cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

Not an RPG, but I'm playing and like The Saboteur.

Bad Irish and French accents though...... (mostly English voice actors)

Edited by Red Dragon

Started playing more of the Super Robot Wars series (namely F and the Complete Box), as well as a little Pokemon Black 2 every now and then.

Edited by Shin Getter-1

Dragon Quest IX, Dissidia 012, Pokemon HeartGold, Final Fantasy IV, Quest 64 (THE NOSTALGIA!!!) and many others. Most of my gaming library is made up of RPGs. :)

Edited by Solo Zenithia

Dragon Quest IX, Dissidia 012, Pokemon HeartGold, Final Fantasy IV, Quest 64 (THE NOSTALGIA!!!) and many others. Most of my gaming library is made up of RPGs. :)

Quest 64? EeeeeWWWwwww ;P

Ah Quest 64, managed to get close to the end of the game without the use
of a memory card and it was a rental on top of that.  Anytime that game
is mentioned this song pops up in my head. 

Started playing Grandia Extreme on the PS2.  Fun so far but who the hell makes the X button as the cancel button and the O button as the select button?  Took some getting used to for that.  On a side note I previewed this when it was shown at E3.  I'm now getting around to playing it. (O.o) 

LOVED Grandia Xtreme! As a matter of fact, I never disliked a single thing of a single Grandia game. Probably my 2nd favorite series behind DQ.

Just finished off Professor Layton - Unwound Future & now need to get back to finishing off Rune Factory 2 and Etrian Odyssey 3 before both their part 4s come out this summer. Release dates are my goals to beat!

Super Robot Wars W just recently, and chose GoLion (Voltron), Shin Getter Robo, and Tekkaman Blade as my fave mechs. Currently at chapter 1.

Edited by Koyuki and Dororo

Started playing Grandia Extreme on the PS2.  Fun so far but who the hell makes the X button as the cancel button and the O button as the select button?  Took some getting used to for that.  On a side note I previewed this when it was shown at E3.  I'm now getting around to playing it. (O.o) 

99% Of Japan if you was around in early years of PS1 were like that but USA didn't like it so after that most games get those two buttons changed MGS is one few games come to mind that refused to change.

If you play imports its something you really have to get use to with the PS family.

I read that O is supposed to mean "right" and X is supposed to mean "wrong", just symbols. I don't know why america changed it (though I feel it's more comfortable the way it is here), but with the standard japanese controls it's closer to the super nintendo controller's A and B buttons. The Playstation was originally supposed to be a CDRom add on for the SNES/SFC (like 64DD) but Sony and Nintendo had a falling-out which is why sony took the playstation and made a standalone console to compete with the N64. This also has to do with the mario and zelda CDi games, as Phillips agreed (after the nintendo-sony fallout) to make nintendo's electronics under the condition that a few nintendo characters were liscensed out for their system.

Did I mention that I started playing FFIV: The Complete Collection?

I'm playing Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, Final Fantasy III DS, and Chrono Cross.

Found a copy of DWIIIGBC for 15 bucks three days ago. Been playing that, as well as Dragon Warrior NES.

Dragon Quest X.

Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter (*shot*), Dragon Quest IV and IX, .hack//MUTATION (going through IMOQ for the fifth time, then will finally start the GU games), Dokapon Kingdom, Dissidia Final Fantasy, and Final Fantasy I and IV.

DQVIII, now I'm taking a break from leveling up. 

Also, prior to popping in DQVIII, I was playing Final Fantasy VIII.  I really like that one, too.  I'm currently at the Galbadian missile base in the second disc.  Maybe it's time to switch back to FFVIII for a bit.

Trying hard to finish up Etrian Odyssey IV this weekend. I think I'm on the final floor of the final dungeon. I played Etrian Odyssey III and IV back to back, so I don't think I'm going to do the bonus stuff right now. After a couple hundred hours, I need something new.

Gonna start up SMTIV once I'm done.

Totally bummed that Rune Factory IV has been pushed back again, now eta: mid-October.

Playing Grandia 3 now.  I really the addtion of aerial combos to the battle system and how you develop skills/spells in this game. 

Playing Grandia 3 now. I really the addtion of aerial combos to the battle system and how you develop skills/spells in this game.

Great game. Great opening song. Great series of games!

Each Grandia game brought a little tweak to the skill/spell systems and I totally loved each one.

Grandia 3 had a community like Slime Knights. I remember I win the very first contest they hosted there, but wasn't online enough to juggle that, Slime Knights, and here at the time, which was a shame.

I'm not such a fan of the song.  A lot of engrish and pretty cheesy overall.  A friend of mine is a big hater of the music in this game and I can see why sometimes.  Sometimes it's pretty good but then you get to places like Baccula and it's like scratching on a chaulk board.  I'm about to go to the Vejas jungle and I really like everything else about the game so far.    You're right that they've done an excellent job of tweaking the battle system with every iteration of the game.  It's not like Xenosaga where they completely screwed it up with the second one.  I've heard it's better in the 3rd game.  Despite the love for the characters and story, two poisoned me so much that I'm just now getting around to play the last one once I'm done with Grandia.  I played the first two Xenosaga titles as they were released. 

Final Fantasy IX

I hate back attacks because it takes so long for the attack guage to fill up.

Skyrim

I downloaded some DLC recently, the adoption DLC.  The game has begun to freeze more often now, I shouldn't have downloaded.

Found a rom and I'm trying out one of the more comprehensive hacks of Zelda LTTP: Zelda Parallel Worlds Remodel.

I got my sword/shield, and I'm screwing around in the guardhouse, dying a bit, but it's OK so far. I've played LTTP a few dozen times so I'm pretty decent at it, so it's rewarding.

I've spent the last three weeks playing Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. It's quite a good game. A great, emotional story, animations by Studio Ghibli, and gameplay that is both expansive and easy to pick up, all taking place in a vibrant and immersive world. Plus, it's nice and long. 30+ hours in and I've only just gotten close to the end.

Started playing the first Atelier Iris game for the PS2.  Apparently they decided to get almost all of the top names in Anime dub voice acting at the time.  3 of your party members are voiced by main cast members from Cowboy Bebop (Spike, Ed, Faye).  There's even the woman who plays the Major in the Ghost in the Shell TV series that's showed up among the other voices I recognized.  I wasn't sure what I would think about a game so focused on alchemy but it's still really fun.  I'll have to check the other 2 sequels out after this one.    

...and now the voice actor for Jet in Cowboy Bebop has showed up as well for a minor character.  It's a full house!  I have Atelier Iris 1-3 on the PS2.  Though I just looked up the entire Atelier series.  Holy crap!  There's like 15 of these games total...most of which have been translated to english.  I'll be playing this series for a while....

I'm playing DQIX but tomorrow I'll start to play Diablo 3 on PS3! :D So probably I'll need to say goodbye to DQIX. xD

Edited by Rangel

I've spent the last three weeks playing Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch. It's quite a good game. A great, emotional story, animations by Studio Ghibli, and gameplay that is both expansive and easy to pick up, all taking place in a vibrant and immersive world. Plus, it's nice and long. 30+ hours in and I've only just gotten close to the end.

I loved that game. But I really think they stalked me when they made the Sprout Sprite.

Currently playing:

• Dragon Quest VIII
  • Dragon Warrior III (GBC version)
  • Final Fantasy IV