What RPG's are you currently playing?

In my TMS, I'm halfway through the 3rd idoloahphere and stuck again. Apparently I'm supposed to light some lanturns, but I don't see any. Oh well, it was 2am when I beat the sub-boss and got to that point, so maybe some clarity will come later today.

About 8.5 hours in and still like the battle system.

Settling in to Spring Break gaming well. Game from 10pm - 2am. Wake up at 8am, catch a nap at some point. Hike a lot.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

10/10 picture. You can get a lot of funny pictures in the 3DS version. Shame DQ11S’s camera mode feels so limiting by comparison.

Dragon Quest III iOS. Ready for EO Untold II.

OK, I have a good three hours clocked in FFIX now, so it's time for first impressions!   -I love this game. In this short time of playing, I'm already having a blast, and I'm sure it'll only get be

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:

In my TMS, I'm halfway through the 3rd idoloahphere and stuck again. Apparently I'm supposed to light some lanturns, but I don't see any. Oh well, it was 2am when I beat the sub-boss and got to that point, so maybe some clarity will come later today.

About 8.5 hours in and still like the battle system.

Settling in to Spring Break gaming well. Game from 10pm - 2am. Wake up at 8am, catch a nap at some point. Hike a lot.

You pass them walking around. They’re plainly visible but you might be confusing them as a part of the background.

Also, as a heads up, there’s a timed section of this dungeon towards the end. You basically have to go around the handing things to NPCs. It’s not hard and you have a lot of time to do it, but if you fight enemies you might get turned around and confused on the route you’ve taken already, so at that point, avoid all battles until you’ve finished it.

Edited by eal
On 3/14/2020 at 4:31 PM, Plattym3 said:

Still plugging away trying to get married IN Rune Factory 4. Just can't trigger it!

Mostly this for me. 

Also playing Dragon Quest Builders

Both are very addictive in nature, and get me stuck in an endless loop of, "Let me just do one more thing."

Changed it up and got almost 3 hours into Trails in the Sky SC last night. All but finished up Chapter 3. Did the main chapter, was just too tired after 2 straight long battles and the 30 mins of text story that followed to do more than hit save and fall asleep.

Things seem to be moving quicker in Fire Emblem now. I got to the "mid" point where the "thing" happens. I saw there's 22 chapters and I just got to 13 and the way things are playing out I have a feeling the chapter structure is going to change.

On 3/18/2020 at 2:24 PM, DrippySlimeStar said:

Things seem to be moving quicker in Fire Emblem now. I got to the "mid" point where the "thing" happens. I saw there's 22 chapters and I just got to 13 and the way things are playing out I have a feeling the chapter structure is going to change.

I've forgotten which house you joined, and also who's in your roster?  I've recently finished a Blue route, and will go back to the game for FE's 30th anniversary towards the end of April.  I'd love to discuss it!

59 minutes ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

I've forgotten which house you joined, and also who's in your roster?  I've recently finished a Blue route, and will go back to the game for FE's 30th anniversary towards the end of April.  I'd love to discuss it!

Fear the deer! All of my students that are supposed to be and the extras that don't have a class like Catherine, Shamir, Cyril. I didn't recruit any outside students.

21 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Fear the deer! All of my students that are supposed to be and the extras that don't have a class like Catherine, Shamir, Cyril. I didn't recruit any outside students.

Ahh.  Any particular reason why not?  I dragged in quite a few Eagles for my playthrough.

7 hours ago, The Dog of Zahan said:

Ahh.  Any particular reason why not?  I dragged in quite a few Eagles for my playthrough.

I never got the skills needed or rose my relationship level with them. It wasn't them, it was me.

I’ve been trying to reach max level(s) in DQ1 and 2 Switch when watching stuff on Netflix. DQ1 was pretty quick since you can grind in the bottom of Charlock Castle. DQ2 is taking longer. I thought the max levels were 50 for Midenhall, 45 for Cannock, and 35 for Moonbrooke across all versions, but Moonbrooke is level 38. I never looked into it to see if they raised the level caps for each I guess, so they must have changed it at some point with the different versions. 🤷‍♂️

I’m having luck killing Liquid Metal Slimes in Hargon’s Castle thanks to Falcon Swords, and the higher EXP amounts enemies give in the castle is helping speed things along. I’m not sure if I’ll even try to reach high levels in DQ3, but we’ll see what happens. MAYBE I would reach a certain point just so I can comfortably beat Divinegon/Xenlon, but honestly the post game content of DQ3 isn’t that interesting, especially since in the Switch version you can’t unlock the final Pachisi track.

I’m hoping to start up the Trials of Mana remake demo later today or tomorrow. I’m thinking I’ll just play through it with the team I played in the original, mainly because I want to play more of the original with all the other characters before I dive into the remake.

On 12/20/2019 at 1:29 PM, Brother Jaybird said:

Anyway, so I picked up an extra couple of 3rd Party RPGs called Alphadia and Ash for the 3DS and I'm approximately 30%? of the way through the first one. Pretty straightforward stuff for an RPG, with four-man team combat and six party members so far. On the whole, it's pretty basic; the pacing's not the greatest, frontloading most of the plot into the intro and stuffing your party full of characters before you leave the first town. Not much in the way of vignettes, either, so each step is only part of the main overall quest. They have a neat elemental combo system that I like, probably because it's the most complex part of the game.

I have finished Alphadia and wish I'd never started.

The characters were vapid; the story was trite; the world was shallow; the dungeons were empty, long, and winding; the grind immense; and the ending was pointless. The neat elemental combo system is only a secondary grind that only serves to mete out a few extra spells to characters who may or may not be able to use them, and will probably be less useful than the spells you get by maxing out each character's single element.

Edited by Brother Jaybird
7 minutes ago, Brother Jaybird said:

I have finished Alphadia and wish I'd never started.

The characters were vapid; the story was trite; the world was shallow; the dungeons were empty, long, and winding; the grind immense; and the ending was pointless. The neat elemental combo system is only a secondary grind that only serves to mete out a few extra spells to characters who may or may not be able to use them, and will probably be less useful than the spells you get by maxing out each character's single element.

So your standard Kemco game.

1 hour ago, eal said:

So your standard Kemco game.

Buy the physical Switch collection now and enjoy all these “meh,” games whenever you want too!!!

Kemco. Here to make you question spending 5 dollars.

• Like 2
Just now, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Buy the physical Switch collection now and enjoy all these “meh,” games whenever you want too!!!

Kemco. Here to make you question spending 5 dollars.

If they made a physical collection of all their RPGs, it would be the equivalent of one of those 12-in-1 collections in a $3.74 Walmart movie bin.

6 minutes ago, eal said:

If they made a physical collection of all their RPGs, it would be the equivalent of one of those 12-in-1 collections in a $3.74 Walmart movie bin.

Well, here’s the start of the collection! Just wait another year or two and you can get the all in one collector’s edition!

https://www.amazon.com/Games-Kemco-RPG-Omnibus-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B083QDQ8NH/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=kemco+switch&qid=1584834840&sr=8-1

11 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Well, here’s the start of the collection! Just wait another year or two and you can get the all in one collector’s edition!

https://www.amazon.com/Games-Kemco-RPG-Omnibus-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B083QDQ8NH/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?keywords=kemco+switch&qid=1584834840&sr=8-1

This box art is on the same tier as the Konami’s Best version of Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow.

I briefly started the demo for the Trials of Mana remake this morning. Game visually looks ok, the voice acting is absolutely awful (and not in a funny bad way either), but the music is nice and the combat and controls/gameplay is fun. The orchestral take on the main theme at the start screen was excellent.

I think I’ll stick with the SNES version that’s part of the Collection of Mana. Maybe down the road when the remake inevitably gets lowered in price I’ll pick up then.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1
I briefly started the demo for the Trials of Mana remake this morning. Game visually looks ok, the voice acting is absolutely awful (and not in a funny bad way either), but the music is nice and the combat and controls/gameplay is fun. The orchestral take on the main theme at the start screen was excellent.
I think I’ll stick with the SNES version that’s part of the Collection of Mana. Maybe down the road when the remake inevitably gets lowered in price I’ll pick up then.
It'll be $15 on PSN by summer.
31 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

It'll be $15 on PSN by summer. emoji12.png

Knowing how quick Square Enix games go on sale, it very well may be.

2 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Oh this is actually good to know

1 hour ago, cprmauldin said:

Oh this is actually good to know

It’s at least worth trying out. Maybe my opinion is in the minority.

Also, totally forgot to share this before. If this song gets put up on iTunes at some point I will gladly buy it.

Finished off Fire Emblem Warriors today, at least the story mode. While it got better when I understood more of the mechanics with giving people orders and such, my son has surpringly turned out a bit like me. Just like with Hyrule Warriors, once the credits rolled he declared he doesn't want to play it anymore. So, likely it's time to ebay it.

I put in a full night powering everyone up in that game, and I guess it helped a ton for the last 3-4 battles today.

Now back to our regularly scheduled Rune Factory 4/TMS/2 TitS games!

15 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

It’s at least worth trying out. Maybe my opinion is in the minority.

Also, totally forgot to share this before. If this song gets put up on iTunes at some point I will gladly buy it.

Yeah, I'm sure ill pick it up after a price drop. 

But I'm still playing the Collection of Mana version, which you praised, so no rush on the remake for me. 

11 hours ago, cprmauldin said:

But I'm still playing the Collection of Mana version, which you praised, so no rush on the remake for me. 

I’m glad you’ve liked the original so much just from me suggesting it. I try and give people suggestion for games I genuinely think they will like, so it’s good when someone goes for it and enjoys the game/show/whatever.

Maybe when you get back to Trials of Mana so will I. I’d like to finish off the game, as I was close to the end. Plus I’d like to see how other routes play out in the game too.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit