months ago and was my first playthrough of the PSP version, finally finishing the game feels just as good as the many other times I've beaten Final Fantasy IV. I forgot how much I love this game, and these last few weeks of trying to finish the PSP version was great. I think FFIV is my most replayed RPG actually, especially since I have so many versions of this game, with it all starting on the GBA.

I've debated for awhile what my favorite Final Fantasy game was, but how could I not say IV is my favorite? I've replayed this game so many times in the last ten years, it got me interested in the Final Fantasy series (for the most part), and was the game that got really got me into RPGs. There are many details and secrets about this game I still remember just like that, and I don't think I've played this game for a few years now! It's stuck with me even though I forgot about it a little, and I'm glad I did. This game holds a lot of significance for me.

I advise you not to touch After Years. The gameplay didn't change much, but the story is one of the worst things ever.

I'll play it myself and see how it is.

On another note, I've finally finished Bloodborne. It took awhile to get back to it to finish it, but I finished off the bosses should you refuse the final offer and have found and consumed certain items. They were good bosses to end the game on, especially the first of the two.

I think I'll go more in depth in a Yangus's Thoughts, but for a quick idea on how I feel about Bloodborne: I'm really glad I got this game. It's challenging no doubt, but it was always satisfying to reach new areas, discover secrets, read the lore and put the story together over time, and defeat the beasts who roam during the Night of the Hunt.

What's nice is that upon completing the game, you immediately go into New Game+. You keep almost everything (save key items) and the difficulty goes up even further. Honestly this is great to me because now all the upgrades you make to weapons and your stats, all the armour you find, and any consumable items you have will stay with you, and will help you stand a better chance against the increased difficulty.

I can't wait to get the Old Hunters DLC at some point. I've heard nothing but good things about it, and with how much I liked Bloodborne I'm going to get for sure.

The Old Hunters DLC is pretty rough. I've found some really great new weapons and armor, and I'm liking that half of the enemies are blood crazed hunters who endlessly hunt within the new area called The Hunter's Nightmare. It's sad (but kind of funny in a morbid way) that the beast actually cower in fear whenever the Old Hunters are around. Heck, the Old Hunters will focus on the beasts before they go after you.

I'm stopping for the night, but I came across what looks like a boss room. With how disturbing this DLC is so far I can only imagine what the bosses will be like.

With Dragon Quest VIII out of the way I've turned my attention to Breath of the Wild, by far the best fun I've had with a game for years. I really feels like if Zelda NES were made today. Its so much fun and satisfying learning all you can do in the world. I have no idea how they are going to top that...

Also gone back and been playing some good old Lords of the Realm 2, one of my favorite medieval strategy on the side to mix it up when need a small RPG break.

Horizon looks really good, if my PS4 had not broke down I give that one a try big time. Seems very RPG like.

Also Trying more of that Final Fantasy Explorers for 3DS, you can tell they were really thinking Monster Hunter with that one.

I caved in and bought a gaming tablet so I can get the mobile Dragon Quest games. So for I've gotten I, II and III, currently working my way through three. I"m not sure about the ones after, they look like ports of the DS version.

Edited by DragonQuestHero

The first boss I fought in the Hunter's Nightmare...

Ludwig the Accursed/Ludwig the Holy Blade

...is one of my favorite bosses in Bloodborne now. The first form was incredibly frustrating due to the boss liking to charge up his attacks and then other times just throwing them out, but after several (as in like 20!) tries I was piecing together the cues and managed to get through phase one with little damage.

Next thing you know, there's a mid battle cutscene, and the battle went up to 11. The boss's attack pattern completely changed, not to mention he got a mother $#!&ing sword of killing, and it was fantastic dodging in and out between his sword swings. My second time reaching this form I managed to defeat him, but it was certainly hard. His AoE threw me off, but downing him was great. Not to mention, his battle theme was godlike.

This game can scare me but give me such an adrenaline rush AND I LOVE IT.

I finished off the Interlude in Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection. It's pretty short at about 4 hours of game time, but it was nice seeing some of the aftermath of the original game and helps set up a few things for what's probably to come in The After Years.

There was mention of a bonus boss in the Interlude somewhere, so I might have to search for that at some point or Google search if I can't find it on my own. There is a wall door within the Developer's Room in the Interlude, so that may be the key.

Oh, Yangus! Before you start After Years, two things:

1. Once you've cleared a tale, unless you fancy having a hellish time in the final tale, grind. Grind hard.

2. In Rydia's tale, let me know before you reach its end. There's something you'll want to do if you want access to every character in the endgame.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild is one of the best games I've ever played, it's praise is well deserved. I took a little break from it though to go play some FE7. Start of Chapter 19 with a few supports under my belt, the conversations in FE7 are a lot more interesting than the ones in Fates, my favorite so far are the conversations involving Raven's past with House Ostia.