cprmauldin

What RPG's are you currently playing?

Awww, I like the voices. Really like them yelling out hints during battles like "it's weak to fire" and such. Neat little addition! I haven't really found any voices annoying, but I have played about 70% with the sound off anyway.

Never played an Etrian game but I like when voices yell out hints too. It happened a lot in Ni no Kuni and Persona 4. A passive member of the party who doesn't participate in the battle but has a part in the story gives you hints or offers assistance at random is a nice addition to an RPG.

Never played an Etrian game but I like when voices yell out hints too. It happened a lot in Ni no Kuni and Persona 4. A passive member of the party who doesn't participate in the battle but has a part in the story gives you hints or offers assistance at random is a nice addition to an RPG.

Oh yeah, cause who doesn't love to hear Rise yell out the same thing again and again... :P

I turned the voices of in Untold because they were distracting. I enjoy the atmosphere of the EO games and the voices got in the way. It's as simple as that. Maybe if I replay the story mode I'll keep them on, but otherwise I like my EO games voiceless to enjoy the fine music of Yuzo Koshiro and to get absorbed in the atmosphere each game creates via the well written text and the environments.

Hey, with a voice and face like that, I'd listen to Rise read the dictionary. Certainly a refreshing change of pace from Teddie.

Etrian Odyssey Untold, stratum 4 defeated. Long battle with that damn bird no one can pronounce. It was actually ok to beat, but finding a spot where none of the other 18 FOEs would find me... Ugh. Eventually I just beat it before they could catch me.

Etrian Odyssey Untold, stratum 4 defeated. Long battle with that damn bird no one can pronounce. It was actually ok to beat, but finding a spot where none of the other 18 FOEs would find me... Ugh. Eventually I just beat it before they could catch me.

That's what I did to Platty. I bummed rushed Iwao-bird and managed to take it down before reinforcements arrived.

After playing the original though they made this part MUCH easier. In the original you had to kill all the FOEs wandering on the floor before fighting Iwao-bird. Otherwise it would constantly revive itself.

Woo boy that was a shock to find out after playing Untold before the original. It was certainly satisfying killing off all the FOEs though.

Man, I'm becoming such a lazier Etrian Odysseyer as the years go bye. I can't imagine how difficult it was without Floor Jump and such. I haven't needed to make those floor auto walk areas on this game like I always used to do on the others. My goodness, what would happen if I had to go back and play the original? Ugh. Not again!

Man, I'm becoming such a lazier Etrian Odysseyer as the years go bye. I can't imagine how difficult it was without Floor Jump and such. I haven't needed to make those floor auto walk areas on this game like I always used to do on the others. My goodness, what would happen if I had to go back and play the original? Ugh. Not again!

Huh. I've never had a problem going back to the other games and not having floor jumping. It was nice to have though, but I honestly only used it to get the floor the bosses were on. I like walking through the floors to fight extra baddies and earn some extra EXP and materials.

I decided to buy the 3DS version of Citizens of Earth and have been enjoying the full game very much. So far the only recruits I have are Mom, Brother, Conspiracy Guy, Baker, and the School Mascot. 5 down, 35 more to go!

Had plenty of time to play some more Citizens of Earth today due to no classes.  I was able to beat the first major boss of the game and have recruited quite a few more citizens to the party, including (takes a deep breath) the Barista, Bodybuilder, Handyman, Cop, Teacher, Car Salesman, Psychologist, and the Bartender.

What I'm really loving about this game is how unique each citizen is from one another in terms of personalities and in abilities.  Everyone has at least one attack ability for battle, and from there they either specialize in attack groups of enemies, helping buff up the party, dealing status ailments, increasing how much EXP you earn, or restoring Energy (the MP system of this game) to the other party members.  There are so many combinations of citizens to try out.

Needless to say I'm happy I purchased this game and will be happy to pick it up for the Wii U as well.

I decided to try to complete Persona 4 Golden. This will require beating the game on Very Hard mode in New Game +, completing the Compendium, getting all Social Link items (not necessarily doing them all in one playthrough since they carry over into the next new game), and doing all the side quests. Other then that, I'll also have to unlock all the multimedia stuff by doing each ending (but in that case I'll just set up a save file as I approach each ending and finish it from there).

So far, it's shaping up quite well. Luckily a lot of things carried over: my money, my personal skills (this will go a long way in starting Social Links early and making responses to people I couldn't before), and thankfully, my Compendium. Shadow Chie was a bit touch-and-go but I was well equipped with good armor so she barely damaged me. Now, I have Black Frost ready to go at level 55. A lot of the early bosses deal ice and fire damage (the upcoming Shadow Yukiko and the dreaded

Shadow Teddie

comes to mind), and not only is Black Frost resistant, he absorbs it like a sponge and I get health from it. I should be mostly untouchable, which will go a long way in helping me clear a dungeon in a single day. Only problem is that his skills require much more SP then I have at the moment.

But just thinking of all that extra time working on Social Links when I previously had to do things like read books or studying to increase my skills and such is making me feel good about this. Only thing standing in my way is the Fox Social Link, whose tasks were a bit complicated, and the fishing stuff, which I didn't even touch until the very end (couldn't find the pole).

Edited by eal

Had plenty of time to play some more Citizens of Earth today due to no classes.  I was able to beat the first major boss of the game and have recruited quite a few more citizens to the party, including (takes a deep breath) the Barista, Bodybuilder, Handyman, Cop, Teacher, Car Salesman, Psychologist, and the Bartender.

What I'm really loving about this game is how unique each citizen is from one another in terms of personalities and in abilities.  Everyone has at least one attack ability for battle, and from there they either specialize in attack groups of enemies, helping buff up the party, dealing status ailments, increasing how much EXP you earn, or restoring Energy (the MP system of this game) to the other party members.  There are so many combinations of citizens to try out.

Needless to say I'm happy I purchased this game and will be happy to pick it up for the Wii U as well.

I really want to play this game too. I have been happy and waiting this game since august. I have no time to play now though.

I'm still playing plenty of Citizens of Earth. There's so much to this game I've been enjoying, but I think I'll save that for a Yangus' Thoughts topic.

Having said that, here's a quick update on my progress. I'm about to reach 30 citizens, currently working through chapter 4 of the game, and managed to (by complete chance) recruit the Weather Lady. Seriously, she's one of the hardest citizens to recruit.

Almost to the end of the 5th stratum in Etrian Odyssey Untold. Just need a few more mins. Getting very close to Fantasy Life! Stupid Amazon price dropped it at the beginning of February for a while, but not in the past few weeks. C'mon, Amazon!

Finished my second playthrough of Mass Effect. Shifting focus to Dragon Warrior Monsters. I will probably also start playing Final Fantasy V soon...

Ordered Fantasy Life. I guess technically I'm in the bonus area of Etrian Odyssey Untold. Doesn't feel that bonusy/fun. Might just quit it. Fantasy Life arrives tomorrow. Amazon promises.

Probably cause the area was spoiled due to the Story Mode's final boss...

That area is discouraging. Very, very discouraging.

Finished my second playthrough of Mass Effect. Shifting focus to Dragon Warrior Monsters. I will probably also start playing Final Fantasy V soon...

Say hi to Gilgamesh for me. ;)

Haha, will do! Got my start on FF V, but I'm totally addicted to DWM at this point, so I only put a few hours in.

Fantasy Life is all I hoped it would be. Like Rune Factory minus farming. I'm loving it. 7 days & 20 hours in. I know that doesn't sound like a ton, but for someone who works 50 hours and has a toddler, I think that may be a week-long record for me! Awesome game!

I hope you don't mean you've logged 188 hours into it. That would be disconcerting.

I hope you don't mean you've logged 188 hours into it. That would be disconcerting.

20 is enough. My right thumb hurts from the button mashing. Turn based games don't wear my thumb out like this!

I meant to go back and play Etrian Odyssey 3, but somehow winded up playing 4 instead. The goal is to get my party to level 99 and attempt to destroy the Warped Savior in the 6th Stratum. I've attempted taking it on before, but with not the greatest luck. It shan't get the better of me!

Yikes! Good luck with that!

It's actually easy to get your party to that level if you use the Holy Gift burst ability in boss fights and/or against shiny enemies. Boosts the amount of EXP you get like crazy, especially if you use it on the dragons.

And thanks. It'll be a tough fight, but....well, I just hope I can manage to actually beat him!

Edited by YangustheLegendaryBandit

Progress is going well. All I need to do now is collect 2 more materials (both coming from the hardest bosses of the game, the Fallen One and the Warped Savior) and defeat the Warped Savior and I'll have 100% EO4.