Getting ready for FFX/X2 HD,  Demon Gaze, and Conception II

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Posted Images

Big list of games I'm playing at the moment, since I got a nice tax return, along with someone paying me back what they owed me,

Mostly focusing on Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep so that I can dive into Dream Drop Distance. Finished aqua and terra story, on radiant garden as Ventus, all in proud mode.

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance(i'll play more of it once I finish Birth by Sleep).

Also playing Tales of Abyss, which is quite a solid rpg.

a little bit of Pokemon X(which I'll focus on more once I finish most of these games).

Nostalgia, which is pretty decent DS game.

Final Fantasy: The Four Heroes of Light, I was playing it a bit, but found out that I have to keep from leveling too much because of second half of game. I'll get back into it more later.

Fire Emblem Awakening, haven't done too much in it yet, but will get around to it eventually.

Also, a non-rpg I pop in before getting into Tales of Abyss each day, Animal Crossing New Leaf(so much stuff to do and unlock in it, especially compared to the original on GC).

Oh, and I was replaying Dragon Quest IX, but kind of got sidetracked by all these new games. Almost beat the second form of the gittish leader around level 29-30, which is amazing, considering people suggest 38+ before even doing the dungeon.

Edited by MetroidXPS

Dove into my backlog of games to trim some of the fat. Playing Pokemon LeafGreen as well as selling a handful of unfinishedg ames I have no interest in playing.

I also restarted Fire Emblem Awakening for whatever reason (i dont even remember) and I'm knocking out a chapter a day.

Costume Quest! Its quirky and fun. :)

;) ^This! I have the game on my xbox and it's easily one of my favorite titles from Xbox Live Arcade.

Just recently finished up The Banner Saga, a Kickstarter-backed game taking place in a Norse-like setting where the gods are dead and the sun is stuck in the sky. It's almost like Oregon Trail with tactical, turn-based battles. Depending on the choices you make along the way, characters will die and optional ones will join you. There's no clear answer among the choices presented but I often found being the nice guy screwed us.

Overall, it was a fun experience, and one of the few games with choices that actually seemed to impact if not the overall plot then how it unfolded and who was left standing by the end. My only gripe is that I played on Normal with relative ease, then came the final boss and there was a noticeable spike in difficulty. I just couldn't finish the game unless I set it to Easy, which kind of soured the ending for me. Regardless I cant wait for the sequel.

;) I dunno if this should count or not but, I've been randomly playing what I have made in my RPG Maker game in little bits. I'm liking what I've made so far :D

I don't remember the subject of this post saying, "What RPG's have you been playing (except any you've built yourself)." So I think you're safe on that one.  :baa:

• Upvote 1

Big list of games I'm playing at the moment

Nostalgia, which is pretty decent DS game.

I agree. I was doing well on it and then I went and got married or had a kid or something that distracted me. I really liked the airship battles.

Mass Effect 3, Earthbound, and... upcoming Mario & Luigi 1, i guess.

;) I played the Mass Effect games within the year, not a bad series though the sudden jump between more traditional RPG and Third Person Shooter can be rather jarring. Especially to one who's not a huge shooter fan.

I was thinking of playing Mass Effect soon! Did the ending send you into a tizzy like it did with everyone else who has played Mass Effect? (no spoilers plz)

;) I didn't get to ticked about the ending honestly, then again I was semi spoiled when I went into it so... :P

Anywho, doing a lot of this work on my own game has me semi in the mood to play a few RPG Maker games some friends made, mainly Frontiers Extreme and The Lost Legend IV: The Guardian of Light. (This one being made by the Den's own Wonderslime :D )

• 3 weeks later...

Been mostly playing Elder Scrolls Online when I have the time. Playing it with a few friends, and other than the occasional bug (quest bugs, mostly) it's been pretty fun. Also when I need to go around killing aimlessly, I opt for Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls. Also since beating Dark Souls II I hop on it once in awhile for some PVP. Now if only FromSoftware (makers of Demon Souls and Dark Souls series) would make a new Kings Field again... I would be in heaven! :thumbsup:

Anyone playing Conception II? It is a really cool game, with a lot of Classes in a cool class system.

I might do an topic about it tomorrow.

I am really thinking it is better than SMT IV.. And much much better

;) @Neclord: I saw some gameplay footage of the Demo Version of Elder Scrolls Online, now my only exposure to the Elder Scrolls games is Oblivion which I spent nearly three months playing through so how good is Elder Scrolls online and is the public version out already?

Anyone playing Conception II? It is a really cool game, with a lot of Classes in a cool class system.

I might do an topic about it tomorrow.

I am really thinking it is better than SMT IV.. And much much better

I'm interested in hearing about it, post away!

I'm waiting for Conception II to come over there, and Demon Gaze too.

Right now, I'm finishing FFX-2. I spend nearly half my time training up monsters in this game... Training Tomberry, Chocobos, and Cactuar is almost as fun as training slime. Almost.

And I have to finally play through FFIX (loves it so far !) and FFVIII

I also have to finish The Magical Land of Wozz sometimes in the near future. That's a pretty fun game.

I wouldn't touch FF8 with a ten foot pole.  I hated that game.  9 was fun though!  I recently beat Project X Zone in my second play through with harder enemies/different items to find.  I like that turn based juggling battle system that I first saw in SRT:  Endless Frontier.  It's fun to see a new take on a turn based system.  After I play through The New Super Mario Bros 2, I think I'll play Bravely Default.  I did the demo and it was a lot of fun. 

• Upvote 1

;) Final Fantasy IX is quite easily my favorite game from the PSX era of Final Fantasies. I felt 7 was ok but a wee bit over hyped for my tastes and 8, hoo boy 8, I'm not sure HOW to feel about 8 to be honest. :laugh:

Edited by Slime Master
  • Upvote 1

Well, the first few minutes on FFVIII honnestly doesn't makes me very positive...

The controls are kinda weird...

I'm still going to try it because it's a classic, and it's a total mystery too me (I saw my brother plays through VII, and had a friend who showed me and talked about IX and X/X-2)

Picking up Final Fantasy VI(my favorite in the series) again yay!

;) An excellent choice in my opinion as that entry is also one of my favorites in the series. :thumbsup:

The Denpa Men: They Came by Wave.