What RPG's are you currently playing?

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Posted Images

Just spent no joke, 45 minutes on a Quarry fight in Rogue Galaxy. This optional boss is the only thing that has given me a challenge in the game so far yet. I think I was technically under leveled to fight him, but I had max on all healing items in my inventory and had my AI set on "All Out" mode and went to town on the boss. It was brutal because most of his attacks hit you for one point less than your max HP, so dodging was highly important. The points alone from him got me a few ranks on the hunters chart so now I'm at rank 14 of 100. Getting close to the top ten slots and then it will get tricky!

• Upvote 1

I hate just about everything in FF 8.  It has a great opening movie sequence and then goes down hill from there. 

...Whatever.

(It's a reference joke.)

Is it a reference to Squall?  That seems like the kind of thing that annoying emo kid would say.  The characters and the junction system were what I hated the most.  Dragon Quest is about taking your nameless hero and exploring and experiencing the world around you, to have you experience it for yourself in a way.  FF evolved into a game more about experiencing the story and characters they dished out to you.  So when that aspect fails, the game fails hard.  I was annoyed by about every character in the game.  There's the Squall the sulking emo, the weird punk obsessed with hot dogs, super annoyingly happy girl, and the wuss of a sniper who can't take the shot.  Like Rinoa, the rest were just blah boring.  The only sequences I enjoyed at all were the Laguana scenes.  

The battle system is total shite.  Junctioning involved boring repetitive actions at it's finest.  I can't decided if FF 2's leveling system is just as bad or worse.  FF 7's limit break system was awesome.  You build up your bar as you get damaged and then unleash it.  In 8, it only becomes available if you're almost dead.  So I almost never got to use it.  Yay!

The only interesting part about this game for me is that I rushed it through it so quickly, I was completely unprepared for the final boss.  I beat her the first time but it came down to only Squall being alive with around 100 hp by the time it was over.  One more action from her and I would have been dead.  It was the most epic boss battle I've ever had with the exception of the final post game bonus boss in the first Parasite Eve.  Usually I don't play through games I don't like but it was Final Fantasy.  I had loved every FF game I had played up until that point.  I think I was in shell shock and kept thinking it might get better.           

Edited by Pendy

I would abuse the limit break system in FF8 by having a character almost dead and then use a Hero Drink making them invincible for several rounds so I could unleash their special several times in a row with zero repercussion.

I'm definitely starting to get OP for Rogue Galaxy. I finished up the Hunting Log in Vedan last night so now I'm back to Rosa, so a new hunting log is available! Ghost Dogs from the Vedan Mines took me forever. 1.5 hours to find 10 of those guys. That was ridiculous, but I am rolling in the Zehn and XP now.

• Upvote 1

Just passed the chapter in which you make the decision to side with Nohr in Conquest. They tried really hard to make you know that Nohr is terrible and that only a nitwit would possibly go with such evil people. Oops.

Just passed the chapter in which you make the decision to side with Nohr in Conquest. They tried really hard to make you know that Nohr is terrible and that only a nitwit would possibly go with such evil people. Oops.

So it's right up your alley, eh?

King Garon and his servant Iago are actively evil and I have no clue how any of his children can justify going along with his cruel intentions when they themselves are so nice. It's so weird that Intelligent Systems went out of their way to make the Nohrians out to be horrible monsters yet Corrin's siblings are so kind. I almost feel like a plot twist is coming soon.

I almost feel like a plot twist is coming soon.

Well...

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD because I looked up the back story for the game. Click at your own risk:

King Garon is being controlled by an ancient God/demon. He's been dead for a long time, but was a good guy in life despite his many lovers. He did care about all his children, but sometime after his death he became a pawn for said ancient God/demon.

I spent months avoiding spoilers and I'm not gonna stop now.

It's actually not as hard as I suspected. I'm only through with Chapter 8 so I guess it could intensify, but right now I'm clearing chapters without a fatality (aside from units that I won't ever use again because they're Hosidans) and I even picked up who can only be described as female Donnel (weak villager with very high potential for growth) in a paralogue chapter.

Started doing the factory stuff in Rogue Galaxy last night. I have just over half the blue prints now and I've made most of them. I'm really hoping to find all of them since a couple are the Legendary Seven Star Swords. I also completed the hunting log for Chapter 7 which was less than 10 monsters, but one specific monster showed up once every 20 battles or so, and I needed to kill 20 of them. That was a slog, but I did it. I've made it up to Rank 14 on the hunter's board too. I'm closing in on the top spot, thankfully so within the next few chapters I'll be in the #1 spot and have a costume for Jaster because of it. My whole party is now mid 50s, I'm officially OP for the game. I had one of those "Don't die, but you can't win" boss battles and I barely had to do anything before it was over in the minute you have to survive. I'm probably gonna spend today hunting down some of the optional Quarries so that I can at least gain a few more ranks in the Hunter Rainking, but at this point I need lots of points to advance.

Got Platinum in Trails of Cold Steel last night, also got Rean to 80+ for the best carry-over bonus into Cold Steel II later this year.

Got Platinum in Trails of Cold Steel last night, also got Rean to 80+ for the best carry-over bonus into Cold Steel II later this year.

So what's next Tiael? Gonna go back into Legend of Legacy?

I'm currently working on another Classic Expert run in Untold 2. I managed to get 100% in everything, but in order to complete the guild card I have to NG+ into Classic from my Story Mode file and complete Classic. Luckily this gives me the chance to finally use the Highlander, and appropriately I've named him, the guild, and the cafe after Scottish names.

Remains to be seen.

Been thinking EO.

My cafe is McEtrians. Nothing says fast food after dungeon crawling like McEtrians. And now they serve breakfast all day!

Damn it, now you've got me thinking what food you can create there would be considered breakfast! Maybe some of the bug dishes...?

Anyway, my cafes have been called Regina's (story), Ratatouis (Classic with EO1 party) , and Edinburgh (new Classic run).

Also, I've been trying to think of a good Scottish name for my Beast party member. I've figured that the Beast (or wolf to be precise) is the Highlander's faithful pet, but I can't come up with a good name for the wolf. So far I have Fangul for his name, but it just doesn't click.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I entered the Leo King Ruins in Rogue Galaxy. Trying to finish the hunting log in there is tough. I hate the enemies where you have to jump into the air to hit a high point to do damage. That makes fights drag out since they are immune to AoE attacks that way. I have a couple left, then the boss for the zone. That will then be one of the three key pieces I need to unlock the great tablet. This chapter will be a long one. Once I get to Gladius tower, it will get absolutely insane. This play through though I am ready since I'm already above the recommended level for the area. I just should probably synthesize some better weapons for everyone. 

At this point I feel like I should make a topic for this alone so I stop crudding up this thread with my progress posts.

Edited by Bururian
  • Upvote 1

haha, thanks for that vote of confidence. I've been playing it pretty much every day since the day I got it. 2+ hours every day, but it's eating away at all my free time and I just hit 35 hours and I still have over half the chapter to do, then 5 more chapters after it and some optional stuff I wanted to do as well. I know that if I stop playing for too long I'll put the game down and forget about it because I'm really prone to doing that with games. I almost have to keep full steam at stuff if I want to finish a game.

• Upvote 1

I faced my first hard blow in Fates: Conquest. Chapter 17 plays against my usual tactics of keeping my units close by instead forcing them into a cave with limited mobility and space. I played it a few times but always dropped the ball eventually. I decided to try one more time and by the end I lost an important spoilery character, Camilla, and Keaton already. Heavy hitters. In the case of Keaton, it was an especially tough blow because I was looking forward to getting his daughter as well since Wolfskin are essentially replacements for the Taugel. This boss couldn't be killed without 100% losing another of the siblings. His attacks deal huge damage and he attacks twice. The only way to do it was to point a unit that uses bows at him. I ended up grinding out a win, but I stacked my losses high in exchange.

Currently at the 2nd stratum with the Calmacht guild in Untold 2. Progress has been going smoothly and much MUCH easier than my last Expert run with my EO1 party.

The Highlander is just as strong of a class as it was in Untold 1.

Oh, and I finally thought of a name for my Beast/wolf: Fergus. No idea if the Scottish would actually name their dogs this, but eh, I like it.

Bought Fantasy Life the other day and I gotta say, it's really addictive. I'm taking my time with the story so I can try the different Lifes.and gather/create supplies.

Awesome. That was my sleeper surprise of last year. Thought I'd enjoy it, but not 100+ hours of love! As it began I thought I might try out half to 8 of the jobs. I ended up getting 4 or 5 jobs to the absolute max in post game after buying the DLC land. The other ones are 2nd highest, still higher than you can get without DLC I think. Probably another 5 or so hours and I could have 100% the game.