cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

29 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

Absolutely agree. Once you get past Summers the game gets more manageable but the area after Twoson and the desert send shivers down my spine.

Eh. I’d say things are more difficult when Ness  is by himself. Thankfully Ness hits like a truck and can heal himself no problem, but Peaceful Rest Valley and the first Your Sanctuary can be rough if you don’t take the time to grind some battles and earn some levels.

At least with Peaceful Rest Valley you can load Ness up with Teddy Bears in his available inventory so they can take the brunt of the damage for him. Though that area is still evil since it has the exploding Territorial Oak enemies.

Eh. I’d say things are more difficult when Ness  is by himself. Thankfully Ness hits like a truck and can heal himself no problem, but Peaceful Rest Valley and the first Your Sanctuary can be rough if you don’t take the time to grind some battles and earn some levels.
At least with Peaceful Rest Valley you can load Ness up with Teddy Bears in his available inventory so they can take the brunt of the damage for him. Though that area is still evil since it has the exploding Territorial Oak enemies.
Where can I get more Teddy Bears? My only 1 died.

20 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:
1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

You can buy more at the Twoson Mall. They are either on the 2nd or 3rd floor. When you reach a later town named Summers you’ll be able to buy stronger ones called Super Plush Bears.

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit
  • Like 1

What a sentence.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eal said:

What a sentence.

Eal cannot grasp the true form of Platty’s post! Eal catches a cold and begins to sneeze uncontrollably!

• Like 1

What a sentence.
I'm not all Prison Scholl & Omega Labyrinth.

I'm not all Prison Scholl & Omega Labyrinth. emoji23.png

Don’t forget To-Love Ru, which I think you read, specifically the sequel series and not the original.

Edited by eal
  • Like 1

Don’t forget To-Love Ru, which I think you read, specifically the sequel series and not the original.
That sounds about right. I was 10 issues in and it kept referring to stuff I had no clue as to when that happened.
You can buy more at the Twoson Mall. They are either on the 2nd or 3rd floor. When you reach a later town named Summers you’ll be able to buy stronger ones called Super Plush Bears.
What's funny is I was browsing the strategy guide today and it was talking about the mall. I must've totally walked right by it. Never saw a mall and now I'm in the cult town. Guess I should backtrack a bit.

5 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

That sounds about right. I was 10 issues in and it kept referring to stuff I had no clue as to when that happened. emoji2357.pngemoji2369.pngWhat's funny is I was browsing the strategy guide today and it was talking about the mall. I must've totally walked right by it. Never saw a mall and now I'm in the cult town. Guess I should backtrack a bit.

Yeah, you totally missed the mall then. It’s the third building you walk past when you first enter Twoson. It’s between the Bike Shop and the Topolla Theater in the northern part of town.

10 hours ago, eal said:

Didn’t make any story progress last night playing Tokyo Mirage Sessions but took the opportunity, since I hit an Intermission, to do some side quests for party members and story characters. I like how, even doing stuff like this, the game still rewards you with stuff that powers up your party or makes traversing the Idolasphere easier and other stuff like that. My party feels like it’s constantly improving in some small way with every side quest or battle.

The story is very whatever but there’s an inherent charm to the quirkiness of Tokyo Mirage Sessions that keeps a smile on my face. Stuff like having to run around the Idolasphere looking for ingredients for a hangover cure because the head of the company is still recovering from the night before or looking for someone named TikiIsMyWaifu is just so appealing to me. And a lot of the dialogue is just pretty funny too, even when it’s unintentional.

Just finished Chapter 2 today, I love how the photographer's mirage puppet master was rendered without eyes.  Almost intentional, I think.  He had no true vision, after all, not compared to the party who freed his human host from him.

This game does have an endearing charm to it.  I like how poor flustered Tsubasa mixes her syllables frequently.  "I've got what it takes, I'm po-ing to groove it to you!"  Also, yes the sidequests are clever and cute as well.  I did enjoy the "Tiki=waifu" quest as well, especially the ending of that quest.

I also find it interesting how Performa can be gleaned from not just public singing, but even the presentation of still images.  If a human epxresses themselves with confidence and will, that's Performa.  I'm sure this will tie into the final boss' goals and why they want or need it.  Charisma is power, in life. 

Also, I read a snippet of an interview with the creators about the odd apperances of thye Fire Emblem mirages the party uses.  Apparently, the creative direction was, their lifetimes in turbulent, war-torn worlds left a mark on them that informs their apperance when they manifest in ours.  They intentionally look almost monstrous, having been shaped by the things they did in their homeworlds for their ideals and people.  Thought-provoking stuff.

14 hours ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Yeah, you totally missed the mall then. It’s the third building you walk past when you first enter Twoson. It’s between the Bike Shop and the Topolla Theater in the northern part of town.

The mall is after you get Jeff. He won't be there for awhile because the cult town is after Twoson.

33 minutes ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

The mall is after you get Jeff. He won't be there for awhile because the cult town is after Twoson.

Twoson has a mall labeled as the Department Store that’s right near the entrance to town. The other mall is in Fourside. Happy Happy Village (aka the cult town) is during Twoson. You can’t leave Twoson until you complete it.

28 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Twoson has a mall labeled as the Department Store that’s right near the entrance to town. The other mall is in Fourside. Happy Happy Village (aka the cult town) is during Twoson. You can’t leave Twoson until you complete it.

Huh. Guess I missed it too.

Took so long to get the chick. I was also level grinding like crazy because it'd take 2-3 battles total to go up a level and I was so strong. I'm mid 20s (Chica not so much as she got killed pretty soon in the middle of a dungeon) and have 2 sounds as well. Need to finish off a little Twoson stuff and move on tonight.

1 minute ago, Plattym3 said:
47 minutes ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

Took so long to get the chick. I was also level grinding like crazy because it'd take 2-3 battles total to go up a level and I was so strong. I'm mid 20s (Chica not so much as she got killed pretty soon in the middle of a dungeon) and have 2 sounds as well. Need to finish off a little Twoson stuff and move on tonight.

Speaking of chicks. Take some time to hatch some and make lotsa monay.

1 hour ago, YangustheLegendaryBandit said:

If you need some more levels for Paula don’t be afraid to use the 2nd Your Sanctuary. You probably noticed enemies run from you once you finish it.

• Like 1

I've had so so much money and almost nothing to spend it on. Very little equipment, period. Do I need to be saving?

21 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

I've had so so much money and almost nothing to spend it on. Very little equipment, period. Do I need to be saving?

Oh don’t you worry. Stuff will get expensive real soon.

• Like 1

Oh don’t you worry. Stuff will get expensive real soon.
That's seems like a reason TO worry, not "don't worry"

21 minutes ago, Plattym3 said:

That's seems like a reason TO worry, not "don't worry" emoji12.png

14383AB4-2C3B-400C-B6A6-0DD36E7FCD64.jpeg.4b3e450df229f85fbc521c2d83d4cb9a.jpeg

2 hours ago, Plattym3 said:
3 hours ago, DrippySlimeStar said:

I feel it's a good idea too. Plus, don't you want to fill up your extremely limited inventory space with wonderful things?

Final Fantasy 6 is fantastic. I'm taking notes on the story to hopefully keep track of what's going on since I have the memory span of a goldfish. I've only been playing it on Gamecube with the Gameboy Player but I'm checked it out on my DS Lite and things get pretty cramped.

Ooph. The third boss of Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a tough-y. He’s my first real challenge. Don’t get me wrong, he’s very weak. Given the opportunity to run roughshod, you could defeat him in maybe...four or five turns. No, he’s tough because instead of having weak but annoying enemies defend him, he defends them. So the only way you can pick them off is by using AOE attacks that target everyone and hopefully Sessioning them until they faint. It’s also very important to knock these enemies out fast because you don’t want them Sessioning on you. You’re likely to lose a party member in one turn if this happens. Another problem is that, I believe, Itsuki is the only party member who can Session on the boss.

I actually would have beaten him in my first try had I realized Attack Mirrors were a thing and could be used to deflect the powerful attack he uses every third turn.

I have a vague strategy in mind but there are so many variables going on that it’ll be tricky. I may level grind certain party members today so I can get their Radiant Unity skill that allows them to Session even when they’re benched.

This week will be almost DQ XI:S exclusively, I think. I may try to sprinkle some Trials of Mana in, but I'm out of town at a training so I am limited to my Switch.

Okay, so this is a few days late of an update but basically the day after getting trounced by the Draug in Tokyo Mirage Sessions I spent the rest of the night researching strategies and planning out what to do the next time I played. I worked out whether or not I was gonna level grind and who I’d be doing it with, what items I should get, opening moves because the first turn sets the tone for the rest of the battle for this boss, etc. I spent a decent chunk of my lunch hour taking screenshots of forums posts and stuff. Then, on my way home, I decided I’d go into to battle (since I was in front of the entrance) and see what to work on from there, expecting to get my ass handed to me.

...and then I won on my first try. I did do some stuff I researched into so it wasn’t a complete waste of time, but I just find it so funny how often that can happen to me. It happened with DQM:J2 and DQ8, for example.

Anyways, now I have the tank on my team. She can apparently learn healing skills too, which just seems so damn busted, to give a tank access to that stuff since she renders my current healer functionally useless. They did just introduce Class changes so I converted my healer to a debuff user. She’s also my only party member currently that can take part in Session Combos while benched so that might be the best spot for her at the moment.

Also, as an aside, this Side Stories are wild. Itsuki and Tsubasa are trying to find a cat named Little Devil and the two split up. As I’ve got Itsuki running around looking for it, I keep getting texts on my GamePad from Tsubasa. She thinks she’s found the cat but discovers a crepe shop and decides she’d rather have her trail go cold and get a snack then find the cat. Then, she sends you a picture of the crepe and is like, “don’t worry, I’ll use it to bait Little Devil.” Maybe a minute later she goes, “turns out that wasn’t Little Devil, it was a raccoon. Also, it stole my crepe.” They’re leaning really hard into Tsubasa being a straight up idiot, not even a ditz at this point, it’s crazy.

• Like 1