What RPG's are you currently playing?

Made it to the start of chapter 2 of Yakuza Like a Dragon. Wasn’t too big of a fan of how cutscene heavy chapter 1 was, but I was liking some of the story bits. Mainly, I was interested in Boss Arakawa’s story when he and Ichiban were walking around. To quote Ichiban: “He’s such a badass!” Because indeed, Boss Arakawa is one cool guy.

I’m hoping Chapter 2 will start giving me more opportunities to explore and battle. I want to keep messing with the battle system, dang it! I like the story, but please game, more fights and explorin’!

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Shameless plug for Dark Cloud while we’re talking PS2 games 😋

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

Posted Images

On 3/1/2021 at 2:13 AM, Branny said:

Oh yeah! I actually still have my copy of the demo disc I got from Kmarts(like walmarts) so many years ago and was so excited to play it. I remember seeing that it was out a few weeks and freaked and went to buy it and the store was all out. I was so frustrated and had to rent it till it was restocked. 

But I played the crap out of the game and loved every moment. I'm a big rpg collector and back then I was really cutting my teeth on some great titles. 

23 hours ago, Ice Dragon 19 said:

Nice! I only have DQ8 on PS2 for now and i love it, i've always loved PS2 games as they always bring me back to my childhood

Oh yeah, PS2 was, and still is, one of the best systems in terms of RPG libraries.

I have made a lot of progress in Dark Souls 2. I am at the final boss, but I decided to tackle the DLC first. I am working on the Crown of the Sunken King and I really like it so far. If only all the areas in Dark Souls 2 was this good. I am using a dual wield Greatsword build. Power stance in this game is super fun. Love the damage output. If this game is going to gimp parries that much, I might as well go with it. Honestly, power stance is the best thing about Dark Souls 2. I just wish it wasn't exclusive to this game.

• Like 1

I’ve been too tired after work to focus on Persona 5 Strikers, so I’ve relegated it to a weekend game, where I’ve been able to devote more time an energy to it. You can’t just pick it up and play for an hour or two, the story asks too much of you.

Let me tell you, sometimes real life can be a real drag. Sometimes you need to escape into a fantasy...life. You know, where you can be anything you want to be, like a tailor or a cook or an alchemist or something. Boy, wouldn’t that just fill me with Bliss. I should see if there are any games that check off those boxes. Maybe on, say, the 3DS? Haven’t played many games on that lately.

• Like 2
I’ve been too tired after work to focus on Persona 5 Strikers, so I’ve relegated it to a weekend game, where I’ve been able to devote more time an energy to it. You can’t just pick it up and play for an hour or two, the story asks too much of you.
Let me tell you, sometimes real life can be a real drag. Sometimes you need to escape into a fantasy...life. You know, where you can be anything you want to be, like a tailor or a cook or an alchemist or something. Boy, wouldn’t that just fill me with Bliss. I should see if there are any games that check off those boxes. Maybe on, say, the 3DS? Haven’t played many games on that lately.
Please please please tell me you're about to dedicate 100+ hours of your life to... Fantasy!

On to chapter 3 of Yakuza: Like a Dragon. Got to experience a multi man party for awhile in chapter 2, and got to fight the Captain of the Arakawa Clan in a one on one battle. Pretty satisfying to beat that guy up considering how he treated poor Ichiban.

The game does a nice job showing how life changed so much between the early 2000s to 2019. Ichiban was understandably confused by smart phones, the new look his town had, the internet being used so much more, and so on. Shame the poor guy had to deal with that on top of the story beats of chapter 2.

One thing I’m finding hard to do in combat is the perfect guard system. You’re supposed to hit circle (on PS4) right when the enemy attacks to help decrease the damage, but I swear even when I hit the circle button when the attack connects, the perfect guard doesn’t happen all the time. Maybe this will get easier the more I play, but I wish there was a bit more leniency on the button press. Not a huge amount, mind, just a bit more.

Anyway, found out that Boss Arakawa is voiced by George Takei, which was cool to find out. There were times when the voice sounded like one I had heard before, but I wasn’t expecting ol’ Georgie boy. He does a good job changing his voice just enough that it’s not instantly recognizable. Really, all the VA work has been great so far.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Please please please tell me you're about to dedicate 100+ hours of your life to... Fantasy!

Well, so far an hour and a half of my life, at least.

• Like 1
On 3/2/2021 at 7:35 PM, eal said:

NNK Remastered is my Weekend game at the moment. During the work week it’s almost all Portable Play.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

NNK Remastered is my Weekend game at the moment. During the work week it’s almost all Portable Play.

For me, the difference was instantly recognizable. I put in a good 6 hours just on Sunday after deciding to dedicate Saturday to Spider-Man. Compared to the maybe hour and a half to two hours without focus during weekdays.

I picked up Doom & Destiny Advanced on my Switch, and Dragon Quest 4 on my new phone.

Sadly, I lost a lot of content from my old gaming gmail, including DQ1-6. I've rebought bought 1-3, and now 4. 

14 hours ago, eal said:

For me, the difference was instantly recognizable. I put in a good 6 hours just on Sunday after deciding to dedicate Saturday to Spider-Man. Compared to the maybe hour and a half to two hours without focus during weekdays.

Wow! Good for you! This weekend wasn’t the best for playtime as I had a bunch of other crap going on, but I did squeeze some NNK here and there.

The first boss of Persona 5 Strikers was incredibly tough and I figured out why. First off all, you don’t need to be wasting SP on an elemental attack when certain heavy attacks can deal elemental damage to their shields. Second, I had Sophia benched because her stats are average and her Persona? didn’t have any particularly useful skills. Turns out she’s your healer and she learns a ton after you level her up a bit. Also, the bosses are themed towards a specific party member’s strength. The first boss relates to Ann (the second with Yusuke, etc.), so you know who you should have on your team for type advantages. With all this in mind, I was able to steamroll through the second boss.

• Like 2

Finished up the mian quest ON Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity tonight with my son. Almost 40 hours. Hilarious as my mom had nothing else to do here at the vacation house so sat and watched us win and provided unasked for commentary the whole time. Now my sons are bound and determined to 100% the game as to right a sad wrong that happened near the end. Basically the motivation to clear out the other 100+ sidequests is Act 3 DQXI adjacent. We'll see if that really happens. Went to jack the difficulty back up to normal after we won only to find I'd had it on normal all along. Wow, guess we got gud on muosu the past year plus. 1ded38a2222433d7f05803dba405321e.jpg

It’s a nice little post game adventure! Plus, the final bonus you unlock is a lot of fun! :)

• Like 1
It’s a nice little post game adventure! Plus, the final bonus you unlock is a lot of fun!
Is it a new character?
2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
7 hours ago, Bluestar said:
It’s a nice little post game adventure! Plus, the final bonus you unlock is a lot of fun! emoji4.png

Is it a new character?

It is! A very good one at that!

• Like 1

It’s Tingle, the strongest character in the game. Get ready to kill enemies with balloons and confetti.

• Like 1
It’s Tingle, the strongest character in the game. Get ready to kill enemies with balloons and confetti.
It better be Linkle. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go spoil myself on this, screw it.
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

It better be Linkle. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go spoil myself on this, screw it. emoji1787.png

What? You never spoil stuff for yourself. That’s unlike you.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

It better be Linkle. As a matter of fact, I'm going to go spoil myself on this, screw it. emoji1787.png

Erm.... the new character is exactly who you'd expect it to be from the goal of the post game quest.

• Like 1
What? You never spoil stuff for yourself. That’s unlike you.
I'm trying something new. New year, new me!

Dude wished me Happy New Year last week as I was checking out at a store. I just said thanks, but the person behind me mentioned it was March. The original guy said, SO What, what other holidays do we have going?
  • Like 1

Hah... I totally missed Yangus's prediction that the character was Tingle. That must be why I was so confused that you wanted Linkle to be the bonus character. 

• Like 2
Erm.... the new character is exactly who you'd expect it to be from the goal of the post game quest.
So true. Yeah, that's expected.
  • Like 1
31 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm trying something new. New year, new me!

emoji12.png Dude wished me Happy New Year last week as I was checking out at a store. I just said thanks, but the person behind me mentioned it was March. The original guy said, SO What, what other holidays do we have going?

The most important holiday, Groundhog Day. And only because it also happens to be my half birthday that day. 🤣

And then tomorrow we have Saint Patrick’s Day. Don’t forget to wear your green!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 2

Finally made enough progress to post about:

NNK Remastered: 

I helped fairy larvae be born and made my way to a Steampunk type town. Ran into the dude who wants me to get familiars for him so I guess that’s the first side-quest I’ll tackle from this part of the world. 

Bravely Default:

Thanks to a fun side-plot I’ve now got both the thief and merchant as available jobs, though I won’t change till I master what we’ve currently got going on. And apparently, this side plot isn’t over.....

Digimon Cybersleuth:

My world is in ruins and I had to travel to a parallel world to fix it. Now I’m back in my world and trying to convince a bunch of super-strong Digimon to not to destroy the human world. I also continue to learn about the Digivolution and De-digivolution, which is helping me get the best mega-team possible. I’m currently rolling with two Megas, A vaccine and data type, with several desired Mega Digivolutions in the works.

• Like 2