What RPG's are you currently playing?

It's been awhile since I played but I remember her giving me a bit of trouble as well. It's all the flying units right? Typically, I box my units together, keeping the strongest on the outside obviously, let them come to me as I move around the map, and pick them off as they come. Spreading out units on a map where enemies can come from all over the place at vast distances is a good way to get your units killed. You should also be pairing your units.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

Posted Images

I usually pair my weaker units with stronger ones, then switch them around sometimes to share the EXP. I'll try boxing my units , hopefully I'll have better luck.

I can see what you meant about Kagero eal, she's got a really nice yellow scarf.

Personality-wise, she's kind of boring. I mostly paired her with Corrin because of her looks in the same way I did with Charlotte in Conquest, though I also found Charlotte to be funny as well. Ruined Kana's stats though. For curiosity's sake, I went back to see which units I paired in Birthright. Here's who ended up with whom:

1. Corrin x Kagero

2. Takumi x Oboro

3. Jakob x Azura

4. Ryoma x Hana

5. Kaden x Sakura

6. Saizo x Felicia

7. Hinata x Hinoka

8. Hayato x Mozu

9. Silas x Orochi

I usually pair my weaker units with stronger ones, then switch them around sometimes to share the EXP. I'll try boxing my units , hopefully I'll have better luck.

Don't just pair everyone together. Pair-Up isn't as good as it was in Awakening. Take care in your unit placement to try and set up Attack Stance strikes from some of your people. Even though AS follow-ups hit for half damage, it can definitely help in battle.

As for supports, are you doing it for a good kid, or just going off good supports? If it's the former, stay away from Rinkah. She won't really do your kid any favors.

If it's the latter, Felicia has a much better support chain over Rinkah, and will make your kid very proficient in magic. Setsuna, Mozu, and Orochi have fun/great supports too.

Edited by Sword_of_Dusk

Don't just pair everyone together. Pair-Up isn't as good as it was in Awakening. Take care in your unit placement to try and set up Attack Stance strikes from some of your people. Even though AS follow-ups hit for half damage, it can definitely help in battle.

As for supports, are you doing it for a good kid, or just going off good supports? If it's the former, stay away from Rinkah. She won't really do your kid any favors.

If it's the latter, Felicia has a much better support chain over Rinkah, and will make your kid very proficient in magic. Setsuna, Mozu, and Orochi have fun/great supports too.

Well after going at it for a while, I finally got through Chapter 13, finally! I decided to just go through every challenge and Paralogue available. Paired up Stoner Girl(that's what I'm calling her from now on) with Takumi. Rinkah seemed interesting at first but her supports didn't really add much to her. I think I went a bit overboard, as I also just went ahead and paired Corrin with Scarlet, cause Scarlet was cool, and I used a ton of Master Seals on maxed out characters.

Rinkah seemed interesting at first, but her support conversations don't really add much to her.

You wanna know the best part though? I went through all the trouble of leveling Kaze to twenty and S Ranking him with Kagero, and well lets just say after a quick google search, I was pretty annoyed. I guess it's kind of my fault, I should have known something was up when his paralogue didnt appear tight away. *regretful sigh*

After getting the Chrono Cross OST for Xmas and listening to it all day yesterday, I started the game up on my PS2 and got through the intro area in the Fortress and am currently in Arni village. The music is so good. It's been years since I played through it and I want to play through it again so badly. 

Scarlet should be a good fit for Corrin. If I remember correctly, her stats are rather high, so Kana should be pretty strong.

Plus, given events on Conquest and Revelation, it's a really good pairing.

And Drago, you still have one chapter to fix the Kaze problem. Just use skirmish maps to grind his and Corrin's supports.

Well by the time I figured out about Kaze I had already saved after the battle on Chapter 15. I figured , since this is an RPG, there's no way he's really dead, how wrong I was. Lesson learned, from now on, I'm rotating saves for every game I play.

I just wish I didn't waste Kageros S support. I'll just have to keep pressing on.

Edited by TheKingOfTheDragovians

Honestly, Kaze isn't a particularly good unit to begin with. Anything he can do, Saizo, Felicia, and Jakob can do better. Unless you have some sort of emotional attachment, I wouldn't bother.

Rotating saves is important if you're ever unsure of things. I always create a new save if I come to a point that seems suspicious. The Kaze thing is total bull though. No one could've seen it coming.

Honestly, Kaze isn't a particularly good unit to begin with. Anything he can do, Saizo, Felicia, and Jakob can do better. Unless you have some sort of emotional attachment, I wouldn't bother.

He's a great mage killer, but that's about it.

After getting the Chrono Cross OST for Xmas and listening to it all day yesterday, I started the game up on my PS2 and got through the intro area in the Fortress and am currently in Arni village. The music is so good. It's been years since I played through it and I want to play through it again so badly.

I love the soundtrack too, it's my favorite PS1 soundtrack for sure.

Im getting really sucked into Fates. I'm at Chapter 22, doing some grinding. I love deciding the fate of everyone's love life.

You've just about reached a pivotal chapter in Birthright. You will know exactly what I'm talking about when you get there, and the minute you do, I want to hear your thoughts.

You got it Dusk, Chapter 24 right now, nothing seemed TOO pivotal in 22 or 23, Chapter 23 was pretty hard, but 24 is even harder, I'll have to do some more level grinding, think of a better a strategy. Or just send in Ryoma and let him hog all the EXP, nah, I won't actually do that.

Also can you tell me what it is that's playing in 23, it's just so, uplifting, like listening to the Rocky soundtrack.

I love the final boss theme. Conquest's to be precise.

It is amazing, especially the version that combines each game's iteration of the theme.

@Drago: I don't remember what played in 23. I'll have to look over the soundtrack when I get a chance.

The song that played during Chapter 6 is also quite amazing. I'd still say that the Awakening soundtrack is pound for pound better, but I quite like a lot of the tracks in Fates.

I honestly didn't think I would get this into Birthright. This was probably the best Christmas gift I got this year. Chapter 24 was hell, I hate Hans, next one is probably gonna be even harder, wish me luck. By the way I found that song I was look for earlier, it was Alight Storm.

I realize find most SRPGs to be pretty addicting.

• Upvote 1

I made it to the Hyrda Marshes in Chrono Cross. I decided to save kid because I'm not a monster.

Jokes on you, now you can't get Glenn and his ludicrous damage dealing weapons!

I made it to the Hyrda Marshes in Chrono Cross. I decided to save kid because I'm not a monster.

Jokes on you, now you can't get Glenn and his ludicrous damage dealing weapons!

It's ok. This is a new game+ game, so I'm already at Growth level 55/55, so I poke stuff for hundreds of damage currently. I had him on the original save, so next save I get ALL characters.

I see.

On that note, enjoy destroying everything in your path.

I see.

On that note, enjoy destroying everything in your path.

I remembered that I won't get Doc either, and I really like Doc. Whoops. Maybe I shouldn't have opted after all since she'd have gotten saved anyways.

I honestly didn't think I would get this into Birthright. This was probably the best Christmas gift I got this year. Chapter 24 was hell, I hate Hans, next one is probably gonna be even harder, wish me luck. By the way I found that song I was look for earlier, it was Alight Storm.

I realize find most SRPGs to be pretty addicting.

Which one are you playing next?