What RPG's are you currently playing?

You'd better order Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 while you're at it Platty. The game comes out on August 4th, and it's going to have a number of free DLC for about a week with each release (mind that it's not all of the DLC that's free). Even if you don't start it right away, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the game sooner then later and download the free stuff to your SD card.

Damn. I'm still pissed at the DLC I've gotten for free from Atlus. The SMTIV crap was... Well, crap. Quests to collect those easy to find life stones that got me white Samurai wear. Meh. And the $#!& that I just picked up from Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon again was Bleh. Just a couple quests that didn't really offer much. I did a couple and promptly didn't care to do the others.

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 is going to be a fall purchase. Got Persona Q to take a couple months of time and then DQVI in that time period too. And then probably Strange Journey before I go Etrian Odysseying again.

Not that I'm saying what you haven't already heard but the issue with Q is it's like starting a book halfway through.

It doesn't really lean on the plot of either game but it assumes you're aware of it and the world surrounding it.

On the bright side, maybe playing Q will make you want to play 3 and 4.

Won't discount that, but my console gaming days are just about done. And I don't have or won't buy a PSP or Vita.

Stupid mail didn't contain Persona Q today. I saved like $8 buying a used one on Amazon instead of using Prime. Oh well, it'll be here in a day or two. Will play some more DQIX until then.

You ARE getting a PS4 for Dragon Quest Heroes and Persona 5 comes out shortly after for the same system.

And I wouldn't discount a Vita. It's battery life is insane and it charges incredibly fast. It's also home to many Atlus Vita titles (one came out recently/is coming out soon but I can't remember the title) and many other RPGs. PlayStation TV plays Vita games on the TV at half the price as well.

I can't afford a PS4. It's going to be a purchase, play and beat DQH in a month and then sell it kinda deal.
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Posted Images

You'd better order Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 while you're at it Platty. The game comes out on August 4th, and it's going to have a number of free DLC for about a week with each release (mind that it's not all of the DLC that's free). Even if you don't start it right away, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the game sooner then later and download the free stuff to your SD card.

Damn. I'm still pissed at the DLC I've gotten for free from Atlus. The SMTIV crap was... Well, crap. Quests to collect those easy to find life stones that got me white Samurai wear. Meh. And the $#!& that I just picked up from Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon again was Bleh. Just a couple quests that didn't really offer much. I did a couple and promptly didn't care to do the others.

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 is going to be a fall purchase. Got Persona Q to take a couple months of time and then DQVI in that time period too. And then probably Strange Journey before I go Etrian Odysseying again.

Not that I'm saying what you haven't already heard but the issue with Q is it's like starting a book halfway through.

It doesn't really lean on the plot of either game but it assumes you're aware of it and the world surrounding it.

On the bright side, maybe playing Q will make you want to play 3 and 4.

Won't discount that, but my console gaming days are just about done. And I don't have or won't buy a PSP or Vita.

Stupid mail didn't contain Persona Q today. I saved like $8 buying a used one on Amazon instead of using Prime. Oh well, it'll be here in a day or two. Will play some more DQIX until then.

You ARE getting a PS4 for Dragon Quest Heroes and Persona 5 comes out shortly after for the same system.

And I wouldn't discount a Vita. It's battery life is insane and it charges incredibly fast. It's also home to many Atlus Vita titles (one came out recently/is coming out soon but I can't remember the title) and many other RPGs. PlayStation TV plays Vita games on the TV at half the price as well.

I can't afford a PS4. It's going to be a purchase, play and beat DQH in a month and then sell it kinda deal.

Awesome

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just ordered Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 from amazon. This will be the first Monsters game I've played since the GBC. I'm pretty excited.

• Upvote 2

Usually can't go wrong with Studio Ghibli and it seems like a really well thought out RPG.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

I haven't played DQM 2, but I played the first one and enjoyed it quite a bit.

As for me, I feel like I'm about 2 hours from finishing DWM. Though I'm sad it will be over, its a good thing. I need to get some time in with DQ VIII, and I am seriously considering getting a 3DS, as I am very due for a new system.

Edited by cprmauldin
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Decided to replay DQIX since I haven't played it in many years now. Just got past the Wight Knight and am currently in Coffinwell. Seriously, overleveled a bit (which tends to happen, as I like to get the best equipment possible before moving on -- this has been my thing since the very first game in the series). For my three other party members I made a: Warrior, Priest and Mage. All in the mid-to-low teens level wise. It's amazing how much I forgot since replaying this game. A lot of fun! Enjoying it a lot on my New 3DS XL since my old DSLite died on me sometime back. Figured it was time to upgrade some my old DS wasn't even an XL.

• Upvote 1

So what happens if you restart DQ9, do you lose all the DLC stuff? Because you can't download it anymore...

Yeah, it goes bye bye if you restart the game. The only way to get the DLC now is via tagging someone who has it already. If you have a cart with the DLC content then I'd recommend keeping it. If you want to start over... maybe buy a new DQIX cart? That way you can tag your other cart for the DLC. If you don't want to do that then you can use services provided on this forum to unlock most of it. Liamland's Tagging Service over in the Dragon Quest IX boards is a good choice.

That game was a disappointment for me. It feels like it tried to be an action RPG and a Animal Crossing type game, but it felt incomplete at both of those. Couldn't go all the way through it.

Just picked up Fantasy Life, I regret not getting it sooner.

120 hours of my life was sunk into that. It. Is. Amazing.

And I'm going to get all lives fully done! Maybe. One day.

Fantasy Life is quality. 200hrs. It's really great. I think you're missing something, but if you really don't like it then... alright.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm starting up a Final Fantasy 1 playthrough on Dawn of Souls.

Will be using a Warrior/Red Mage/White Mage/Black Mage combination.

• Upvote 1

Astos is beaten(Got lucky on my first try too, Death didn't work on my White Mage). Got the Mystic Key and backtracked for all the items behind locked doors.

Something I noticed is that my party levels pretty quick in this game. Is it natural for me to be at level 19 before I even get to the Earth Fiend(Or the town before that for that matter)?

Admittedly, I was getting my party's spells as well(although I didn't bother the start on buying level 4 spells until after I defeated Astos). Having to buy spells for three magic users definitely adds to the grind, although I will be playing it safe on the lv5 and lv6 spells, since those are the lowest level spell lists with spells here and there that aren't available until the class upgrade.

I am not looking forward to the volcano and ice cavern.

Oh yeah, you level up quickly in the GBA remake, though I'm not sure if the increased exp/gold drops were added to the PS1 version or to the GBA version. Either way, you get gold and exp quite quickly.

Oh yeah, you level up quickly in the GBA remake, though I'm not sure if the increased exp/gold drops were added to the PS1 version or to the GBA version. Either way, you get gold and exp quite quickly.

Which I always hated. I try to get to the Class promotion as low LV as possible to min/max my people's growth but the GBA/PSP version make that rather difficult. In order to do so you usually have to some major game exploiting. >0

The amount of time I am getting to play these days is sad. However, I did finally beat DWM. It was an awesome game, but I have to say the grinding got quite tedious at the end.

Now I'm trying to decide what to devote my attention to next. I've got a big backlog, but I am really craving a new game. Maybe even a new system. The New 3DSXL looks pretty sweet.

• Upvote 1

Which I always hated. I try to get to the Class promotion as low LV as possible to min/max my people's growth but the GBA/PSP version make that rather difficult. In order to do so you usually have to some major game exploiting. >0

I remember the PS1 version, which I believe was like the NES version in experience growth(It also had the Intelligence stat bug intact, something the DoS version thankfully lacks).

And it's more of an experience reduction than a boost as well as equipment and such being abit cheaper in the DoS version.

On a side note, I just learned that the game limits what spells you can learn by a magic level. I tried giving my Red Mage Firaga(The one spell I knew I wanted on him), but the game said my magic level was too low. I checked the stats, my Red Mage is currently magic level 4(Both my White and Black Mages are at 5 currently).

This will reduce my grind for a little bit, as I don't have as much use for new spells on the Red Mage(outside of Curaga and Firaga at 5, the other spell I want he needs to be a Red Wizard to learn, level 6 and 7 require him to promoted no matter what).

On a different note, one thing I really like about the DoS version is that it's easier to deal with knowing about what chests are duplicates.

I've beaten the Earth and Fire Fiends in FF1 DoS.

Next is an area I really, really dread: The Ice Cavern.

Anyone who has beaten the NES version definitely knows what I'm talking about, as it contains four particularly deadly enemies: Two that cast instant death spells(Evil Eye, Dark Wizards), one that can inflict stone status(Cockatrices) and lastly the most dreaded enemy in there, which can cause instant death through it's physical attacks(Mindflayers).

*Sigh*

Apparently, either the Mindflayers are a fixed encounter in there, or I got lucky(I ran into them in the same exact place twice).

I've obtained the Airship and got everyone's class upgraded, which happened at level 34. I hope that's not too high(not that I'm really trying for a min/max scenario, but the lower the better even for a normal vanilla playthrough).

My next plan is to grind for equipment upgrades and if the Red Wizard gets his magic level 7 boost, get his strongest attack spell. I could also get him Nuldeath for the heck of it, but the Protective Rings and Ribbons do the same job.

Edited by Stepchan
  • Upvote 1