What RPG's are you currently playing?

Do Fire Emblem Awakening. You can turn off perma-death and set it to easy and you can just coast through the story. It's a fun SRPG.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Posted Images

I've actually had a copy of DeSu 2 (original DS version) sitting on my shelf since it released. I've been waiting to play through 1 before starting it, but it could be awhile (4 years) since I got the DS version.

Overclocked does have an easy mode too, and what I might do is just restart. I liked what I played of DeSu 1, but I just don't think the gameplay clicked with me.

Currently replaying The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky via Steam. I own the game for the PSP and played it when it first came out and really, really enjoyed the game. Replaying the Steam version because XSEED is supposed to release Trails in the Sky Second Chapter later this summer (hopefully!). Just got done with the Prologue at 8 hours and entered the city of Bose. Will start up the main story again once I talk with some of the NPCs and look at my Orbments and the like. Trails in the Sky gets :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  from me!

Made a good bit of progress in DDS1. I've made it through the Citadel (base for the Solids tribe), witnessed the death of poor Jinana at my own hands (though at least now Argilla will say something besides "Jinana!" every 5 seconds), had Gale join the team, and am on the hunt to find Sera after her kidnapping.

I find that one of my team mates, Heat, is kind of funny. He's so damn "ARGHALBLARGAL" and always angry now. I think he just needs a hug...

Soon I'll be in the middle of three different versions of DQVI... I wonder which I'll beat first?

Also, though technically not an RPG, I've been hard at work on the translation patch for Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy in Fortune Street Special.

• Upvote 2

Good luck with that.  My wife and I will playing that a lot once you finish it.  Still on DQ V.  I'm in Nadiria now. 

I just beat King Godwyn 2nd form in 4 turns in DQIX. Oomph'd Life Fource'd Wolf Whistle obliterated him. Literally did 1500 damage each hit.

• Upvote 1

Almost done with SMTIV. Beat the "final boss" and didn't take the nothing ending. Working through the Law ending. Getting lost, but 2 of 4 of those white jerks are dead.

I'm replaying Marie no Atelier (The PSX version)  and Golden Sun 2 (Easily my favourite RPG of all time) and still chugging along on Record of Agarest War (US), which will take a good 80+ more hours.

Almost done with SMTIV. Beat the "final boss" and didn't take the nothing ending. Working through the Law ending. Getting lost, but 2 of 4 of those white jerks are dead.

THOU HAST SIDED WITH THE ALMIGHTY YHVH AND THE 4 ANGELS! A pox on thee, ye of Plattym faith...

Good luck Platty. Finding the White can be tough, but once you figure out the warps it's as easy as pie.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

THOU HAST SIDED WITH THE ALMIGHTY YHVH AND THE 4 ANGELS! A pox on thee, ye of Plattym faith...

Good luck Platty. Finding the White can be tough, but once you figure out the warps it's as easy as pie.

Have you tried to make pie? I can cook damn well, but baking. Forget it. Rolling the dough evening is my nemesis.

Went to dinner and the park, walked the dog. Now sitting in front of TV watching some bone head goalkeeping by the Lightning.

Turning on the 3DS to finish this off.

I like Law. Status quo, that's me!

Have you tried to make pie? I can cook damn well, but baking. Forget it. Rolling the dough evening is my nemesis.

Went to dinner and the park, walked the dog. Now sitting in front of TV watching some bone head goalkeeping by the Lightning.

Turning on the 3DS to finish this off.

I like Law. Status quo, that's me!

Guess you'll have fun with Strange Journey then. The bosses all HATE it when you choose the Law options. There responses are pretty funny in my opinion.

• Upvote 1

Okay, EO3 finished. We'll try getting our hands on SMT: Strange Journey.

YEEEEEEES. Let's all go on a Strange Journey together!

• Upvote 1

Strange Journey was way too fulfilling; I enjoyed it more than Nocturne.

But yeah, I also pick Law in SMT games :|

I just had a gaming hiatus that lasted a little less than a month. Finally broke it tonight with two and a half hours of DQ VIII. Still in the very beginning. I'm doing a run with Hero using fisticuffs, so I'm making leveling a big focus.

Now to get some time in with DWM...

• Upvote 1

It may be a while. I ordered Persona Q. Should arrive today.

Yes, Yangus, I know I won't get a lot of the dialogue and jokes! I know I know! Haha, I just had to do it!

Oh, and I'm writing this while damn Lucifer (attempt 2) does some long ass transformation...

It may be a while. I ordered Persona Q. Should arrive today.

Yes, Yangus, I know I won't get a lot of the dialogue and jokes! I know I know! Haha, I just had to do it!

Oh, and I'm writing this while damn Lucifer (attempt 2) does some long ass transformation...

Alright...but you better bloody well still play Strange Journey...

The jokes you'll get fine, it's some characters and their stories you may not. Persona Q is notorious for really exaggerating a few characters and their personalities, with the biggest offenders being P3's Akihiko and P4's Teddie. All I'll say is that while these two do act this way in their games of origin, it's nowhere near the levels of how PQ paints them, especially Teddie.

I will! I definitely want to play it after Q. I'd already ordered Persona Q to be shipped up to the vacation house last week. My mom hasn't checked the PO Box this week at all, so after church we'll head there.

I have family coming in around noon today and much of the next month will have 8-10 of us in the house. Won't be relaxing on the porch with my 3DS as much as I did last summer.

But, my 6am-8am video game time in bed should still be good!

Oh, and one final fusion made Lucifer battle #2 a victory. Long live the Eastern Kingdom of Mikado.

Not that I'm saying what you haven't already heard but the issue with Q is it's like starting a book halfway through.

It doesn't really lean on the plot of either game but it assumes you're aware of it and the world surrounding it.

On the bright side, maybe playing Q will make you want to play 3 and 4.

Not that I'm saying what you haven't already heard but the issue with Q is it's like starting a book halfway through.

It doesn't really lean on the plot of either game but it assumes you're aware of it and the world surrounding it.

Won't discount that, but my console gaming days are just about done. And I don't have or won't buy a PSP or Vita.

Stupid mail didn't contain Persona Q today. I saved like $8 buying a used one on Amazon instead of using Prime. Oh well, it'll be here in a day or two. Will play some more DQIX until then.

You'd better order Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 while you're at it Platty. The game comes out on August 4th, and it's going to have a number of free DLC for about a week with each release (mind that it's not all of the DLC that's free). Even if you don't start it right away, it wouldn't be a bad idea to get the game sooner then later and download the free stuff to your SD card.

• Upvote 1

Won't discount that, but my console gaming days are just about done. And I don't have or won't buy a PSP or Vita.

Stupid mail didn't contain Persona Q today. I saved like $8 buying a used one on Amazon instead of using Prime. Oh well, it'll be here in a day or two. Will play some more DQIX until then.

You ARE getting a PS4 for Dragon Quest Heroes and Persona 5 comes out shortly after for the same system.

And I wouldn't discount a Vita. It's battery life is insane and it charges incredibly fast. It's also home to many Atlus Vita titles (one came out recently/is coming out soon but I can't remember the title) and many other RPGs. PlayStation TV plays Vita games on the TV at half the price as well.