What RPG's are you currently playing?

The big update for Bug Fables is live! Man, the devs really tweaked a lot about the game. Read through the full patch notes and was surprised and happy with a number of the changes they made. I’m glad they added in some new post game content too, which I’m currently doing. It’s great to revisit the game, and I may have to try starting a new file with one of the challenge codes activated just for the heck of it and see some more changes first hand.

https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2020/11/bug_fables_version_1_1_is_now_live_here_are_the_full_patch_notes

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, eal said:

Man, Bug Fables, Cat Quest. What’s next? Pigeon Tale?

ManBear Pig Fables

24 minutes ago, eal said:

What’s next? Pigeon Tale?

That already have that. It’s called Hatoful Boyfriend.

Also, holy #$*! is the new bonus boss fight in Bug Fables HARD. Man, I thought the post game boss fight before the update was difficult. This new boss...hoo boy. I did ok, but I got my butt handed to me, so I need to strategize and try again. Now it makes sense why the characters it relates to seemed so easy going throughout the entire game.

I’m happy for the challenge though, but the real question is...how does one fight the actual best new additional boss...?

spacer.png

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Podcast got called off because my WiFi & internet was out for a few hours. Put 3 hours into NNK2 instead. 3 hours of sidequests! Good fun, expanded my kingdom to level 2.

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

Podcast got called off because my WiFi & internet was out for a few hours. Put 3 hours into NNK2 instead. 3 hours of sidequests! Good fun, expanded my kingdom to level 2.

Covid has turned digital!

I knew the virus would mutate and destroy our WiFi

And on topic:

I'm playing Ragnarok DS and Pokemon Black.

I also just reinstalled Rogue Legacy, which I bought on Steam 5 years ago when someone at the Den recommended it

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Wes said:

Covid has turned digital!

I knew the virus would mutate and destroy our WiFi

And on topic:

I'm playing Ragnarok DS and Pokemon Black.

I also just reinstalled Rogue Legacy, which I bought on Steam 5 years ago when someone at the Den recommended it

Rogue Legacy was a lot of fun. I would probably say it is one of the best indie titles out there.

I heard Rogue Legacy 2 was pretty damn good too.

Got to play Digimon Cybersleuth, Pokemon Emerald, and Divinity Original Sin II today, albeit only for about half an hour each. 

Cybersleuth, I accidentally left it in rest mode instead of closing the software so now my save file is about 10 hours over what it should be, which oddly bugs me for some reason. But the Digimon on my farm were also training in the mean time, which felt like cheating, but I'll take it. Digivolved a ton of my Champions into Ultimates. I will truly avoid doing it again though. Like I said, feels like cheating. Anway, worked on Digivolving and grabbed a new quest, thats about it. 

Pokemon, grinding. 

DoS II,  SLOWLY figuring out the combat system and how to win battles. This game has a decent little challenge to it, which I'm looking forward to. That being said, I'm learning how to tackle each battle because thus far not a single battle has been easy. 

4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Wait. I don't need this emoji90.png-prince in my party! This changes NNK2 completely!

You didn’t know you could drop Evan from the party? Boy, you really don’t just explore through menus and options, do you? 🤣

Evan’s a good party member. His magic abilities can be pretty strong. What don’t you like about him?

You didn’t know you could drop Evan from the party? Boy, you really don’t just explore through menus and options, do you?
Evan’s a good party member. His magic abilities can be pretty strong. What don’t you like about him?
Men. U.
Me? Nu?
What is this word you say?

He's a kid. Over that trope. Give me adults! He's so ho-hum. He's my least favorite part of the game.
2 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Men. U.
Me? Nu?
What is this word you say?

He's a kid. Over that trope. Give me adults! He's so ho-hum. He's my least favorite part of the game.

I get it. I feel that way with a lot of the playable characters from the Persona games. They can get annoying.

I didn’t have a problem with Evan, but I can see where you’re coming from.

• Like 1

Also, really dislike the character design.
1. WTF hair! He has bangs! Ugh.
2. Cape. Bleh.
3. His shorts look too puffy. It's like a Seinfeld puffy shirt on his shorts.

I get it. I feel that way with a lot of the playable characters from the Persona games. They can get annoying.
I didn’t have a problem with Evan, but I can see where you’re coming from.
While we don't necessarily agree on Persona, I'm with you on that. I enjoy those games almost in spite of the characters. I still find it humorous that my favorite P4G character by a mile is Marie. The one not originally in the game!
4 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Also, really dislike the character design.
1. WTF hair! He has bangs! Ugh.
2. Cape. Bleh.
3. His shorts look too puffy. It's like a Seinfeld puffy shirt on his shorts.

His look reminded me of the young prince portrait from Etrian Odyssey 3.

spacer.png

Evan is royalty, so some of his design aspects make sense. Plus if you don’t like his default look there are alternate costumes you can get for him and all the other characters.

But whatever. If you don’t like him you don’t like him.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

I hadn't needed to switch him out. Tani wasn't much interesting and Leander didn't seem all that interesting. Got Nevan vibes from him. But then Bracken just joined! She's got hammers! Wahoo, Desdemonaesque!

The little prince dude swinging swords didn't seem fitting either.

3 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I hadn't needed to switch him out. Tani wasn't much interesting and Leander didn't seem all that interesting. Got Nevan vibes from him. But then Bracken just joined! She's got hammers! Wahoo, Desdemonaesque!

The little prince dude swinging swords didn't seem fitting either. emoji2369.png

Oh yeah, Bracken is a fun character. She’s pretty much a combat medic. She hits hard and can heal pretty well to with her inventions.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

While we don't necessarily agree on Persona, I'm with you on that. I enjoy those games almost in spite of the characters. I still find it humorous that my favorite P4G character by a mile is Marie. The one not originally in the game! emoji23.png

My favorites from the later games are Shinjiro from 3 and Kanji from 4. While I didn’t like Persona Q much, I’m at least glad you could use Shinjiro for the entire game.

It’s one reason I prefer the other SMT games as well. Yeah the demons and creatures that join you may not say much, but I enjoy creating team from them and creating their entire spell/movesets and seeing my party change as the games progress. You can get such diverse active rosters once you realize how they all come from different world religions, myths, and so forth. That’s a very cool aspect to the games in my opinion.

• Like 1
My favorites from the later games are Shinjiro from 3 and Kanji from 4. While I didn’t like Persona Q much, I’m at least glad you could use Shinjiro for the entire game.
It’s one reason I prefer the other SMT games as well. Yeah the demons and creatures that join you may not say much, but I enjoy creating team from them and creating their entire spell/movesets and seeing my party change as the games progress. You can get such diverse active rosters once you realize how they all come from different world religions, myths, and so forth. That’s a very cool aspect to the games in my opinion.
They definitely play on my love for DQM over Pokémon. Basically putting together a TEAM of monsters/demons that are all in the battles together, not 1 v 1. So yeah, that aspect is more interesting than the social makeup of human characters

My impressions on Rogue Galaxy is really positive so far.

I am about half an hour into chapter 2. Having a lot of fun with the game so far. I actually really love the art direction of the game. My only two complaints is that jumping is incredibly clunky. Luckily you can depend on AI to do the jumping for you for some of the enemies. The other problem I have is audio related. There is a strange cut off on audio when I go into the menu. I am guessing this audio glitch has to do with the fact that this game is being emulated. Since I am playing the PS4 "port".

Excited to play more of it when I get the time.

• Like 1

Fired up my Vita for the first time in...X amount of time and started a replay of the Final Fantasy III remake. I’ve had the series on the brain for the last few days, and replaying FF3 seemed like a fun idea. I really enjoyed the game more than I was expecting too like 2 or 3 years ago since I had a history of starting it but not getting far, but pushing through the part I got stopped by...I found Final Fantasy III to be one of my favorite experiences from the series, and my personal favorite of the NES/Famicom era games.

With all that said, the game is still early on but I finally have access to the job classes. Starting off with Warrior, Thief, White Mage and Red Mage. I’m going to try and use classes I didn’t use much before, so even if this replay takes awhile, here’s hoping this playthrough will be a good time!

• Like 2

I'm currently playing FF XIV. About to start the first DLC, just leveled up classes as I'm still not sure which to play... almost settled on Dark Knight but would like to try the rest.

I haven't played much at all in the last few months... haven't watched anime, too. Personal reasons.

As I mentioned in the Pokmeon topic: my son and I were home yesterday all day so he/we started Pokemon Shield.  We put in 4:44 of game time with it yesterday, he did mostly the 4 hours, I showed him how he needed to go about grinding for a bit over a half hour.  A couple hours into playing it with him/watching him, I got the desire to play myself.  Stupid Amazon was offering the game brand new for $40 and delivery by 6pm.  So... I got it.  Even put a couple hours into it myself.  Really enjoying it.

Forced myself to set it down @9pm though and get back to NNK2.  I was going to clear out all the side quests in the big Tech Tree when the third one sent me to Hydropolis again and I saw that despite clearing all the side quests out of there last week there were a good 5-6 more new ones.  Feeling like I'd never finish side questing, I just moved on ahead.  Snuck into Ding Dong Dell and went through the sewers.  Whew, that was a long one.  Just reached the government internment camp/sewer before drifting off to sleep.  I thought I remember shutting down the PS4, but being woken by Tropical Storm Eta at 4am, my PS4 told me it shut down because I wasn't using it.  Haha, guess I went into sleep mode first!

In the final chapter of Ni no Kuni 2. It's been a fun ride. Collected exaxtly half the townsfolk, but with looming long nights ahead busy with podcasts and holiday stuff, I'm going to try to beat the main game tonight or tomorrow. I've spent half this game doing sidequests & have loved it!

• Like 1

As of right now I'm playing:

Pokemon Black: I just check in once a day to get a Heart Scale. I have 5 or 6 badges, and I'll probably abuse Pickup for awhile when I start actually playing again

Ragnarok Online DS: I am addicted to this game. I unlocked the Mirage Tower, which makes me want to play Lufia, and I've been grinding there to get a Limit Break (its sorta like DQIX's revocation) and a ton of overpowered equipment.

NeoQuest: I'm level 34, and I'll get a nice little trophy on Neopets when I finish

WesGame1: I'm almost done copying my program into a TI-84 calculator, so I'll be playing this tomorrow, and I'll be posting a link for people to try it out.

also, I'll be playing some Mega Man Battle Network games again soon. Probably 2 or 6, but I have to look over my save file archives. I'll probably start a new game, but I'm not sure yet.

Final Fantasy III: Recently received the Fire Crystal job classes of Ranger, Knight, Scholar, and Geomancer. As I learned the last time I played, Geomancer can get VERY powerful if you stick with it, so I’m fine with having one in the party again. Doing a little job level grinding before I go to the town of Tokkel so I can get my characters a little more prepared for the upcoming dungeon and boss battle. Thankfully it’s pretty easy to raise job levels thanks to the auto battle feature: just set everyone to defend, let them auto battle for 4 or 5 turns, then defeat the enemies. Being able to do this against any enemy encounter is kind of cheap, but hey, using tricks like that to replay a Final Fantasy game can be fun.

Romancing SaGa 2: I’m trying to complete all the content I need to before going to attempt the final boss again. Definitely learned from my mistakes and now know what to be prepared for with the final boss, but I still worry how things will go. So, in addition to redoing every I need to since I had to go back to a save from 5 hours before the final boss, I’m trying to do some extra grinding for my final party. I think I found some places that will help me out with gaining levels in weapons and spell types, but I can only hope that will be enough. I really want to see this game finished, especially since I do genuinely like it a lot, but boy...I won’t lie, after what I went through this past Thursday, I’m kind of disheartened.

I was planning to start Pokémon Mystery Dungeon DX so I could try and properly talk about it for the upcoming Slime Time Side Quest episode we have planned, but I think that may be put to the wayside since I want to focus on beating RS2.

• Like 2