What RPG's are you currently playing?

I got Code of Princess on sale digitally a while back and finally started it. It's fun, but damn if it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

I hope you enjoy it.

I'm sure I will (rather, I am). It struck me as something more serious when I got it is all.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

Posted Images

I got Code of Princess on sale digitally a while back and finally started it. It's fun, but damn if it doesn't take itself seriously at all.

I hope you enjoy it.

I'm sure I will (rather, I am). It struck me as something more serious when I got it is all.

It's the farthest thing from being serious.

I didn't enjoy it at all, and it was a game that's made me a lot more cautious about checking out published only titles by Atlus. It's one of the game's where I felt like I wasted my money on buying it.

Great minds think alike. I've got it tagged on Amazon for later when I have the money for it.

My replay of Final Fantasy IX had been pretty fun so far. I've reached the Village of Dali, currently on the hunt for Vivi.

This replay feels like a fresh experience with the game. This is only the second time I've played the game, granted, but nevertheless its been fun.

Just DQ7, PSO, and a little DQ6.

My replay of Final Fantasy IX had been pretty fun so far. I've reached the Village of Dali, currently on the hunt for Vivi.

This replay feels like a fresh experience with the game. This is only the second time I've played the game, granted, but nevertheless its been fun.

And what are you going to name Vivi? HMMMM?!

(Did you end up doing a Den member naming scheme?)

Also Yangus, I'm thinking of joining you. I never got too far in IX, as my copy was scratched up and would freeze at a certain spot, but I can download it off of the PSN Store. :)

And what are you going to name Vivi? HMMMM?!

(Did you end up doing a Den member naming scheme?)

Also Yangus, I'm thinking of joining you. I never got too far in IX, as my copy was scratched up and would freeze at a certain spot, but I can download it off of the PSN Store. :)

Go for it. After one playthrough I consider Final Fantasy IX one of my favorites in the series and one of my top 5 RPGs.

Again, funny what you picked to play, Twinsie. That's the one FF I'd like to play next. Doubt I will for...? as it's not really out for anything I own. And the fact that I'm almost all mobile for a while here.

Again, funny what you picked to play, Twinsie. That's the one FF I'd like to play next. Doubt I will for...? as it's not really out for anything I own. And the fact that I'm almost all mobile for a while here.

It's the only FF game past FF6 I was genuinely interested in. 7, 8, 10, 12, and 13? Not so much, though I may play them someday.

It is available on mobile devices Platty. No idea how it plays on iPads and Smartphones and the like, but you have that for an option.

OK YANGUS, DOWNLOADED! ;)

Cost $10. Not too shabby! Gonna get started soon.

Sounds good. Hope you enjoy the game this time around, and let me know what you think of it.

I hope so too! I don't think downloads can get scratched ;) 

Although I thought it was downloaded, but I looked again and apparently it's going to be over an hour long download. :I 

It's the only FF game past FF6 I was genuinely interested in. 7, 8, 10, 12, and 13? Not so much, though I may play them someday.

It is available on mobile devices Platty. No idea how it plays on iPads and Smartphones and the like, but you have that for an option.

OK YANGUS, DOWNLOADED! ;)

Cost $10. Not too shabby! Gonna get started soon.

Sounds good. Hope you enjoy the game this time around, and let me know what you think of it.
It won't fit on my iPad. Hoping the school upgrades that this summer as the one I have currently is actually below specs for the kids to have. And all my students will have one better than me next year at that point.

So, maybe if I get an upgraded one.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions! :D

-I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get better as the adventure continues. Like I said, before, my original copy is scratched, and I could never get much more than an hour in. I'm already well into new stuff!

-The characters are all really good so far. Vivi is still my favorite, though ;)

-Graphics are really cool looking, especially for the PS1. And it's a big improvement over FF7, the PS1 Final Fantasy game I've played the most.

-The cutscenes are actually really cool! I like how they look, and they look a lot better than some of the other animated cutscenes in games of that time (DragonWarriorVIIcoughFinalFantasyVIIcough).

-I still don't have the hang of the card battling game. It seems like it'll be fun to mess around with once I understand it more, but at the moment... I simply don't. :P

That's it for now! I just escaped the Evil Forest.

Edited by gooieooie
  • Upvote 3

Awesome, glad you're enjoying it gooie. It's a very captivating experience in only the first few hours. Disc 1 is one of the best parts of the game.

I have to agree on the graphics department. It's the best looking PS1 game in the entire PS1 library I've seen, and the amount of details on characters and backgrounds is very well done.

Wait until you reach the next major castle town. There you'll meet one of my favorites in the playable cast.

Hope you keep on loving the game.

Gooie, if you ever need any recommendations, let me know!

For what? :)

------------

Just got to the part where you have to give Garnet an alias. I was planning on doing what I usually do in RPGs; name the hero after myself, leave everyone else as default names- but "Dagger"? That's kinda dumb. :P Garnet's alias shall be "Garnet".

For what? :)

------------

Just got to the part where you have to give Garnet an alias. I was planning on doing what I usually do in RPGs; name the hero after myself, leave everyone else as default names- but "Dagger"? That's kinda dumb. :P Garnet's alias shall be "Garnet".

See, that's what I did too. I didn't like the idea of calling her Dagger, so she stuck with Garnet. No one will suspect a thing!

I guess that's a spoiler alert that I didn't go with the custom names idea in this playthrough. The seven character limit instead of eight killed the idea, and since this is only my second run I wanted everyone to keep their name (except Garnet staying Garnet because I sure ain't calling her Dagger just like I don't call Frederica "Ricky" in Etrian Odyssey Untold 1 despite the game claiming otherwise).

As for my progress, I'm up to the Festival of the Hunt. I forget what's the best order of areas to tackle to get first place, but I'll figure it out.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Nah. I'm finding it harder and harder to deviate from the default names nowadays compared to when I was younger. This isn't like Final Fantasy IV or VI where I'd play through the GBA version several times in succession and give everyone odd names.

My first files of FF4 and 6 had...interesting choices in names courtesy of a younger (and stupid) Yangus. Granted it's funny now, but all I can say is "what the hell was I thinking?"

Plus the whole "TastyBob doesn't fit in Vivi's name slot" really killed the custom name game. One of these TastyBob will return, perhaps in Dragon Quest VII 3DS IF there is an 8 character limit. Either that or TastyBob will have to become a guild member of mine in an EO game replay.

Yeah, I've started using default names more too (although I don't find it hard to not use them like you, I just choose not to :P ), but never for the hero; they're almost always named after me. My philosophy is that I'm the one adventuring, and I'm meeting brand new people on my adventure. :)

I was hoping for the Den member names though. :P Ah well, I'll be Goovivi in spirit. :> 

Edited by gooieooie

I have thought about doing a Den Guild in Etrian Odyssey, naming different classes after us. Stepchan would have a female portrait since he always has female profile pictures, DarkBaramos would be an offensive magic class to match with Baramos, I'd be a physical fighter, Platty the party tank, you (gooie) would be the support class who cheers the party on with buff skills, and so on.

• Upvote 1

I have thought about doing a Den Guild in Etrian Odyssey, naming different classes after us. Stepchan would have a female portrait since he always has female profile pictures, DarkBaramos would be an offensive magic class to match with Baramos, I'd be a physical fighter, Platty the party tank, you (gooie) would be the support class who cheers the party on with buff skills, and so on.

Ahahah, I guess those do fit each of us pretty good. :)

Ahahah, I guess those do fit each of us pretty good. :)
Eal would be the only one not included due to his complaining of having to dungeon crawl. :P Either that or make him a Farmer.

Edit: Guess it only took a few mentions of EO to have eal show up. Gosh, he sure does show up a lot when it's brought up. :P