What RPG's are you currently playing?

4 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

I swear I need two weeks off to get caught up on gaming. 

The goal for me is to, before the end of the year, take a week off work, 1. just because I’d like a week off, but also 2. to sift through every game I haven’t finished or started, sort through them, play the majority of them for at least 30 minutes to an hour, and determine which ones are gonna be a part of a second wave of eBay selling. There are a lot of games I’m simply not gonna play cluttering up my apartment.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Posted Images

17 hours ago, eal said:

The goal for me is to, before the end of the year, take a week off work, 1. just because I’d like a week off, but also 2. to sift through every game I haven’t finished or started, sort through them, play the majority of them for at least 30 minutes to an hour, and determine which ones are gonna be a part of a second wave of eBay selling. There are a lot of games I’m simply not gonna play cluttering up my apartment.

That's actually not a bad idea. 

Though I probably wouldn't do a whole lot of selling. But it would be a good way to find which games I want to place in a priority position. 

• Like 1

Still in the process of playing Dark Souls. I haven't been able to dedicate as much time into this game as I want, but I am still having a lot of fun.

I am up to what I am guessing is the final boss. But I ended up taking a friend's suggestion and started doing the DLC next. Not too bad, but Father of the Abyss is just destroying me. I was thinking on moving forward to another soulsborune game. But I might end up sticking with this game for a little longer on getting achievements and doing challenge builds. I really want to do a Red Tearstone run.

Edited by Twinkie

TitS 3 is a bit tough, but feels rewarding. Lots upon lots of story. It's meant to tie up tons of loose ends. About 8.5 hours into it. Just started chapter 3 but there are a ton of optional doors I can go in for even more story. They have great rewards in equipment and resources, so I must keep going!

1 hour ago, Plattym3 said:

TitS 3 is a bit tough, but feels rewarding. Lots upon lots of story. It's meant to tie up tons of loose ends. About 8.5 hours into it. Just started chapter 3 but there are a ton of optional doors I can go in for even more story. They have great rewards in equipment and resources, so I must keep going!

What game is that?  Tits3? 

1 hour ago, Galbis said:

It’s a game about the three-breasted alien in Total Recall.

Trails in the Sky 3. It's part of the bigger series The Legend of Heroes which is currently in the Cold Steel subseries. 3534f80cd5608788f3fd1c12e0a2d574.jpg
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Trails in the Sky 3. It's part of the bigger series The Legend of Heroes which is currently in the Cold Steel subseries. 3534f80cd5608788f3fd1c12e0a2d574.jpg

Ohh, Yes i know that game, Just didnt realize seeing the acronyms. I have been playing a lot of classic sagas, like YS, Grandia, phantasy star, and a lot more. I will have to try that game, looks good. I also want to try Dark Cloud. 

PD: i recommend Rogue Galaxy. Its a 10/10

• Like 1

Ohh, Yes i know that game, Just didnt realize seeing the acronyms. I have been playing a lot of classic sagas, like YS, Grandia, phantasy star, and a lot more. I will have to try that game, looks good. I also want to try Dark Cloud. 
PD: i recommend Rogue Galaxy. Its a 10/10

I was just on a Grandia podcast. It's my #2 favorite game series of all time. https://rpgamer.com/2020/08/rpg-backtrack-episode-220-grand-game-arts/

As for the Dark Cloud games, I love them. Played them back in early '00s and then yes, got Rogue Galaxy the moment it came out (another awesome game). I DON'T replay games almost ever (other than DQ or Grandia), and am 95% a Turn-based RPG fan, but a couple years back I put some good time into Dark Cloud 1 & 2 again as both are available on PS2 on PS4.
16 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I was just on a Grandia podcast. It's my #2 favorite game series of all time. https://rpgamer.com/2020/08/rpg-backtrack-episode-220-grand-game-arts/

As for the Dark Cloud games, I love them. Played them back in early '00s and then yes, got Rogue Galaxy the moment it came out (another awesome game). I DON'T replay games almost ever (other than DQ or Grandia), and am 95% a Turn-based RPG fan, but a couple years back I put some good time into Dark Cloud 1 & 2 again as both are available on PS2 on PS4.

First time i see someone that have played rogue Galaxy :'c  <3. Im also in love with path of exile, its so hard, but its deep and sooooo good, u can do whatever u think on a build, super bizzarre things. And Im a huge disgaea fan, and other NIS games like Cladun. 

I'm exactly 2/3 of the way through Chapter 4 of Trails in the Sky 3. It's quite a nicely delineated game. I've got I think 10 or 11 party members now, all familiar faces. I'm 13 hours in and it seems like I'm about halfway through the areas, but there's a ton of side content to do. There are these magic doors you can go in when you meet certain requirements.
1. Short story doors with story segments and maybe a battle that's 10-15 minutes.
2. Long story doors that take a good half hour and I need to not do late at night
3. Mini game doors. Only did one of these so far, it was an airship shooting game.

Good rewards for all those doors, so I do them, heck, that's what this game is about: story. All the small loose ends and the setup for the larger series.

I'm enjoying it. Love being able to pick my favorite people most of the time. I really like Kevin and his crossbows, so I'm really glad he's the protagonist. His nun friend? Meh. Luckily she's taking chapter 4 off.

Aaaaaaand I’ve finally gotten past the point where I was brick walled in Xenoblade Chronicles. Years ago on the original Wii version I was totally roadblocked by the duo boss in the High Entia Tombs. I think it was because I was underleveled and wasn’t very good with the combat mechanics, so I was totally not prepared for that fight at all. Thankfully all these years later I was able to give that duo boss fight a proper beating and used all the extra EXP I’ve earned from side quests and exploring to give myself an extra edge. Felt good to finally give that boss what for and use the game’s mechanics properly this time!

Now it’s finally time to see what the heck happens in the game after that boss fight. I’ve been good and have not looked up any spoilers for what’s ahead in all these years, with the only major one I know being semi-spoiled by Smash Bros.

• Like 1
On 8/14/2020 at 4:08 PM, Galbis said:

First time i see someone that have played rogue Galaxy :'c  <3. Im also in love with path of exile, its so hard, but its deep and sooooo good, u can do whatever u think on a build, super bizzarre things. And Im a huge disgaea fan, and other NIS games like Cladun. 

You kidding?!  We were just chatting about it in another thread. The fact it keeps coming up makes me feel like I need to start a run by the end of the year. 

Anyways, I'm still goofing off in DQ III and Rune Factory 4, didn't get any time with DQ Builders this weekend, and I beat the Magma dude at mount Chimney in Pokemon Emerald. 

• Like 1

Rogue Galaxy was good it's a shame it got overlooked in the PS2 JRPG conversation over like say, Xenosaga. I mean............... Xenosaga 3 was ok but the first 2 were a slog of long cutscenes and linearity

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fates said:

Rogue Galaxy was good it's a shame it got overlooked in the PS2 JRPG conversation over like say, Xenosaga. I mean............... Xenosaga 3 was ok but the first 2 were a slog of long cutscenes and linearity

I agree. I am actually surprised it wasn't more of a sensation. It was pretty damn remarkable, especially for the time. 

I saw it as the beginning of a New series but it never went that way. 

Did it do okay sales-wise? Does anyone know?

I’ve made a fair bit of progress in Xenoblade HD. I’ve reached Sword Valley, which means the party is now officially in Mechonis territory, there have been some really cool story moments and reveals, and the events of Prison Island actually got to me towards the end. Really felt bad for Melia, which I find interesting as I expected her to be a character I wouldn’t care that much about due to how she’s presented in game. I think all the events in Eryth Sea and Alcamoth helped change my opinion on her.

That is one thing I will say Xenoblade Chronicles does well: it portrays the playable characters in believable and relatable ways. Having not played the game for a long time I still remembered the main cast pretty well, and making more progress in the game now I’m finding more moments and lines from them that make me like everyone on the playable cast. I think the writing and how they play off one another works well for them.

Anyway, before making progress in Sword Valley I’ve been clearing out some side quests. Hopefully after work on Tuesday I’ll be able to continue the story and see what awaits next in Sword Valley and Galahad Fortress. With how the Valak Mountain segment ended, I’m eager to see what’s coming up next.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Rogue Galaxy is one of those games that I own, but never played it.

Ugh.

I have the emulated PS2 port on PS4 for several years now.

WHAT?!

Play it! Play it now!!

6 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

WHAT?!

Play it! Play it now!!

I will start it up after I am done with Story of Seasons and Moon: Remix RPG Adventure when it comes out later this month. Might as well knock something off the log.

16 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I will start it up after I am done with Story of Seasons and Moon: Remix RPG Adventure when it comes out later this month. Might as well knock something off the log.

Yup. 

Let us know what you think. 

I'm curious to see how I feel when I finally decide to play it again. I imagine it's aged well just like DQ VIII. 

Made it through Sword Valley and am now on the Fallen Arm of the Mechonis in Xenoblade Chronicles. Man, there were some good cutscenes and story moments that came along today while playing. I’m especially happy that I now have the 7th party member. Not gonna lie, that was satisfying to have said character join up with Shulk and the others. Really though, all the separate party cutscenes when awakening on the Fallen Arm were great for some one on one character moments/development scenes. Shulk’s in particular just made me happy for the guy.

Lots of cool stuff in this part of the game, but for spoilers sake I won’t say. I know the game is about 10 years old by now, but I didn’t get anything spoiled for me (other than the Smash thing) and I’d hate to spoil something major for anyone else who plans to play it on the Switch. All I’ll say is that you begin to see a new side of things with the game once you reach the Fallen Arm.

And the music has gotten pretty damn good too. Loved the Sword Valley theme and I’m liking the rock styled battle theme for fighting enemies now. This game has a great soundtrack all around.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

I finished Dragon Quest 7 and the series as a whole last night. It's probably my least favorite of the series but I'm glad to have played it. I have no idea what I'm going to play next. I'll probably focus more on Ghost of Thushima. I've also been wanting to play Super Mario RPG lately and while I'd rather play it on Switch, I'll boot up my SNES Classic for it.

Edited by DrippySlimeStar
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I finished Dragon Quest 7 and the series as a whole last night. It's probably my least favorite of the series but I'm glad to have played it. I have no idea what I'm going to play next. I'll probably focus more on Ghost of Thushima. I've also been wanting to play Super Mario RPG lately and while I'd rather play it on Switch, I'll boot up my SNES Classic for it.

Awww man, sorry to hear you didn’t like VII as much.

It is a bit of a trudge but some of us (or me..at least) love it all the more because of that :)

Well I did it. Finally beat Dark Souls. For how difficult it was, the last boss was kinda easy once you figure it out.

3dChRSHh.jpg

Pretty proud on doing it. Gonna be playing more Soulsbourne/Souls-like games in the future.

• Like 1