What RPG's are you currently playing?

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

Posted Images

Playing DQMSL and DQ VIII on Android.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Currently shifted to Lost Dimension on the PS3. Anyone else playing that one? I'll elaborate for those who haven't heard of this latest Atlus gem.

Currently shifted to Lost Dimension on the PS3. Anyone else playing that one? I'll elaborate for those who haven't heard of this latest Atlus gem.

I heard about it. Was even planning on getting it for my Vita. I love the traitor gimmick.

You and Yangus both!
YES. I've been passing the time with Untold 1, trying (and that's a very key word) to get through the rest of the 6th stratum for the heck of it, but...that place is evil, man. Pure evil. And yet I love it. Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Lost Dimension is my game until I get at least one ending, then I may return to Etrian Untold, and prepare to play Untold 2 at a later date.

You and Yangus both!
YES. I've been passing the time with Untold 1, trying (and that's a very key word) to get through the rest of the 6th stratum for the heck of it, but...that place is evil, man. Pure evil. And yet I love it.

Haha, I can only do the sixth stratum on Normal. Expert was murderous and I eventually gave in.

• Upvote 1

I've gone through all of Story on normal, and I can only imagine the hell of Expert 6th stratum.

Having said that, I have tried playing some of it in my EO1 DS file, and...well, eep. I can't tell if the original or Untold's version of the Claret Hollows is worse, as both are mind numbingly annoying. Worst enemies are the blood cells by far.

Defeated the Kraken in FF1. For some reason he took aim at my Black Wizard in the first round(who survived, but.... ouch!!!).

Next stop is Tiamat.

• Upvote 1

Final Fantasy is beaten. Seriously, the DoS version is very quick to beat. I only spent a little over 15 and 1/2 hours on it.

• Upvote 2

Like we kept saying, they made it easy as all get out. Really wish they had put in the dual option of the PS1 version where you could either play the original or new difficulty.

You will get a challenge out of the 3rd bonus dungeons bosses, though, which include both Shinryu and Omega from FFV.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

That said, I'm glad a few things were toned down here and there. Mind Flayer/Sorceror, seriously... Those things should go play on a busy highway or wander into a mine field for all I care.

There was one programmer on the first game, so it would explain so many of the imbalances(as well as bugs such as the spells that don't work) on the original. But the Sorcerors in the original were just too cheap with direct attacks that can cause an insta-kill(which seemed to have a good success rate) combined by the fact they were part of the random encounters in the Ice Cavern.

I understand why they have that sort of ability, since they are based on the Illithids(which have psionic abilities and which are inspired by Cthuhlu mythos) from the Dungeons and Dragons series(Final Fantasy takes alot of it's inspiration from the D&D series, they had to change the sprite of the Beholder enemy for US release).

Illithids are called Mind Flayers for a reason, they use their tentacle like mouths to drill into the skull of their prey and draw out their brains to eat, thus the insta-kill in the game.

• 2 months later...

Well, I've had about 15 hours of a love/hate relationship with Dragon Age Inquisition on the PS3, first I had a horrible character build, then when I started with a new build the game started freezing like crazy for some reason.

I'm going to throw the game back on the shelf for a bit and start a new campaign in Fallout 3. I am also playing Shining Soul II for GBA and I have to say I am quite impressed, though my playtime is incredibly lacking.

Well, I've had about 15 hours of a love/hate relationship with Dragon Age Inquisition on the PS3, first I had a horrible character build, then when I started with a new build the game started freezing like crazy for some reason.

I'm going to throw the game back on the shelf for a bit and start a new campaign in Fallout 3. I am also playing Shining Soul II for GBA and I have to say I am quite impressed, though my playtime is incredibly lacking.

I had an issue with the game where the text would not load into to the game. It was the strangest thing, or all items would show up named as their ID_TAG, and not the actual name of the item. It was frustrating because it would happen every other time and would require a reboot (or several) to fix the issue.

Currently playing Hyperdimension Neptunia MK2. Will play Trails in the Sky SC really really soon.  :D

FFXIV, Tales of Zestiria, Dragon Quest Heroes, The Legend of Legacy, and replaying The Legend of Heroes Trails in the Sky FC for max BP to use in SC.

Dang, Tiael, you're a busy guy with all dem vid gams.

I really need to get back to Legend of Legacy...and Chrono Cross...and probably Radiant Historia...and my classic expert Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 file....

• 2 weeks later...

Such a bad port of such a great game. I played it that way too unfortunately.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk