What RPG's are you currently playing?

So for the heck of it, here are all the Dragon Quest references I have seen so far in 3D Dot Heroes. I'll update the post as I find more. No idea if Woodus would think these would be useful in some part of his website, maybe under sightings?

So far:

Dragon Quest 5 - In Raejack village, there is an NPC who is lamenting on marrying one of two girls, None are names, but one girl is "Childhood Friend" and "Rich Woman". You choose which girl the NPC marries. 

Dragon Quest General - In Ortego, there is a girl in a house that offers you a 'Poof Poof' massage for 10 gold.

Dragon Quest General - In Dotnia Castle, there's a man who says "May the Light guide you", which after, the screen flashes for a moment.

Dragon Quest 4 - In Ortego, A man laments over not having any business in the town. Travel to Raejack and talk to the twins, Mary & Mina, a dancer and Fortune teller, they go to Ortega to perform.

Dragon Quest 4 - In Ortego, There is a group, Bourya, Elena, and Kristoff. Elena is on a journey to enter a competition, Kristoff is trying to talk her out of it, but keep her safe.

Loading Screen 9 is the box art for Dragon Quest 1 in Japan

Loading Screen 18 is the box art for Dragon Quest 2 in Japan

Loading Screen 29 is the box art for Dragon Quest 3 in Japan

Loading Screen 44 is the box art for Dragon Quest 4 in Japan

Loading Screen 51 is the box art for Dragon Quest 5 in Japan

Loading Screen 55 is the box art for Torneko's Great Adventure: Mysterious Dungeon

Loading Screen 65 is the box art for Dragon Quest 6 in Japan

That's all so far. I hope to see more. I'm only a few hours into the game. The loading screens were fun to find, as you shift to a new area it loads quickly and you get art between the load, there's 105 total and I just kept going back and forth between an area until I had them all (took 5-10 minutes) and I looked at all the loading screen art and saw all the Dragon Quest ones.

Update:

Dragon Quest General - You get an item called the Wind Wing, looks almost exactly the same as a warp wing, and will take you to any previously visited town or castle. The way you warp and the noise it makes are almost identical.

Dragon Quest General - When you cast any of the spells the Sages in the game give you, it makes the same noise that spells in Dragon Quest make when you cast them.

Dragon Quest General - There is a slime that hangs out in the back of Raejack village, when you talk to him, he professes his want to become human.

Dragon Quest General - Metal Slime enemy. It zips around the area very fast. If you kill it it drops a large sum of money instead of EXP since there is no EXP in this game.

Dragon Quest General - Killer Rabbit, Looks like the Spiked Hare (Almiraj).

Dragon Quest General - Blue Slime. Blue like a slime, but looks like a bubble slime.

Edited by Bururian
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

Posted Images

SMTIV, FFXIV working on the Yokai Watch event.

May grab I Am Setsuna tonight.

I thought you would already have I Am Setsuna. I'm looking forward to playing it.

By the way, did you ever finish Etrian Odyssey 1?

Had some financial issues past few weeks otherwise I would have bought it.

No, though still playing here and there, at the 5th Stratum.

It's more something I was just playing in my off-time anyways, seemed well suited for that.

Though I should hunker down and finish it and move onto future ones.

SMTIV, FFXIV working on the Yokai Watch event.

May grab I Am Setsuna tonight.

I thought you would already have I Am Setsuna. I'm looking forward to playing it.

By the way, did you ever finish Etrian Odyssey 1?

Had some financial issues past few weeks otherwise I would have bought it.

No, though still playing here and there, at the 5th Stratum.

Have any troubles while making your way there? The 20th floor can be a pain since you have to kill all the FOEs and then the boss in the original.

Not that I can recall, it's been at least a month though.

I feel ashamed!
Well, not really.

After SMTIV neutral run is finished maybe I'll get back to it before the September rush, as IAS isn't too long of a game from what I hear.

Just finish when you can. The 5th stratum is the end of the main game, and from there you get the nasty surprise of the 6th stratum.

Today was the first time I sat down and played some video games in the last few days, returning to 7th Dragon III. Still in the middle of chapter 3, and just completed the split team section. It's reminiscent of FF6's split team sections/dungeons.

Anyway, I found out the hard way that sticking the Agent, Fortuner, and Dualist on the same team leads to a real glass cannon team. Had to repeat some dragon battles because they be squishy.

Ugh, my wife was gone for an entire week. Had so much to do on my self-written honey-do list that I haven't even touched a video game that whole time. Maybe I can get some playtime in now that almost all is done.

Today was the first time I sat down and played some video games in the last few days, returning to 7th Dragon III. Still in the middle of chapter 3, and just completed the split team section. It's reminiscent of FF6's split team sections/dungeons.

Anyway, I found out the hard way that sticking the Agent, Fortuner, and Dualist on the same team leads to a real glass cannon team. Had to repeat some dragon battles because they be squishy.

Glass cannons aren't squishy.

Glass shatters, glass is fragile.

I'm confused as to the English here 😲😁😅😜

Shut yer noise, you.

Finished chapter 3 in 7th Dragon III!

The chapter ended with a nasty boss fight against one of the True Dragons, who apparently are the big bads of the dragon race. I'm not sure exactly what sets them apart from the regular dragons, but hey, if it makes them feel special, let them have their little title.

The True Dragon I fought, Nyala, took two attempts to defeat. Nearly had him the first time, but he likes to slap on the status ailments and I wasn't able to heal in time to prevent a game over. But no big deal, because he went down in the rematch.

Funny enough, I thought the game would go straight to chapter 4, but apparently the game decided we need an intermission chapter, or chapter 3.6 to be precise (and it is supposed to be a 6, not a 5).

Finished my neutral run of SMTIV.

Almost tempted to run the Chaos route and get all the DLC fights, but I'll save that for a rainy day.

Plus hunting for fiends, and trying to get fusion errors for some demons, gah.

The only demons I'm missing from 4's compendium are the Fiends and Legends (pretty sure that's the name for the family that's only available via fusion accidents). That ridiculous 1/256 spawn rate for the fiends is not worth the effort.

7th Dragon, you sneaky little devil! In the middle of chapter 4 I've gained the ability to make a third team and the final two classes, meaning a total of 9 characters who can go with you at one time. The new classes are the Mage and Banisher, with the latter sporting a very nice suit of armor.

Although there are only 8 classes, what's nice is that because the Samurai specialize in two sword types, they have two unique skill trees. Thus, the third member of team 3 will be a Katana wielding Samurai since I already have a dual wielding Samurai.

I'm loving the ability to have every class with me at one time, swapping everyone out amongst parties when allowed to find new combinations. That's a big plus in my book. Needless to say this game has left my expectations in the dust.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Upvote 1

Pulled out DQHTWTWATBB a few weeks ago because my wife had friends with older kids coming over. They liked it. I hadn't touched it months, but last night my wife lamented not being able to watch the Bachelorette in peace. So, I took Plattym4 in the bedroom and we played DQHTWTWATBB for 2 hours. I have my old ps2 controller and he loves to just tap the buttons and "help kill the big bad guys".

Killed my first KMS and lots of things suddenly started happening with Terry's Puff Puff and character specific quests opening. I'd beaten it and done almost zero post game.

Think I'll stick around with this for a bit!

I was becoming Bravely Burnt Out, a feeling YangustheLegendaryBandit shares.

Started up I Am Setsuna, a lot of fun.

Some nice customization with the spiritnites and fluxuations.

It kinda feels like FFX meets CT with the story meeting gameplay, general feel.

Edited by Tiael

Pulled out DQHTWTWATBB a few weeks ago because my wife had friends with older kids coming over. They liked it. I hadn't touched it months, but last night my wife lamented not being able to watch the Bachelorette in peace. So, I took Plattym4 in the bedroom and we played DQHTWTWATBB for 2 hours. I have my old ps2 controller and he loves to just tap the buttons and "help kill the big bad guys".

Killed my first KMS and lots of things suddenly started happening with Terry's Puff Puff and character specific quests opening. I'd beaten it and done almost zero post game.

Think I'll stick around with this for a bit!

I was becoming Bravely Burnt Out, a feeling YangustheLegendaryBandit shares.

Oh yes, I'm still feeling burnt out from the experience. I may put the game down on easy just to power through it and get the game over with at some point! There's always NG+ if I want to redeem myself. :P

Quick update on 7th Dragon: My two new party members and Katana Samurai (had him for awhile, just never used him past level 14) are already up to level 35, only 5 levels behind everyone else. And they've only been in the party for 45 minutes! Man, I kinda wish another team based RPG had that kind of level up speed...

FFX = amazing.

CT = meh.

Which is it more gameplay like?

ATB 2.0 is fun, but CT :P

Story starts out more like FFX.

Any frog, robot, or cave (wo)man type party members in I Am Setsuna?

FFX = amazing.

CT = meh.

ATB 2.0 is fun, but CT

Haha, thanks! I don't even know why I keep looking for new games. I have 5 on preorder through the rest of 2016 and at least 3 I'm working on.

Any frog, robot, or cave (wo)man type party members in I Am Setsuna?

Only have 3 character so far, but they're all human (or at least it looks like)

Aeterna is pretty great though.

FFX = amazing.

CT = meh.

ATB 2.0 is fun, but CT

Haha, thanks! I don't even know why I keep looking for new games. I have 5 on preorder through the rest of 2016 and at least 3 I'm working on.

Likewise lol.

FFXV, DQVII, SMTIV Apocalypse, Trails of Cold Steel II, DQB, The Last Guardian and WoFF.

Edited by Tiael

All I have up for pre-order are DQ 7 & 8 and SMT4: Apocalypse.

If music counts, I have EO5's soundtrack on pre-order too!

Well, Atlus hasn't exactly given us much hope to think EO5 will be out in the west this year.

I'll refer to this image then.

http://puu.sh/q9A8z/b05b07a710.JPG

Etrian Odyssey games arrive in the States about 6 months after the Japan release on average. However, if this average holds true for EO5, that means it would be released in February alongside Persona 5. Obviously Persona 5 will outsell Etrian 5 regardless, but Atlus would be daft to release two of their major titles (English translations) in the same month even though they are on seperate consoles. Their is speculation the game will be released this holiday season, as so far Atlus has no major releases this year once Apocalypse hits the market.

So we could see EO5 this year in the states, and if not then early next year for sure. The fact tagging a Japanese 3DS is showing EO5: Beyond the Legends (which doesn't match the much longer Japanese subtitle of "The End of the Long Myth) is a good sign.

Plus you still have 5 (6 if you count Etrian Mystery Dungeon) games to get through, so you have plenty to tide you over. And that's with all the other games you're planning to get.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I was more saying for you and others until I get caught up :P

Eh, we'll see, I won't hold my breath for a release this year though.