What RPG's are you currently playing?

16 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Oh my, I now have 2, yes 2, of the characters from other houses who have joined the Golden Deers in FE Three Houses! It’s clearly a Christmas miracle guys. This time it was Caspar, and he seems to similar to Raphael personality wise. However, Raphael is more of a gentle giant take on the guy who likes to train type, while Caspar is the hot headed “LEROOOOY JENKINS!” sort.

On my phone I started playing Romancing SaGa Re:Universe. Seems to have that name due to characters from all the different SaGa games showing up to help the world. No reason given yet though. It is cool you can see what all games every character comes from as you obtain them via free draws or from using gems/tickets.

The game has been VERY generous with handing out bonuses and freebies, much like DQ of the Stars. No doubt it’s thanks to the global release of RS Universe. But even with that, I’ve gotten several SS ranked heroes from the free pulls. Pretty happy some of them have been from Romancing SaGa 2!

I've been playing RE:U as well. It's neat!

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Posted Images

16 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

Almost done with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3. Not liking this at all. My kids have been bouncing off it quite a bit too. They're learning a hard lesson from this game.
(mind you, this is all on easy mode)

Crappy camera controls. Check.

Multiple multiple attempts at some bosses. Check.

Needing to spend a lot of time in menus for optimizing characters. Check.

Final boss is not final boss. Check.

Final final boss not dead when HP = 0. Gets up and fights again. Check.

Can't wait to finish & sell this. Not an enjoyable game for any of us really.

Yeah, I think the first and second ones had all the same issues. 

It's been a while since I played, but I definitely remember the camera controls and optimizing characters issues. 

As for me, I got the Pokemon Badge in Mauville City and got the Mod Rod in DQ III. 

....Oh and I rescued a weapon-inventing chick from a Castle in DQ Builders. 

As I write this, I realize it is time to pop Rune Factory 4 in again. 

• Like 1

Finished up Graveyard Keeper. Wahoo, what a freaking fun ride! 48ish hours, and that was thanks to the DLC. Did about half the extra story DLC. The other DLC was a whole quality of life thing that allowed me to turn corpses into zombies and automate tasks. So I guess the time kinda balances out.

• Like 1

I finished up Graveyard Keeper around 4pm yesterday and despite having a lot of free time, there was a empty grave-size hole in my gaming heart. After screwing around with a few other games, finally loading up Grandia 2 and taking over midway felt right. About to get the final party member, I think I'm about halfway through.

I’ve had Shin Megami Tensei on the brain the last few days and I ended up finding this video talking about Nocturne. The guy goes into describing how all the elements of the game tie in to create a haunting but mesmerizing experience, and I do agree with a few of his points. While I prefer Strange Journey and IV, Nocturne is definitely one of the best games when it comes to handling atmosphere and presenting the art of Kaneko. It’s one of those RPGs that lingers in your mind, and I enjoyed it for the same reasons I enjoyed games like Bloodborne. 

I may have to plug my PS2 in after work today and play some.

Been putting some time into Rune Factory 4. I think I'm deeper in a dungeon than I've ever been.

It's nice though, there are periodically those little teleport things that allow me to head out and gear up or whatever. 

I think I'm Level 62

• Like 1

I have still been playing PSO2 and Dark Souls for the most part. Been trying to get caught up in content with PSO2 since we are going to be getting a lot of updates until the end of the year to catch up with the Japanese version.

Loving Dark Souls. I am really appreciating the level design on this game a lot.

Sinking major time into Grandia 2 in an effort to finish it, but won't be doing so in time for a podcast I'm doing tonight on it. Stayed up to 3am to try, but I think I'm still a good 5-6 hours away. I'd remembered the broad strokes of the story, but not how long each part is (battle animation plays a big part in this)! Still excellent and I've found that battling every enemy visible on screen has made me an awesome force to be reckoned with. Really enjoyed maxing out specific things & spells with specific characters to get random encounters down to mostly 2-4 total attacks. Feels like an accomplishment.

9 hours ago, Twinkie said:

Loving Dark Souls. I am really appreciating the level design on this game a lot.

I need to play Dark Souls. 

This goes back to that whole 1000 game backlog we talked about. 

10 hours ago, Twinkie said:

I have still been playing PSO2 and Dark Souls for the most part. Been trying to get caught up in content with PSO2 since we are going to be getting a lot of updates until the end of the year to catch up with the Japanese version.

Have you run into any bosses that have given you trouble? When I played the original Dark Souls my road block for awhile was the Capra Demon and his damn dog henchmen.

Glad you’re enjoying the game. The SoulsBorne games are all very good experiences even when you run into a roadblock.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
11 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Have you run into any bosses that have given you trouble? When I played the original Dark Souls my road block for awhile was the Capra Demon and his damn dog henchmen.

Glad you’re enjoying the game. The SoulsBorne games are all very good experiences even when you run into a roadblock.

There are two bosses that really gave me trouble so far. The Capra Demon being one of them. Capra took me like.... 4 hours to beat? The other fight I got stuck on took me about 10 hours.

Even with the tough roadblocks, I am still having tons of fun with it. It makes the victory that much better when you finally get it.

23 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

There are two bosses that really gave me trouble so far. The Capra Demon being one of them. Capra took me like.... 4 hours to beat? The other fight I got stuck on took me about 10 hours.

Even with the tough roadblocks, I am still having tons of fun with it. It makes the victory that much better when you finally get it.

Ornstein and Smough are a big roadblock for a lot of people, but personally I didn’t find them too bad. Giant Ornstein is a #$*! to deal with though.

Glad you’re enjoying your time with the game!

22 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Ornstein and Smough are a big roadblock for a lot of people, but personally I didn’t find them too bad. Giant Ornstein is a #$*! to deal with though.

Glad you’re enjoying your time with the game!

Lol you are right on that. Dragon Slayer and Executioner were the two that gave me the hardest time. Felt great to get over that fight after 10 hours.

49 minutes ago, Twinkie said:

Lol you are right on that. Dragon Slayer and Executioner were the two that gave me the hardest time. Felt great to get over that fight after 10 hours.

I had the 10 hour brick wall with Father Gascoigne in Bloodborne. He’s the first mandatory boss you have to fight and you REALLY learn how to use the game’s fighting mechanics from it. I was stuck there forever when I started the game, and I almost gave up entirely. I still hate having to refight him in that game to this day!

38 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

I had the 10 hour brick wall with Father Gascoigne in Bloodborne. He’s the first mandatory boss you have to fight and you REALLY learn how to use the game’s fighting mechanics from it. I was stuck there forever when I started the game, and I almost gave up entirely. I still hate having to refight him in that game to this day!

I am looking forward to it. I just got a copy of Bloodborne and plan on tackling it once I get done with Dark Souls.

Edited by Twinkie

4 more battles to win Grandia 2. 4 more apparently. I feel like I've been in end-game forever, but it could be because battles are now taking so much longer. Much like the PS2 port, the Switch port slows waaay down in bigger boss battles with more elements on screen and the fact that every attack I'm doing involves some 15-20 second battle animation... Loving every minute, should finish up tonight. Then it's back in time to GBC for a bit.

Switch
God Eater 3

PS4
Ys: Memories of Celceta

PSP
Trails in the Sky SC

• Like 1

Best Grandia 2 last night and now I'm a couple hours into Grandia Parallel Trippers on GBC. Apparently they've got Covid there too. b1426345f574fdf7c2849a6a4d92e62c.jpga97d33477ab27239360439fce75693cf.jpg75e05acebae5e474d10c99649936cf88.jpg

12 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

Best Grandia 2 last night and now I'm a couple hours into Grandia Parallel Trippers on GBC. Apparently they've got Covid there too. b1426345f574fdf7c2849a6a4d92e62c.jpga97d33477ab27239360439fce75693cf.jpg75e05acebae5e474d10c99649936cf88.jpg

6 pixels apart man! Gotta be 6 pixels apart!

• Like 1
6 pixels apart man! Gotta be 6 pixels apart!
I'm not so sure. I guess it depends what country I'm in. Is it 3 pixels? 4.5? 6?

I'm mainly of German and Polish descent, does that mean the middle ground? 40bdf491a408f64171c072a6c81ec7d2.jpg
1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:

I'm not so sure. I guess it depends what country I'm in. Is it 3 pixels? 4.5? 6?

I'm mainly of German and Polish descent, does that mean the middle ground? 40bdf491a408f64171c072a6c81ec7d2.jpg

spacer.png

Smart ass. 🤣

• Like 1

I'm supposed to be playing DQ8. I reached Baccarat earlier this week and haven't had the chance to pick it back up. Dragon Quest X has this way of just consuming your life. I was never one to fall victim to MMOs cause I didn't like them, but now I have a couple of friends that I play with semi regularly and it's hard to avoid that feeling of FOMO when they're online and I'm not. The other night we just started playing a round of Hide n Seek in Julette, the Weddie town. It's absolutely not a part of in-game content or anything...just something that started in jest and now we're arranging a ranked Astoltia Hide n Seek tournament.

And my Fathers Day gift arrived the other day, which is a JP Wii with the original Wii copy of DQX so I can play the "extended" offline campaign. Man, I have been spoiled by the Switch cause for this I actually have to sit down in the living room and tie myself to the TV to play it. There's no undocking the console and playing in bed as my wife sleeps. If my toddler wants me to sit in his room while he plays with toys then I have to put the controller down and go. How any parent plays a game that isn't on the Switch or a laptop I will never understand.a673fe50bccd2008537ddeb0349992ea.jpg4b8fffcfce7bdbad5d57f0561dbfe5ed.jpg

• Like 1

My Grandia Parallel Trippers save got deleted. Hell, apparently it never really existed. RetroArch worked fine for SNES games on my Vita, but after it didn't save Grandia, I tried a few others and it's not saving any GBC games.

I might try again with Visual Boy on the PC. I do have a bunch of things I want to watch that I've downloaded. But I may just jump ahead to Pokemon TCG 2 as I hate replaying so much and I was 5 hours in.

Since I’ve had SMT on the brain the last week, I decided to pop Strange Journey Redux in and I ended up playing it for several hours today. I’ve been pretty indecisive on what I want to play anyway, so it’s been a matter of finding something that grabs me. Nothing against Civilization 6, but I’ve found that better as an evening game since my first map is still going on.

Anyway, I had left off at the start of Mithras’ Tower in Sector Bootes, and am now returning to the Tower with the necessary upgrade to see hidden demons. It’s been nice playing an SMT game again, as well as revisiting Strange Journey in general. Loved the original years ago on the DS after all. I still don’t care for the Japanese voices only though.

• Like 1

Dragon Quest III (Switch) - Hatched the big bird. Time to sit back, explore, and grind for a while before jamming through the rest of the game. I see myself in grinding/exploring mode for the next week or two at least. 

Pokemon Emerald (GBA) - Just went through the fiery Path. Rotated Numel into my team and Minun out. I also caught a Koffing. I don't know I'f I've ever played with a Koffing in my squad so I'm trying to decide whether or not I'll rotate him in.

Dragon Quest Builders (PS4) - MY goodness, the battles are significantly harder at Kol and Galenholm. I mean, I'm winning, but it's taking a while and my base is taking a beating.

Rune Factory 4 (Switch) - Now I'm tracking the baddies back toward their empire...and also giving away carrots. Finally found a monster I like to roll around with, before this it's mostly been solo missions. 

• Like 1